2009 Vue

4.5 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.5 out of 5 starsReliability

Finally an American car I like

by Reliable cars fan from Fort Lauderdale, FL on December 31, 2008

I have been a fan of Japanese cars because of the look and reliability. American cars always looked bulky and dated. Not this one. I had 2 Hondas and a Mitsubishi before. I was coming out of a Honda Pilot lease and wanted a smaller SUV. I was going to lease either a Nissan Rogue or a Subaru Forester. The Nissan dealer offered a special lease on the Rogue. On my way to sign the lease, I decided to stop and see the new Vue and check out the GM incentives. The minute I checked out the Vue, I fell in love with it. Loved the exterior and the interior. It looked very well made with no cheap material anywhere. When I test drove the V4 and the V6, I liked the V4 better (XE-2.4L). The total incentives to buy this car was $5500 off the sticker price ($1500 of which was because I was coming out off a lease). I bought the car right away. Now after a week of driving it, I am still very impressed with it. This is the first American car I ever liked. Hopefully from now on, if the US big three start to produce cars like this, I will never buy a foreign car. First tank city driving car mileage with some AC use is 19.86 MPG. Favorite Features: Everything. Suggested Improvements: Nothing

Love it!!

by Mommy Mobile from Albany NY on March 1, 2013

I love the Saturn Vue!! I am a single mom of a very active little girl. The Saturn Vue is affordable and reliable. I bought a 06 3 years ago and have had not one single thing go wrong. I think that Onstar is the coolest!! I'm now looking for a newer model ... I wish they still made Saturn's.... :(

Sit back and admire the Vue!

by Prune from Rochester, NY on March 17, 2017

The 2009 Saturn Vue has the sharp look and feel of a higher priced sporty SUV without the huge pricetag. Power driverseat, windows, locks, and sunroof all add a touch of luxury to a budget-friendly ride and overall great family car. In treacherous upstate NY winters, this Vue has handled incredibly well, and made it through the snowiest commutes. Now that I'm in the market for a new car, I'm looking to duplicate the Vue as much as I can. Love, love, LOVE this car!

Very reliable in all types of weather.

by Jensnemti from Kenosha, WI on May 28, 2017

We bought it used (one previous owner) and haven't had to have any work done on it, other than regular maintenance. I plan on driving it for several more years.

Good driving Vehicle

by Ramrod from King, NC on May 2, 2011

The Vue is a very sharp looking SUV. Handles very well. The ride is not comfortable as expected.Except for ride comfort this is a very good vehicle

vue

by styler from on December 17, 2012

so far so good .great mileage,comfortable,and drives real well negitive cup holders bad location and storage

Comfortable ride, very good performance

by Nanna from Charlotte on September 8, 2017

I purchased this in '11. It's larger than I'd wanted but it has served me well. I've had no problems with this outside regular maintenance. Handles well. I gave the exterior styling 3 stars because I don't like the body style...it's too long and it isn't that attractive.

Like New With 107,000 Miles Saturn VUE XR 3.6 AWD

by Jerrs from Cheektowaga, NY on March 13, 2018

I am 77 and this is only the second used car I have purchased in the last 40 years. I was very surprised at it's good condition (interior, rust) and lack of any problems with things such as gauges, knobs, door handles, lights etc. The design is still current and the interior room is good for me. I'll update the lighting LED's and add some extras like performance exhaust, WT mats, wheels etc. This is the first American brand I have purchased in 29 years. I am surprised at the overall good quality of the car. It drives like other small 2017 SUV's I've driven i.e. Ok but not like sedans. I had a Lexus RX350 which was a better driver. It has plenty of power but poor mpg. Surprised US buyers let this car ( as the Captiva) disappear. It would be a good home for a 3L double turbo and 8 speed. I must admit it is too heavy (4000+) as is to be competitive with newer small SUV's. Great car for someone who only drives 5,000 mile per year in the snowy north.

Jennings keeps my car in great shape!

by Althea Watson from Evanston, IL on November 30, 2017

I love this car. It is easy to drive, park and there is enough room for all my needs. I have had the car since 2009 and Jennings repairs everything perfectly. I feel as though I am driving a new car!

very good vehicle

by dependable from Portage, MI on March 10, 2013

The ride is comfortable & easy to drive. I love the electric steering as no sound & very little effort required to steer.The outside rear mirrors are large and give a wide rearward view. Gas consumption in city is good & road acceptable for the size of vehicle. The 2.4 -16valve engine gives acceptable performance & power is respectable for the type of driving I do.I would recommend this vehicle to almost anyone only sorry they quit making them when Saturn was forced out of the market by the bail-out.I think many of the features were incorporated from the Saturn SUV"s to GM Chev. Equinox. Sure look similar & same engine.

1 2