2003 Aerio

2003 Suzuki Aerio

$440 - $4,856  MSRP Range
2003 Suzuki Aerio

3.5

Have You Driven the 2003 Suzuki Aerio?

Loved My Little Aerio!

by missmyaerio from Byesville, OH on Thu Jan 28 2010

I purchased my 2003 Aerio in spring 2004 and drove it until January 2010 when it was completely crushed and totalled by a semi truck. Before my car was "killed" I never had any issues! When I bought the car it only had 30,000 miles on it and had around 250,000 when it "died". I was ROUGH on this car and really didn't take as good of care of it as I should have but it never gave me any issues as a result. This car is 100% reliable and I would reccomend it to anyone. It is a steal for the money! I'm now looking for a Suzuki SX4 to replace my Aerio because it is suppose to be its replacement or upgrade.

CUTE CAR FOR GREAT PRICE!

by Cookie from Cincinnati, OH on Wed Jul 08 2009

This car is Great fun. This is my First car and I'm in love with it! I get Great gas mileage and a smooth drive. The Car has a Great sound system. I read the reviews on here and was scared to buy it but I love it and glad I went and got it! For the Money it is a great Car! perfect for any first car!

Mostly Love It

by Aerio Dad from Minneapolis, MN on Tue Jun 28 2011

I've had my Aerio for 117,000 miles. Other than routine maintenance, I've never had to do anything to this car. I was even rear-ended on the freeway a couple years ago, totaling an expensive Mazda, and I had only minor cosmetic damage. The car has good power, wonderful visibility and interior space and lots of nice features. The only two things I don't like much would be handling in the wind (high roof, lightweight car, narrow body) and the black interior. But I've taken this car literally all over the country in all different seasons. This car has taken a real beating at my hands. And it has behaved so well I'm finally going to go invest about $1K in a new exhaust system because I think the old girl is actually worth the investment. Everything else is still running great. A very durable little car...

Good Car

by Ramon from Florida on Sat May 02 2009

I've been driving this car for 5 years, Car could be noise at times, don?t handle wind very well, too low to the ground. But to me that's not as important as the low maintenance, roomy inside, good gas mileage, and reliability excellent, AC is great. I love my Suzuki.

Amazing car

by Indiana Jones from Indianapolis IN on Thu Aug 14 2014

After test-driving a slew of "competitors", which all disappointed me, I purchased my yellow Aerio SX in July 2002. Twelve years later I still enjoy driving this very-well-designed versatile vehicle. It's driven through every Indiana season (-20 this past winter, 105 two summers ago), across the Appalachian Mountains, down to New Orleans, around Chicago. Easy to drive & park, great steering, great road-feel, great visibility, peppy, easy to get in-and-out-of, lots of passenger room (high headroom!), comfortable seats (most cars' seats give me back-aches, but not my Aerio), excellent AC and heating, tons of storage (my lawn-mower fits in the SX, without folding the handle). I love the giant speedometer numbers (only car where I don't need to take my mind off the road to know what speed I'm going). A few laments: no sun-roof, and hard to find tires (but they are find-able). My wife later purchased a Subaru Forester, which is NOT as good as my Aerio in several ways (but the Forester does have heated seats and AWD). Even this past summer, strangers have come to me and asked "How do you like your new Honda Fit"?, and they're dumbfounded when I tell them it's a 12-year-old Suzuki Aerio SX, which they've never heard of.

Budget Goodness

by zombienaut67 from Kansas City, Mo. on Sun Jan 11 2009

I bought this car new, with a manual transmission, a/c, power windows,cruise and fog lights it was very affordable. Agile at low speeds, it was comfortable on my daily 100 mile commute[I bought the extended center arm rest]and was easy on gas. I did not have any problem with it during my 60K miles of ownership.

First New car I bought, No Problems, Great Car

by dewlover69 from Pulaski, WI on Wed Aug 29 2007

This was the first new car I ever purchased. I test drove many other car first. I am a loyal Ford person, but didn't like the Focus, it didn't handle as nicely and have as many features for the same money. I also test drove the Chevy Vibe and felt like I was riding in a box, and I could hear the engine sounds, very rough ride. I test drove the Areo SX a few times like the other cars and I was comfortable in it, it had all the features I was looking for at a reasonable price. I have owned it for 5 years without a problem, I only wished it got better gas mileage. I only have to do regular maintances and purchase new tires. I have told other people to purchase Suzuki. Thanks for a great car at a great price.

Best tiny car ever

by Brie from on Tue May 05 2009

This car is too wonderful to describe!! You can go try it and tell me why is so awesome!! I love my car!!

Aerio review

by Dgminner from Port Saint Lucie on Sat Apr 22 2017

I currently own this vehicle. If they still made them, I would purchase another. I have had very few problems with this vehicle.

Four wheeled sportbike

by The Ocelot from Lancaster, PA on Wed Aug 02 2006

Love this car!!! Test drove and researched just about everything is this price class, (Ford Focus, Mazda Protege, Honda Civic) and the Aerio was just too much of a value to pass up. The 2003 has 141hp and moves plenty fast even with A/C on. Six disk cd changer sounds great and the SX has tons of room. Only gripes are original tires were inadequate and lack of aftermarket parts for upgrade. Looking at 2006 Aerio SX w/155hp and 155 torque!

1 2

Our Take on the 2003 Suzuki Aerio

A Quick Ray of Sunshine
2003 Suzuki Aerio SX

It came in the midst of a reluctant spring, when the calendar said fair weather but the gray day and slow rain said something else.

It was a racy red 2003 Suzuki Aerio SX, a small station wagon with an SUV's swagger and a sports car's soul. That explains the SX part of the Aerio wagon's name. It means "sport crossover."

There were other test vehicles in the driveway -- a desert-gold Chrysler Pacifica of mixed identity -- part minivan, part wagon, part SUV -- and a totally plush Toyota Sienna minivan of similar hue.

There also was the black-on-black Jaguar XK-R convertible I had driven a few days earlier before spring turned fickle... Read More