1998 SW

4.7 out of 5 starsInterior Design
4.7 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.7 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Absolutely the most reliable vehicle I've owned

by BD Stuart from New Hampshire on April 7, 2018

Sad day for me as I am looking to replace my 98 Saturn SW2 5-spd Wagon. Not, because she's given up the ghost. But because of the amount of unitentive drivers and the rise in accidents caused by these folks crossing the yellow line. I purchased my Saturn 10 yrs ago this coming June. It had 58K for mileage and I stole it at the time for $2,400. It currently has 309K on it and "STILL" gets 38-40 mpg with summer tires, 34 mpg with 4 studded snow's. (Live in Northern NE) I can tell you that I did my research before I purchased this car. You "HAVE TO" get the dbl overhead cam engine and 5-spd to get this kind of longevity out of this vehicle. It is, in my opinion, the absolute most reliable 4 cyl engine produced. It will go forever. Still the original clutch (Drove Tanker for 31 yrs) and the vehicle still has no rust to speak of. Quick list of what I've replaced in 240K miles since I purchased car. 2 sets of front calipers and rotors. 4 sets of front pads. 1 set of rear drums and , yes 1 set of rear shoes. 2 starters. 1 catalytic converter. 1 radiator, water pump and set of hoses. 4 alternator belts. 3 sets of plugs, 1 set of wires and 1 coil pack. 5 sets of tires. All items correlate with your basic PM. I'm looking to step into another bullet proof car as a good safe replacement. 2003 Buick Lesabre. So, if you find one of these with moderate mileage, 120-130K, and it's been taken care of, you cannot go wrong.

This was an awesome car.

by Tommy P. from Hermitage, TN on September 14, 2017

I had a hitch on this car and it would tow my Jon boat and a 4 X 6 trailer. It was running up to the point of me having a wreck which I walked away from. Even after the wreck the car would still start and was driven up on the trailer, unfortunately it was totaled. I still reminisce about this car and the things that I did in it.

Good little car

by Cheap Wheels from Fort Worth, TX on July 3, 2007

I bought this car from a retired vet who towed it behind a motorhome. It has been a good reliable car so far. I have 84,000 miles on it. The things I have done to it so far include: Tires Oxygen Sensors Catalytic Converter Power window slider Not a fancy car by any standard. Not very spacious on the inside either for people of size.