2011 xD

4.8 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

my lil xd

by vikingpiss from fl. on August 23, 2011

i drove a big gas hog truck and traded it for the scion xd. aside from the shock of going to such a small vehicle,im really enjoying this car. its fun to drive and had a ton of options. the 5 speed transmission is awsome and the car handles good.the stereo sounds amazing and it has plenty of room for me and 2 kids.i never thought id drive a scion but im glad that i made this choice

Very happy with my choice

by Frugal Driver from Solon, OH on December 29, 2011

I had a 2004 two door Cavalier but am going to be a grandma and have relatives that no longer drive so I needed a four door. I had my minivan when the kids were young - I'm only 4'11" and wanted to be comfortable driving and handling. 95% of the time it's only me. The four main criteria were value, gas mileage, practicality and comfort. I test drove and checked out every make and model that fit my criteria. I actually went to the Toyota dealer to test drive the Yaris and saw the xD while waiting for a salesperson. It came down to the xD or the xB - the xB has better storage inside but a boxier look I knew I'd get tired of (same reason the Element got eliminated.) So far I'm extremely pleased. My husband (5'6") is very comfortable in it also. He told me if I bought something I really loved the payments would not bother me and he was right! The only negative I have experienced was that the door window is smaller making it difficult at ATMs and drive thrus but a coworker told me they're all like that now.

Love My xD

by Everyday Driver from Kenosha, WI on May 29, 2012

I love it's fit, form, and function. It feels like it has a big car interior with fuel economy of 30-33 mpg. I was surprised last Sunday when I found an additional storage bin to the left of the steering wheel. The only thing that it misses are automatic lights when the car is turned-on and outdoor temperature readings.

Super reliable, edgier take on the Toyota Yaris

by JHapp from Somerset, Nj on May 1, 2017

If you want the super reliability of a Toyota, with a little less of the monotonous styling (while still being kind of monotone, the xD is the car for you. I started out leasing this car as a gift for graduating college. It is a great vehicle (when it was produced) for those who are just starting out and need a nice, and ridiculously reliable car to travel to work, get stuck in traffic in, and go on weekend trips in. It certainly isn't the most comfortable on longer trips (my wife and I used it to travel 250 miles from where we lived in Vermont back to our hometowns in New Jersey). The seats surfaces start to feel even harder after 5 of sitting (even with breaks). However, I've found the car to be incredibly versatile for how small it is. With back seats folded down, you can fit two large rolling luggage bags, two cat carriers, and multiple shopping bags with relative ease (and a resourceful person loading the car). The initial value for the money is great if you buy flat out (not a fan of leasing as I got a job a few states away soon after getting the car and started putting a lot of miles on it, screwing me in the end lease-wise). The xD is Toyota reliable. Never had any issues other than the regular maintenance costs. Overall a great buy when new and certainly a bargain when used.

Great car

by Kim from Lufkin Texas on December 6, 2017

This car met expectations. Gas mileage is great and there is surprisingly good leg room in the back seat