2014 Scion Iq

Great little car!

by from Bothell, WA on August 26, 2013

I bought this after having a 2009 Kia Spectra so I was already expecting less power. But I honestly barely notice the difference. If you need to pass a vehicle on the freeway, the car still has extra to give to give you a boost. Even on a hill. Oh and the responsiveness is awesome. A slight turn of the wheel and the car is going that direction. I didn't realize how slow my Kia was until going to the iQ. Am loving the gas mileage and the Eco indicator as well. Only thing I miss....a button to open the cargo lift gate. But then again most of the time I'm already outside of the car when I need in there. Cargo space with the seats down is awesome. I can fit more in there than my Kia. I even compared specs and the iQ has 4 feet more of interior cargo space. And as for leg room, don't bother trying to fit someone behind the driver...though a car seat would fit. My 5'11" boyfriend fit behind the passenger with both of them having plenty of legroom. I love this little car!

great little car!!!!

by from Lebanon.Pa on December 26, 2016

i am 6 foot 2 inches tall 270 pounds. i love my little iQ. when i first bought the car someone walking down the street actually stopped to watch me get out of the car. he could not believe that a big guy like me could fit into such a little car. i have plenty of legroom, in fact, i have more legroom in this car than i had in a 2004 Honda CR-V that i owned previously. people can laugh all they want i drive 40 miles a day back and forth to work,non highway. and average 40 miles a gallon. plenty of room in the back for hauling groceries,etc. i can fit my wife,she is about 5 foot 3 in the passenger seat my daughter in the back with me in the drivers seat comfortably. this is a great little car!

Best car

by from Madison, Wisconsin on January 29, 2015

I love my IQ!! I regularly get 40 mpg and I stay away from gas stations. I can put all my things in the car plus my kid. The IQ is vary safe and dependable. Love it!

Scion IQ

by from Savannah, GA on January 29, 2014

Great perky exterior color. Fun car to drive. Great gas mileage. Comfy seating for up to two people. Fun color

2014 SCION IQ

by from Miami,FL on September 5, 2016

Huge amount of fun to drive. Map/GPS is very easy to use. Dont think u could put even a teenager in the back. I keep the seats down. Great mileage. Very responsive steering. Turning radius is so small. Great for finding parking spacse no one else can fit into.

Amazing little car!

by from Orem, UT on May 1, 2017

I bought my iQ brand new and have owned it for about three years now. This car has so many great things about it, and only a few minor things that aren't so great. First, I'll say the things I don't love about the iQ: 1. No glovebox -- I honestly did not think this would be a big deal when I bought the car. However, I have found it to be a pretty big inconvenience for my needs. It might not be a problem for others. It does have a little pull-out tray beneath the front passenger seat that can be used as a glove box. It's just not quite as big or as convenient as a glove box. 2. Only one cup holder for the front seats -- this has been something that drove me INSANE every time I had a passenger and we both got a drink somewhere, because one of us would have to hold our cup. I find this to be a major design flaw. It does have the "bottle" slots in the door panels, but cups don't work in there, and they are more common (in my area at least). I was finally able to find a mini console thing that I was able to fit behind the cup holder, between the seats. It works perfectly, but finding one that fit was a pain. 3. Holy cow driving this thing on snowy/icy roads can be terrifying! -- I live in Utah, which can get pretty bad road conditions in the winter months. The iQ with the manufacturer installed tires was NOT FUN to drive once winter came. I bought new wheels that hold a slightly wider tire, and purchased better quality winter tires as well, and it helped a little. I probably feel about 15-20% safer. I could never find any snow chains for the size tires that come on the car. I was able to find chains for my new tire size, but haven't had opportunity to try them out yet. I am pretty sure they will help a lot. Now, what I LOVE about this car: 1. So easy to drive -- seriously, I have never had a car so easy to drive. It is a zippy, fun little thing. I think it would be great for teens for several reasons, one of them being it's ease to drive. 2. U turns -- this thing can do a Uturn almost anywhere with ease. Again, could be especially beneficial for teens. 3. Parking -- you know those jerks who park badly and then no one can use the spot next to them? Well, I have gotten so many great parking spots really close to the store because my car can fit where others cannot. It is so easy to park, especially in parallel parking or tight spaces (again, very good for teens). 4. It doesn't hold as many people -- now, some may be thinking this is a negative, not a positive. If you have 5 kids, that is probably the case. I only have one, so that is not a problem for me, and in fact, it has been pretty convenient having limited passenger space. I dislike driving, especially in Utah, and so whenever I am in a group of people, I am never the driver, since my car won't hold enough people. You technically can cram four adults in there as long as at least one of them is pretty small, but it's not very comfortable, so my friends rarely have me be the driver. This can also be a pretty big benefit for teen drivers. They won't be driving around big groups of noisy friends who will distract them from driving. 4. This car is adorable -- I am constantly being complimented on this car. People just love it. Sometimes I'll get whole groups of people gathering around it. It's pretty funny. 5. Gas mileage -- it's almost as good as those expensive hybrids, without the hefty price tag. I fill up like 2-3 times a month, and I'm a commuter. 6. So much more -- from the hands-free calling, to the HD radio with touch screen, to the comfortable seats, etc. it is seriously just an all-around amazing little car. It won't work for everyone, but if you don't have a lot of kids, and especially if you live in an area without snow, this car is such a joy to drive. It is definitely worth the money. Note: I have driven this car about 46,500 miles with no repairs needed. I have only spent money on "extras" like nice wheels, winter tires,

One of the coolest cars I have owned

by from Ashburnham MA on May 9, 2017

The Scion IQ is a great little car, it is very fun to drive(think Go Kart on steroids). The first week driving the car and I only filled up once as opposed to twice with my Escalade($100). The best part was when the pump shut off and I realized I just filled the tank for $14 and change. When you pay attention to how you are driving you can easily get 45+ mpg which is way more than the factory claims. This car will pay itself off in no time. The interior is much more roomy than you would think. Although the car is very small you can not feel that in the front interior of the vehicle. The dash board is very nice as well and many people tell us that it reminds them of a spaceship.

Scion guy

by from Fate,Texas on April 17, 2017

This is a very fun car to drive and getting almost 40 miles per gallon doesn't hurt either everybody looks at me and asked what is that if you like getting attention drive one of these

iQ: is this a joke?

by from Denver metro on August 28, 2013

Not suitable for suburban roads or highways. Cramped & claustrophobic interior Possibly suitable in heavily congested urban settings.