2006 Vue

2006 Saturn Vue

2006 Saturn Vue

4.3

Have You Driven the 2006 Saturn Vue?

Honda Quality and Performance at a GM Price

by ossmanns from Appleton, WI on Fri Dec 10 2010

We purchased the 2006 V6 FWD Vue in Sept. of '06--it was a demonstrator that had just under 15K miles on it, so even though we were buying within the model year, we saved significant $$ going with the "slightly used" unit. Heading in, we knew that the '04 to '07 V6 Vues featured Honda-built engines and transmissions, but had no idea just exactly how powerful and reliable that powertrain would be over the life of the vehicle. Regarding power: the V6 has a 3.5-liter, 250 horsepower engine which is perfectly matched to the Honda transmission. Make no mistake: this car zips...and will continue zipping for a long, long time. No other "cute-ute" of the time period can come close to its power and performance. Currently we have 120K miles on ours and--no joke--it still drives like the day we brought it home. We've had absolutely no issues with the vehicle in the five years we've owned it and plan to push it to 200K with no expectations of problems. In sum: the '04-'07 V6 Vues are one of the best-kept secrets in the last decade's worth of domestic car production. You won't be disappointed.

One of my best vehicles

by Diane from Laurel, DE on Tue May 28 2013

I've owned 14 vehicles in my lifetime. My 06 Saturn Vue is one of the best I've ever owned. My Vue (6cyl) has 102,000 miles on it and up until just recently all I've had to do is keep it serviced, with the exception of Saturn paying to replace the torque converter on the transmission when it was about 2 years old. Recently I've had to replace some lifters because I was getting a shimmy going down the highway. Mechanic found it had thrown over 600 codes. Have had to replace brake pads normally and just had to replace rotors and calipers, but what do you expect with this many miles. Replaced the timing belt at 90,000 miles too. Again, maintenance item. I love the side panels because I have NO dings in my doors! Has been good on tires too. Getting ready to purchase my second set. Definitly going Michelin this time, no more Bridgestones for me! The only other vehicle I've owned that I say would even come close to being better than this vehicle is my old 94 Toyota Camry. I've owned Chevy (never again), Buick (never again), Pontiac, Toyota, Honda, Oldsmobile and Saturn. Toyota and Saturn top the list when it comes to all of the rating categories for sure!

Outstanding Quality and Utility

by DadaVue from Detroit, MI on Tue Aug 29 2006

This has been the best car for the money I have ever owned. Great performance with V6, excellent easy steering, great visibility, awesome smooth ride, great mileage for an SUV, and non denting panels.

Just love my VUE

by classy lady from Fort Wayne, IN on Thu Nov 18 2010

I love my Saturn Vue. It has plenty of room but not to big and gets great fuel economy. Very nice looking too. I love the split leather/suede material. I would highly recommended this vehicle!!

Can't beat this for all around value and looks

by johnny from Norfolk, VA on Wed Nov 04 2009

Great car. Bought one new and have 45000 miles on it. Haven't had to do anything but regular maint. Price I paid for a 2006 was $3,000 more than the price after 4 years and 45K miles. Not bad. Doors are ding resistant and look same as the day I bought it - no fading, no dents. I got the heated seats and am very glad - it was less than $200 and I've used that feature from Nov to April each year. I get 30mpg on the road and 22 in town regularly. This vehicle has done everything I have asked it to do. I regret that they no longer make the model or the brand.

2006 Saturn VUE AWD

by Muscle Car Enthosiast and General Car Nut from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Wed May 31 2006

I was attacted to this vehicle because of the 250HP Honda V6 engine with 5 spd auto. I wanted and all round vehicle to haul a small boat through the mountains 600 miles without suffering a gas gusselling V8 and larger vehicle. The VUE doesn't offer some of the optional equipment others supply for the same price, but it does have the best performance I have found in this size of SUV with better than most fuel economy. The exterior and interior (woodgrain accented) appointments are generally appealling with good room up front but a little tight for a 6 footer in the back when the driver and passenger are comfortably place in their seats. The front bucket seat inboard swing down arm rests could be better designed to be more comfortably positioned. The standard stereo systems power and quality are barely adequate considering todays technology, and the $900 upgrade system is not worth the money, Saturn definitely has to tune this up. Drum brakes in the rear is very old technology and should be dumped on all vehicles with 4 wheel disc ABS as standard. There is noticable front end wheel torque to the right when accelerating and Saturn should have compensated for this when they installed the high output drivetrain. The front windshield spray system hits very low on the windshield, not sure whats with that. The Vue's non-negotiable sticker price is quite high for the limited option list provided, but in my case I loved the subtantial difference in power and was willing to trade off some of the creature comforts offered in other comparable vehicles. It is fun to drive and I would recommend this vehicle to those who want performance in their small SUV.

Excellent condition. Must sell.

by Danice from Raleigh, NC on Thu Jul 13 2006

This a great vehicle. If you are looking for an SUV with good gas mileage, this vehicle gets 29 mpg on the highway. It has comfortable captain chairs for the driver and front passenger and handles well on the road. This vehicle has many airbags: driver, front passenger, and side bags. It has a special cargo pop up container in the rear for groceries, flowers, etc.

Great SUV with car-like feel

by Vigilant buyer from Fitchburg, MA on Tue Jun 06 2006

I purchase this vehicle after test driving a few SUV's. The VUE had a huge difference over the Honda CRV with feel, power and handling. I was sold after taking it on a 5 mile test drive. Lots of fun to drive. Gas mileage is very good considering the power the engine produces.

As usual, Saturn comes through

by themare from Johnsburg, NY on Tue Dec 30 2008

This is my second Saturn. I purchased my first one in 1992 and loved it. Now I have just purchased the VUE and I really love this car, too. It handles extremely well, and the AWD really comes through when needed. I live in the mountains near Lake George, NY and this car really handles the snow and ice well. The gas mileage is great and the interior is beautiful. All in all, a great car for a great price. I would definitely recommend this car.

Early but like it

by Saturn Vue from Columbus on Fri Jul 11 2014

Great experience with Bob Boyd in Lancaster. Dennis worked with me to get a reasonable price for the car I was purchasing. I would recommend this dealership. The car is a wonderful sturdy car. Ive put over 300 miles on it in just under 24 hours. I would say I really broke this car in and have had no trouble thus far. I love saturn and will defend till the day I die

1 2 3 4 5 6

Our Take on the 2006 Saturn Vue

Saturn's stylish and fun-to-drive compact sport utility, known as the Vue, returned for 2006 with some significant updates, including some new exterior styling cues and a revamped interior. The overall look remains the same, though, as this is just the fourth year of production, and the vehicle isn't quite ready for a complete makeover.

Coming this summer, as an early 2007 model, is the new Vue Green Line model - the first gasoline-electric hybrid passenger vehicle to be offered by General Motors. That vehicle, with a 20 percent improvement in fuel economy over this year's V-6 models, will start at just under $23,000. EPA ratings will be 27 miles per gallon in the city and 32 mpg on the highway... Read More