Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2009 Vue

2009 Saturn Vue

2009 Saturn Vue

4.4

Have You Driven the 2009 Saturn Vue?

Finally an American car I like

by Reliable cars fan from Fort Lauderdale, FL on Wed Dec 31 2008

I have been a fan of Japanese cars because of the look and reliability. American cars always looked bulky and dated. Not this one. I had 2 Hondas and a Mitsubishi before. I was coming out of a Honda Pilot lease and wanted a smaller SUV. I was going to lease either a Nissan Rogue or a Subaru Forester. The Nissan dealer offered a special lease on the Rogue. On my way to sign the lease, I decided to stop and see the new Vue and check out the GM incentives. The minute I checked out the Vue, I fell in love with it. Loved the exterior and the interior. It looked very well made with no cheap material anywhere. When I test drove the V4 and the V6, I liked the V4 better (XE-2.4L). The total incentives to buy this car was $5500 off the sticker price ($1500 of which was because I was coming out off a lease). I bought the car right away. Now after a week of driving it, I am still very impressed with it. This is the first American car I ever liked. Hopefully from now on, if the US big three start to produce cars like this, I will never buy a foreign car. First tank city driving car mileage with some AC use is 19.86 MPG. Favorite Features: Everything. Suggested Improvements: Nothing

Love it!!

by Mommy Mobile from Albany NY on Fri Mar 01 2013

I love the Saturn Vue!! I am a single mom of a very active little girl. The Saturn Vue is affordable and reliable. I bought a 06 3 years ago and have had not one single thing go wrong. I think that Onstar is the coolest!! I'm now looking for a newer model ... I wish they still made Saturn's.... :(

Sit back and admire the Vue!

by Prune from Rochester, NY on Fri Mar 17 2017

The 2009 Saturn Vue has the sharp look and feel of a higher priced sporty SUV without the huge pricetag. Power driverseat, windows, locks, and sunroof all add a touch of luxury to a budget-friendly ride and overall great family car. In treacherous upstate NY winters, this Vue has handled incredibly well, and made it through the snowiest commutes. Now that I'm in the market for a new car, I'm looking to duplicate the Vue as much as I can. Love, love, LOVE this car!

Very reliable in all types of weather.

by Jensnemti from Kenosha, WI on Sun May 28 2017

We bought it used (one previous owner) and haven't had to have any work done on it, other than regular maintenance. I plan on driving it for several more years.

Good driving Vehicle

by Ramrod from King, NC on Mon May 02 2011

The Vue is a very sharp looking SUV. Handles very well. The ride is not comfortable as expected.Except for ride comfort this is a very good vehicle

Jennings keeps my car in great shape!

by Althea Watson from Evanston, IL on Thu Nov 30 2017

I love this car. It is easy to drive, park and there is enough room for all my needs. I have had the car since 2009 and Jennings repairs everything perfectly. I feel as though I am driving a new car!

vue

by styler from on Mon Dec 17 2012

so far so good .great mileage,comfortable,and drives real well negitive cup holders bad location and storage

Comfortable ride, very good performance

by Nanna from Charlotte on Fri Sep 08 2017

I purchased this in '11. It's larger than I'd wanted but it has served me well. I've had no problems with this outside regular maintenance. Handles well. I gave the exterior styling 3 stars because I don't like the body style...it's too long and it isn't that attractive.

very good vehicle

by dependable from Portage, MI on Sun Mar 10 2013

The ride is comfortable & easy to drive. I love the electric steering as no sound & very little effort required to steer.The outside rear mirrors are large and give a wide rearward view. Gas consumption in city is good & road acceptable for the size of vehicle. The 2.4 -16valve engine gives acceptable performance & power is respectable for the type of driving I do.I would recommend this vehicle to almost anyone only sorry they quit making them when Saturn was forced out of the market by the bail-out.I think many of the features were incorporated from the Saturn SUV"s to GM Chev. Equinox. Sure look similar & same engine.

Nice Car Unless You're Tall

by GM guy from Worcester, MA on Mon Jun 15 2009

When it came time to replace our Oldsmobile, we started looking at sedans but soon discovered everything has shrunk since we last bought a sedan. Other than the Chevy Impala, everything else out there was a lot smaller. We ended up in a Saturn dealership and it truly felt like the recent ad says, they finally had a nice fleet of cars. We test drove all of them, except the Outlook (not in the market for that size yet). The Aura and Astra were too small, the Vue was perfect. My only beef is with the front seats - I'm 6ft 4in so I always ride with the driver seat all the way back. My wife is 5ft 3in and she drives with the Vue seat all the way back - with significantly different legs, I could easily move the seat back further if it did. It's tolerable but I could certainly handle the seat moving back more and a little longer seat bottom. Otherwise, we've been very happy with the car. We had a few issues with the interior quality after we first picked it up and the battery was a dud. Since those items were addressed, the car has been fine.

1 2

Our Take on the 2009 Saturn Vue

Editor's note: This review was written in May 2007 about the 2008 Saturn Vue. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2009, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

Saturn has always been GM's "different" brand. You know, the one that had hard-to-dent plastic body panels and a no-haggle pricing policy. Today, that different little brand no longer has plastic body panels, but it still has one of the highest customer-satisfaction ratings when it comes to the car-buying process. It just hasn't had many models that people wanted to buy.

That started to change last year when Saturn introduced three... Read More