2000 Suzuki Esteem Consumer Reviews

2000 Suzuki Esteem
Average based on 5 reviews

great first car

by from Venezuela on January 8, 2009

This is my first car and I've owned for 9 years now. PROS: very intuitive mechanics, well-done parts, almost free-mainteinance, powered features like mirrors, locks, etc. The engine is very reliable and the mileage is great. I like very much the exterior of my car, i think the design hasn't aged a bit compared with other cars. CONS: Safety, luggage space, cluth system. OTHER THOUGHTS: You can hear a lot of engine noise while driving.Mine is 1.6 but with the features of the 1.8 glx. Is chevrolet-branded (latin-america) I guess thats the reason for the security issues (no airbags at all)

Cheap But Reliable

by from Kingsland Texas on February 11, 2007

Only problem I have is getting used parts and the fact that the manual door handles (outside) break after use and my (all three) brake lights' (tied together on wiring not hefty enough to carry all three the mechanic said) wiring burnt and went out and they had to take apart inside around door to track and fix. There was a recall on a brake switch on the 2000 that can't be accessed w/o pulling and dumping fuel tank to repair. (But it only cost me an expensive full tank of gas, so guess I shouldn't gripe.)

great car for the money!!

by from charleston,wv on July 29, 2013

this is the best car for the money i have ever had!! great on fuel, easy to service. it needs the odd bit now and then but what car doesn't i plan to keep this one for a long time!

290,000 MILES & RUNS LIKE NEW

by from Rouge River, Mi. on August 19, 2013

I am a professional DJ and needed a vehicle with lots of storage space for my equipment. I also do alot of driving to my gigs. The car has 290,000 miles and runs like new. Sure it burns a quart of oil in between oil changes, but that is something I can live with. The gas mileage is always in the mid 30's. Simply the best car I have ever owned.

350K miles and it still gets 35 MPG!!!

by from Monroe, Michigan on August 18, 2013

Bought Suzuki Esteem Wagon with the 1.8L 5 speed. This car has been a Panzer Tank. Plenty of room for kids & cargo. My next vehicle will have a tough act to follow.