1994 SW

1994 Saturn SW

1994 Saturn SW

4.3

Have You Driven the 1994 Saturn SW?

Saturn:That's an All American Car

by Parnelli from Maine on Wed Mar 19 2008

I would highly recommend a Saturn. This is my third, and I always plan to keep them for a long time. My present car has 190,000+ miles and is still running well. I have owned it since 1995 when because of a back injury, I had to get rid of my standard in favor of an automatic. It does well on gas, and other than regular maintainance has been on the road everyday!!!!The fact that the polymer shell and not not metal is great because golfballs do not dent it, either! Rock on Saturn!!!!

Reliable car with decent features

by Wagon Man from Illinois on Sun Dec 24 2006

My family has had a saturn SW2 for over 12 years now, and overall, it is a pretty good car. We have never had any major problems with it and for it's age, it has some rather nice features such as traction controll, ABS, power windows/locks, and power right side mirror. I did replace the speakers and head unit, but the stock sound system was not terrible. It has a peppy engine and good milage although it does tend to go through motor oil rather quickly. Overall a good car that has held up very well.

195k miles and still going

by James from San Pedro, CA on Tue Aug 28 2007

I bought this car used back in 03 (it is 07 now) and I've driven this car hard and it is still going. As the previous reviewer mentioned, the car just seems to eat oil. I've never had a leak, although the alternator has gone out on me twice. But for the money this car has been good to me.

Our Take on the 1994 Saturn SW

A sedan with a backpack.

That's what Saturn calls its SW1 and SW2 station-wagon companions to its SLsedans and SC coupes.

It's a clever comparison, because if you look at the Saturn wagon from the front, you simply see what appears to be an SL sedan. It's not until you take a few steps back that the "backpack" appears. So the Saturn station wagons are like sedans in camouflage. That's a nice touch for those who normally consider a station wagon a sedan with an apartment in back.

Station wagons aren't for everyone. Many wagon owners have graduated into mini-vans or sport-utility vehicles. Some desired the greater room of a van, some switched for the style of a sport-utility and others... Read More