2017 smart ForTwo consumer reviews

$14,650 starting MSRP
side view of 2017 ForTwo smart
Explore the 2017 ForTwo smart
Shop the 2017 ForTwo smart

A unique and remarkable little car

This car sure met our needs and best of all, is the gas consumption @ 55 mpg highway. Its also Mercedes Benz quality and very quick.

4.1

Two people "get around " car it is AWESOME

A very comfortable car for my all around purposes. 90% of the time, I am the only one in it. Easy to handle, a dream to park, economical to run and a good vehicle for long hauls. I travel between Orlando and Chicago at least three times a year. It easy to get in and out of, always has been reliable.

4.4

Fantastic little bee

So far 26000 miles and its only a year. Love this car, fast, cute and nimble. Not to comfortable on long drives but for commuting to work etc its fantastic.

ifun, affordable fun transportation

If u only need space for 2, this is the car for you. I am a car enthusiast and use this for my daily beater. The car is more car than most give it credit for and is fun to drive as an enthusiast. It handles and is capable at freeway speed. Unfortunately there won't be anymore of the gas powered cars here in the US. I don't know that I will replace this when the lease expires with the electric. I hope that Mercedes reconsiders and brings back the gas powered version.

3.3

smart battery a disappointment

The new 2017 has many new features over my 2016 but the battery performance is so poor that it is hardly useable by me. Officially the model has a range of 58 miles in contrast with 68 miles for the 2016, but actually it only charges to 51 miles and will suddenly drop to 37 miles if the heat goes on. I never had that with my 2016. The manufacturer reports that the car is performing exactly as designed. I am stuck with it for the three years of my lease, but I do not recommend anyone else buy one unless they are able to deal with a maximum of 37 miles of range as a guarantee....perhaps if you live on the island of Martha?s Vineyard.

The 2017 is a fun and great car to own

I drive my Smart on interstates and the city and is a great daily driver.Though it is small, it drives like a European sports car.It is a tight vehicle with a 5 star crash rating. Mercedes innovation and technology certainly show up in this car.

2.9

Towing our 2017 Smart Car MELTED Transmission

We loved our 2017 Smart Car ?? until the transmission melted. Now it?s a matter of ?he said, she said.? We have towed it previously with no problems. My husband has the dealers Sheet that gives the exact instructions for towing and always follows it to the letter. This last tow resulted in the transmission melting. This has taken the dealer almost three (3)months to repair it and they now want over $8,000. The dealer claims it was our fault and we know we did everything right. How can this be?

Very good on gas

Great car very easy on gas easy to park easy on the eyes It's is just a very nice car all my friend love my car and want one.there is not a lot of room for stuff when you go shopping but it's so easy on gas you can just go back

I don't like it, i love it

I had a 2013 smart fortwo that I traded in. The 2017 is a lot nicer, the duel clutch transmission is so much better than the old one. The ride is smoother, and I just the way it looks. I also see a lot of heads turning as they bypass me. This is just the easiest car to park, I just love it!!!

Much improved compared to my previous Smart

The shifting is much better, the economy is great, a very comfortable ride, and has much better acceleration than my 2012 Smart