Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2013 iQ

2013 Scion iQ

2013 Scion iQ

3.9

4 out of 5 stars Interior Design

Have You Driven the 2013 Scion iQ?

Great value for daily driving

by Pegasus2 from Palmyra, Pa. on Sat Jan 11 2014

I bought my 2013 Scion IQ new, in Jan. 13. I currently have about 9000 miles on the odometer and, I thought I'd share my experience so far. Since it's just me and my wife, we were looking at a non hybrid car with very good fuel economy ratings and the IQ has certainly fit the bill. We've been averaging around 36 mpg around town. We use the car on an almost daily basis for running errands, day trips etc. While we normally leave the rear seats folded down for more cargo capacity, we have had an adult passenger in the rear and she was quite pleased with the amount of room back there. Like any short wheelbase car, the IQ is choppy on rough surfaces but otherwise I find the ride and handling pretty good. The base sound system is terrific and only at higher speeds is road noise noticeable. While most efficient on urban streets, the IQ does OK on the interstates for short jaunts of say 100 miles or so. While it takes it's time getting up to freeway speeds, the car is stable at the 65-70 mph range. Above that, I'd recommend a bigger car. The car comes with all the standard features you would want in a car and as long as you consider what the IQ was designed for I think you will be pleased with it.

Much better then Smart by far

by KennyDallas from Dallas, TX on Sat Jun 01 2013

Hi everyone. If your looking or a micro car that has some power, this is it. I can easily get onto the highway and it feels tight. Very little sway when a car passes on freeway. It is a great choice. I love my 2013 IQ. I test drove te Smart before the IQ and wanted to love Smart, I am a Mercedes boy after all. Very disappointing. No power and when a Ford Focus pasted me on freeway, I thought it would through me off the road. Very very disappointed in Smart. Take them both for a test ride to pick what you like. :)

Great mpg and fun to drive!

by Ren3476 from Hudson, WI on Sat Jul 15 2017

Plenty of zip for metro traffic. It's made ultimately by Toyota, so it's been very reliable. The car is lightweight and front wheel drive.

A car I’ll never forget...

by Matthewbh93 from Oxford, AL on Wed Apr 25 2018

The Scion IQ was meant to be a city car whose small design would fit anywhere and ease through city traffic. Much like a smart car but with a back seat. I, however, drove it everywhere and back. Sometimes with every seatbelt in use. I never had one single problem with the car outside of general maintenance. The exterior and interior design was eye catching yet simple of enough to keep me excited while owning it. It also sparked many conversations when at the pump or the store. Everybody loved it. The IQ has the cute factor that the beetle did back in the 60s. Mine was fully loaded with the pioneer audio system, spoiler, and changeable interior illumination (which was my personal favorite feature). I sold my car to my partner who is also loving the car. The only reason I got rid of it was because I wanted something I could Uber in (a 4-door) during the week when I’m off and something with cruise control (which can be installed aftermarket on the IQ). This car is a great value and an eye catcher, and I’d recommend it to anyone.

Great ride

by Silverwolf1277 from Bessemer Alabama on Fri Mar 16 2018

Great on gas good for commuting and very responsive. You can literally park just about anywhere and it's turning radius is awesome. Its very stylish and can't be happier!

it is a so-so car

by liam312 from richmond, vancouver on Sat May 18 2013

I have owned the 2012 scion IQ since last Aug, 2012. It has given me so much headache on the gas miliage. Average 7.8 at winter so if you want to save gas then don't use heater and defrost. Also, this car is having problem it's vaberting when the car is running around low speed of 30 - 40 km/h.

Does not recommend this car!!

Most small car that I have own.

by Diana’s iQ from Palmdale, CA on Tue Oct 09 2018

This car is perfect to find parking in the city of Los Angeles, it is also very economic on gas. The only thing is that inside it doesn’t have a glove compartment, the light is very simple. But other than that I’m happy with it because now I can park pretty much anywhere in LA.

Our Take on the 2013 Scion iQ

Editor's note: This review was written in August 2012 about the 2012 Scion iQ. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2013, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

The Scion iQ packs the funky appeal of a Smart ForTwo with few of the Smart's drawbacks, but that doesn't make it a complete car.

The four-seat iQ can fit in parking spots that are impossible for other cars, and it drives worlds better than the not-so-Smart, which we named the worst car of the 2000s. But it still feels witless on the highway, and its urban novelty wears thin as you notice the missing features and room that similar money can buy.

A Toyota division, Scion... Read More