2009 Equator

2009 Suzuki Equator

2009 Suzuki Equator

5 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have You Driven the 2009 Suzuki Equator?

All the truck most really need

by Multi-tasker from Trenton, Tn on Thu Apr 05 2012

Got 2009 Crew Cab new, now has 64665 miles. Had full size 4 x 4 in past. Needed better mileage but still have hauling capability. This truck fits me. 22-25mpg with reasonably smooth ride and motor is strong performer. I mostly stay on-road and don't miss the 4 x 4 feature. Only negative to me is that doors will self-lock for no reason so am careful to keep fob in pocket! I know it is simply a re-badged Nissan Frontier but dealer made great offer--then went out of business 3 months later. Have not needed a dealer so far anyway--guess will go to Nissan when do. Also like the navigation pop-up on top dash! Hope to drive many more trouble-free miles!

Pleasant Surprise

by Pickup Commuter from Palm Beach, Florida on Wed Jun 13 2012

Had an old 95 Dodge pickup before this so driving the 2009 Equator Extend is like stepping into the 21st century. I have the 4 cyl which I need for gas eco since I have a long commute and I don't tow but, I do need the bed which has factory sprayed liner. Perfect combo for me. Also have the 16" alloy rims which give the truck a wide stance. Interior same as Frontier seems durable and car-like. Truck is TALL. Nice, firm ride, feels very stable even at highway speeds. Equator styling gets compliments. Highly recommend.

Excellent size for the city

by City driver in Atlanta from Atlanta, GA on Tue May 19 2015

I have an Extended Cab Suzuki Equator. I have owned it well over four years now and have had zero problems. The truck is very solid going over bumps with no squeaks or rattles. The visibility of this truck is very good too. I have the 2.5L four cylinder with an automatic transmission. I regularly get 20-21 mpg driving around the city. I routinely take road trips to Texas and have averaged 25-26 mpg. Since it has a 21 gallon gas tank I have on occasion gone over 500 miles on a tank of gas. The smaller engine gets around town just fine but in hilly terrain this truck struggles. The interior is pretty basic with hard plastics, but it is durable. I would definitely buy another Equator or Nissan Frontier again.

Our Take on the 2009 Suzuki Equator

The 2009 Suzuki Equator is a simple-looking compact pickup truck. There aren't a lot of buttons, gadgets or thingamajigs. My test Equator was equipped with the RMZ-4 offroad package, but the truck was all about the basics. I'm on the fence as to whether I adore basic. A five-carat princess-cut diamond solitaire ring is basic and classy with its clean lines and simple elegance, but there's another kind of basic that might remind you more of the ring your kids pull out of a Cracker Jack box. See what I'm sayin'? The question is, where does the Suzuki Equator fall on that scale?

As a solid four-wheel-drive pickup with plenty of room, great visibility and a fairly comfortable ride, the compact Suzuki Equator... Read More