2009 Saturn Vue Consumer Reviews

4.0
Average based on 8 reviews

Finally an American car I like

by from Fort Lauderdale, FL on December 31, 2008

I have been a fan of Japanese cars because of the look and reliability. American cars always looked bulky and dated. Not this one. I had 2 Hondas and a Mitsubishi before. I was coming out of a Honda Pilot lease and wanted a smaller SUV. I was going to lease either a Nissan Rogue or a Subaru Forester. The Nissan dealer offered a special lease on the Rogue. On my way to sign the lease, I decided to stop and see the new Vue and check out the GM incentives. The minute I checked out the Vue, I fell in love with it. Loved the exterior and the interior. It looked very well made with no cheap material anywhere. When I test drove the V4 and the V6, I liked the V4 better (XE-2.4L). The total incentives to buy this car was $5500 off the sticker price ($1500 of which was because I was coming out off a lease). I bought the car right away. Now after a week of driving it, I am still very impressed with it. This is the first American car I ever liked. Hopefully from now on, if the US big three start to produce cars like this, I will never buy a foreign car. First tank city driving car mileage with some AC use is 19.86 MPG. Favorite Features: Everything. Suggested Improvements: Nothing

very good vehicle

by from Portage, MI on March 10, 2013

The ride is comfortable & easy to drive. I love the electric steering as no sound & very little effort required to steer.The outside rear mirrors are large and give a wide rearward view. Gas consumption in city is good & road acceptable for the size of vehicle. The 2.4 -16valve engine gives acceptable performance & power is respectable for the type of driving I do.I would recommend this vehicle to almost anyone only sorry they quit making them when Saturn was forced out of the market by the bail-out.I think many of the features were incorporated from the Saturn SUV"s to GM Chev. Equinox. Sure look similar & same engine.

Love it!!

by from Albany NY on March 1, 2013

I love the Saturn Vue!! I am a single mom of a very active little girl. The Saturn Vue is affordable and reliable. I bought a 06 3 years ago and have had not one single thing go wrong. I think that Onstar is the coolest!! I'm now looking for a newer model ... I wish they still made Saturn's.... :(

Good driving Vehicle

by from King, NC on May 2, 2011

The Vue is a very sharp looking SUV. Handles very well. The ride is not comfortable as expected.Except for ride comfort this is a very good vehicle

vue

by from on December 17, 2012

so far so good .great mileage,comfortable,and drives real well negitive cup holders bad location and storage

Beware

by from Detroit, MI on April 24, 2012

I own a 08 Saturn Vue great car got it new. I heard about some of the problems that some owners had experienced. I was also notified about a recall on some Vue's regarding the Transmission. I checked into it but my vin# was not included. My vue has 110,000 mile on it and the transmission is no good and out of warranty. The trans shop stated that my trans failed the same way all the others failed in the recall yet after contacting GM my Vin# was not including in the recall I have the 6T70 Trans which is included in the recall but I'm being told that the one I have was made after the problem was correct by the Manufacture . Cost $2,400 to rebuild. People BEWARE

Nice Car Unless You're Tall

by from Worcester, MA on June 15, 2009

When it came time to replace our Oldsmobile, we started looking at sedans but soon discovered everything has shrunk since we last bought a sedan. Other than the Chevy Impala, everything else out there was a lot smaller. We ended up in a Saturn dealership and it truly felt like the recent ad says, they finally had a nice fleet of cars. We test drove all of them, except the Outlook (not in the market for that size yet). The Aura and Astra were too small, the Vue was perfect. My only beef is with the front seats - I'm 6ft 4in so I always ride with the driver seat all the way back. My wife is 5ft 3in and she drives with the Vue seat all the way back - with significantly different legs, I could easily move the seat back further if it did. It's tolerable but I could certainly handle the seat moving back more and a little longer seat bottom. Otherwise, we've been very happy with the car. We had a few issues with the interior quality after we first picked it up and the battery was a dud. Since those items were addressed, the car has been fine.

Great car

by from on December 12, 2009

I find this Vue to be a much better car than I expected it to be. How sad that when GMC finally puts out this car in America, The government makes them take it away