2009 Smart Fortwo

GREAT LITTLE CAR FOR LOCAL DRIVING

by on August 25, 2017

LOVE IT. QUITE ATTRACTIVE AND FUNCTIONAL. GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY. WOULD LOVE TO HAVE A NEWER MODEL THAN I NOW OWN, FREE AND CLEAR.

Uses car for Havingfun

Love my small smart car

by from fonda on July 18, 2017

This vehicle is fun to drive and reliable. My girls rolled the same make and model and walked away with out a scratch.

Great car for in town driving.

by from Cedar City, UT on April 24, 2017

This car isn't designed for the freeway although it doesn't do to bad at freeway speeds. Gets good gas millage for in town use.

Smart has performed well.

by from Huntington Beach, CA on March 16, 2017

Have owned this car for 7 years and put 100K+ on it and have been impressed with it's reliability. I drive a lot, so its 37MPG on average is good for high mileage drivers who want a small form factor for parking, etc. Transmission is rough but using the paddle shifters tends to smooth this out considerably. Servicing the car is easy if you are a DIY'er. Overall cost of ownership is pretty low. Not very peppy, but good enough.

Surprisingly fun to drive.

by from Seattle, WA on June 22, 2016

Zips around corners like a go-cart. Engine is economical but the steering and breaking are sporty and fun. Fit & finish seem excellent for a car of this size and price. Well done Mercedes Benz.

2009 Smart Pure Two 4 Two Coupe

by from Los Angeles, CA on February 25, 2016

I owned a 2009 Smart Two4Two Cabrole Convertible. I was damaged in an El Nino Storm anc could not be repaired. I replaced it with a coupe and it has the same qualities as my previous car, but without all the "bells" and "whistles" of my former car. It is the true economy car for the money. It is the safest car I have ever driven and the gas mileage beats any vehicle on the road.

Fun, reliable, change agent, small footprint

by from Dallas, TX on July 13, 2014

I bought this after my 2005 Prius was totaled. I love that it has huge safety ratings, it is fun to drive, I drive into the office two or three days a week and travel 60 plus miles each way. I love it's mileage although not as much as the Prius, driving in manual mode it is so close.....it only holds 8.7 and the Prius held 11.....so it is very close....my husband does the maintenance based on Mercedes recommendation. You can change out the panels for under $1000, and just about everything is green.

RED

by from NASHVILLE,TN on May 13, 2014

I HAVE THE 2009 SMART FORTWO, RED, & THE CLEARCOAT WAS GOING BAD, HAD TO HAVE CAR PAINTED, I THINK THE RED CARS HAVE A PAINT CLEARCOAT DEFECT, THEY REMOVED THE PANELS & PAINT JUST THE RED PANELS, $1200 CASH. SHOULD BE A RECALL ON THE RED CARS

50mpg, more looks than a Ferrari, go-cart handling

by from Annapolis, MD on September 17, 2013

Can't go wrong with this car if you want a super fun, economical, great looking, great handling, easy to drive and park anywhere, attention getter. Always a conversation piece. The 2009 Smart Four Two, Brabus Edition, Cabriolet has got to be one of the most under rated vehicles on the road today. Designed and built by Mercedes, it is extremely safe and always brings a smile and laughs wherever you go. We purchased the car from Manhattan Land-Rover, Jaguar of Bethesda, MD. Their customer service and friendliness was icing on the cake. The entire experience was nothing short of excellent.

Good little Car

by from New Port Richey, Fl. on August 17, 2013

Good handling car. lacks luggace space. Rides a little rough Has a lot of safety features but still is small and if you have an accident, you are going to come out on the short end. Not many garages can work on it, must betaken to Mercedes dealer. It does have a lot of visability to see all around you. I wish I was able to talk to previous owner to know its history and maintenance record

Our Expert Review: 2009 Smart Fortwo