2008 Vue

2008 Saturn Vue

2008 Saturn Vue

4.2

Have you driven the 2008 Saturn Vue?

Great SUV for the price

by 1SmartShopper from Richmond, VA on Tue May 19 2015

I never heard of a Saturn Vue until my dad recently brought it to my attention. A co-worker of his had purchased a 2006 Vue in the past and absolutely loved it. I did my research and stumbled upon the 2008 XR model, which I fell in love with. Within a week or two, I found the perfect one. The size and style of the vehicle was everything I wanted (the only thing it didn't have was a sunroof, but that's definitely forgivable). The major downfall of the vehicle itself is that the engine is loud, which can be a bit irritating, but it's nothing terrible. I suggest you test drive it prior to purchasing to see what I mean. Several SUV's have that same issue, not just those from Saturn, but it's nothing to dismiss the car about. Other than that, I am finding more and more things that I love about the vehicle. It's a safe and reliable car; even though Saturn is no longer in business, pretty much any GMC, etc. dealership will service it for you since the parts come from various makes/models of cars. I love the fact that the rear view mirror automatically dims at night so you don't get blinded from the headlights from other cars behind you. The gas mileage is pretty decent for an SUV--nothing to rant and rave about, but it's better than my previous sedan. Overall, it's an affordable, reliable, sleek looking vehicle with little perks here and there that are pretty impressive for an older SUV.

'08 XE: Great 4-banger for the buck

by Saturn Fan from Chicago, Il. on Mon Oct 13 2008

PROS. Great hwy. mpg 28,around town 20;Best looking CUV;Upscale interior; Numerous included features; stable ride; above ave. fit and finish. CONS. Cup holders too low; ignition slot hidden behind the steering wheel; Front seat seating surface needs more thigh support; Drivers seat needs more front to back travel; Uncomfortible lumbar support even when dialed down,especially on long trips.

First vehicle. Awesome for a first time car owner.

by Jackson from Hamilton, ON on Thu Jan 26 2017

So I'm a 21 year old male and I purchased a 2008 Saturn Vue XE FWD (4 cylinder) red in colour. At the time of purchase the vehicle only had 149,825 km which is very low for the age. Since purchasing this car outright at a local dealership I'm absolutely in love. I'm in college full time and work part time and live on my own in a townhouse. This car is absolutely amazing!!! Very smooth drive, gas mileage is not bad at all. Almost next to nothing in noise which I love. Lots of room and the seats are comfortable to sit in. The spare tire is in the trunk area under a hatch which I like. Easily accessible if needed. For a base model the features in my opinion are on point. I was expecting way less in it. Very easy car to drive. My own hard-earned money was obviously used to purchase this outright and I do not regret it at all whatsoever. Accelerating braking steering perfect for me!! I love the option to drive it in manual with the buttons for it on the side of the shifted knob. Nice little change if you get bored with your hands lol. Going up steep hills is effortless. Which is impressive to me. For my very first vehicle I don't regret this. Plus my dealership gave me a 3 month warranty and also have an extended 3 year warranty that is all inclusive and comprehensive with 0 deductible and a car rental. So if anything happens, it's already covered!!! Love it!! Such a shame that Saturn went under. They did a real good choice but building this one off of the European Opel model. Didn't like the previous years models but this one is a keeper for me. Scarlett (nicknamed her) and myself have a lot of adventures up ahead!!

Great package for a small SUV

by new Vue owner from Maryland on Tue Jul 03 2007

The 2007 and the 2008 Vue are like night and day. I test drove both cars. Driving the 2007 Vue was totally uninspiring. The steering was sloppy and the vehicle was not very responsive. The 2008 Vue couldn't have been more different. The steering was crisp and although it looks a little bulky, it feels very agile, even sporty. I had driven the Rav4 the previous day and would have to say that the 2008 Vue is more fun to drive. The 2008 styling is a huge upgrade in looks over the 2007. The interior feels roomy and has some nice detailing. Also, the base Vue comes with standard features that are options on any other brand out there; XM radio, OnStar, 6 airbags. I had no intention of buying a 2008 Vue, I was looking at the 2007 Vue Hybrids, but it definitely won me over. Negatives are the less than ideal gas mileage and my 4 cyl Vue will not win any races. Many more positives than negatives.

Saturn VUE Forever

by GEL85 from Metairie, La on Thu Apr 10 2014

I have owned Saturns since 2002. THe 2008 that I own was purchased new and continues to perform flawlessly. New tires and new battery is all i have changed other than normal maintainence. The 1 quirk is the cruise control. It is apparent the gearing is not up to snuff because when i climb the smallest hill it must downshift. Other than that it is a awesome vehicle 26 MPG combined.

Surprisingly stylish and satisfying

by First Time Saturn Owner from Atlanta, GA on Sun Jan 06 2008

First, I never bother to write these reviews. I have had such a surprisingly great experience with this car though that I'd like to share... Never before had I even walked onto a Saturn lot or sat in one of their vehicles. Yet recently I found myself looking at all options for a new crossover/SUV. I drove the CRV, the RAV4, the Mazda CX7, Ford Edge, Nissan Rogue, Mazda Tribute, Honda Pilot. The 2008 VUE was the only one that I found fit all of my qualifications. It's definitely the most stylish, the seating the most comfortable and the overall interior the highest looking quality. Plus with the V6 it beat out the CRV which only comes in a 4Liter. It beats the CX7 and Rogue on space...the front seats of those cars feel very small. And its features are sleek...unlike the antiquated Honda Pilot with its gear shift or the Mazda Tribute with the shiny plastic interior. Not only is the VUE fantastic, but I have never had a better experience buying my car. The dealership worked with me, gave me the best trade-in value on my old car of over 10 dealerships I talked to, and before I committed to buy the car even parked it around back the day I was planning to look at it again so it would be there when I arrived. Their finance person made everything very simple to finalize quickly. I walked away feeling I got a fantastic deal on an amazing new car. I am now a Saturn fan...and owner.

Great reliable SUV for the price

by Saturn Steve from California on Mon Mar 04 2013

Bought my XE 4 cylinder brand new, has 26,000 miles on it and have not had a problem yet. It has pretty good gas mileage, decent power, handles pretty good, and is very comfortalbe on long trips and great for the family. It looks good and is very reliable. The price was great for how nice it is and how well it still runs after almost 5 years of ownership. The interior is ok, but the center console in the front is a tad small with so-so cup holders. This is the most reliable car I've owned, its too bad Saturn went under.

A Good Buy-Would Recommend to a Friend

by ecoop20 from Columbia, SC on Sun Mar 26 2017

All in all this car is a decent car. It is no luxury car, but it is not a bare-bones economy car either. I have the XE trim level, which is the basic. It comes with a 2.4L engine, Front wheel drive, 4 speed automatic plus overdrive. It has cruise control, power steering and windows, remote key, single disc CD player, AM FM radio, auxiliary audio port, XM radio optional, and OnStar optional (these last two you would have to call to subscribe, but the equipment's already on board). Pros: Comfortably seats up to 5 without being too squished Lot's of cupholders-a total of 6 I think, 4 up front, 2 in the back Door pockets-good for storing umbrellas, pencils, other nick-nacks Decent sized trunk Fold-flat back seats-expands the trunk space considerably Roof runners-allows cargo attachments Ok gas mileage-we average I think about 22-23 mpg, mixed city/hwy driving Attachments for car seats Cons: My biggest con is the performance. The 2.4L is honestly underpowered for the size of the vehicle. It is hard to maintain a constant highway speed without really having to gas the car. If you use cruise control the engine is going to go crazy every time there's a slight uphill stretch. If you're buying the V6 (I think it's something like a 3.5L) you would probably be fine for power, but the 4cyl is just too weak. Overall, this is a good car. I'm giving it 4 of 5 stars. If you can handle the lack of power (really not a huge issue, more of a minor annoyance) or you're getting the V6 this car will do great for you. Would definitely recommend!

Reliable Saturns

by love Saturn from Oshkosh, Wi on Wed Jun 05 2013

This is the third Saturn I have owned. I was really disappointed when they decided not to make them any more. The one vehicle that lived up to it's name, No hassle sticker and a lot of them out there and they picked that vehicle to not make any more. Very sad. I was glad we still found one so we could trade up and still have a Saturn.

2007 Saturn Vue, great SUV

by Kmg from AURORA on Sun Mar 05 2017

Bought it usedbin 09 drove it everyday unril 2017. Regular maintenance only, vey reliable, great in the snow, best car i have owned, wish they still made them. Buying an other GM SUV

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Our Take on the 2008 Saturn Vue

Saturn has always been GM's "different" brand. You know, the one that had hard-to-dent plastic body panels and a no-haggle pricing policy. Today, that different little brand no longer has plastic body panels, but it still has one of the highest customer-satisfaction ratings when it comes to the car-buying process. It just hasn't had many models that people wanted to buy.

That started to change last year when Saturn introduced three attractive new models: the Sky, the Outlook and the Aura, but those were in segments Saturn loyalists weren't used to. The Vue, though, is a familiar name that has been a big seller for the brand as one of the least-expensive SUVs on the market. It's completely changed for... Read More