2005 Forenza

2005 Suzuki Forenza

2005 Suzuki Forenza

3.2

3 out of 5 stars Performance

Have You Driven the 2005 Suzuki Forenza?

Nice for the Price.

by mikekar from Miami, FL on Mon Sep 20 2010

Starts and runs great just like a toyota. Initially handling felt cheap, slips rather than grips around corners, however you will get used to it. 1st major repair was a power steering pump that failed on me. At first it made a resonating sound leading me to believe an exhaust or exhanust gasket problem. Before I could react ( on the same ride home) the noise got loader and within seconds the their was a light thump (the fluid bursting from the vehicle) and then the power steering pulley overheated and separated taking the serpentine belt with it. After I called and discoverd this was not covered with under the 100K warranty I attempted the repair myself. Repair was not bad. Took half a day. Very tight area to work in so be patient. Also with small car you need to work both above and below the vehicle and remove the wheel well splash gaurd for access. The serpentine belt is extremely tight fit and difficult to put back on. It is either a 2-man job or you will need a special tool. In order to perform repairs you need to now your way around an engine because no repair mannual can be found for this vehicle neither online nor in the autoshops. Fortunately I have perfromed a complete teardown and repair of an engine once before. Only conplaint is that engine performance and efficiency could be better. For example, the corrolla gets about 25% better gas milage than me and best me in acceleration from a standstill. Radio, environmental control, and overall ergonomics are greaet and easy to adapt to. Turning on AC is like opening the freezer and standing in front of it, ice cold. Cleaning the car is easy, both inside and out. A quick weekly scrub with a little tlc will leave the vehicle looking and smelling new. The pioneer tools for changing a tire are like a small childs toys. I once needed to swap out a flat for a spare and it took me nearly three hours. This is a big surprise becuase I could lift nearly 500 lbs in my prime and I am still a very strong guy today. It may just be that the mechanic shop overtighted the accorn nuts, however this was the first time in my life I have ever had difficulty replacing a tire so I think that sturdier tools should have been included in the spare tire kit. Routine maintenance like chaning oil, filters (air, fuel, oil), spark plugs are not particularly difficult. Just remember to have a littel extra patience with the small space you have to work with. One again for the price it is a decent, reliable, and cofortable slightly quirky ride. ()v()

best car ive ever owned

by lovable from mountain view ,ar on Fri Jan 08 2010

I bought my 2005 suzuki forenza at a used car lot it is the best car that i have ever owned it is very dependable cheap on gas easy to handle it goes really good in the snow it is really nice on the inside and the outside they are a nice car for a couple or a family i would recommend this car to anyone that i know i love my car i will not get rid of it for any thing

great car

by My car enthusiast from WI on Sat Apr 28 2012

Purchased used 2005 Forenza with low milage. Comfortable nice looking car, handles well easy enough to park, love the sun roof and the radio controls on steering wheel. Affordable for those of us on a budget yet it is a car one feels proud to drive. Had expected the milage to be a little better as the sales person had given me a higher number than I am getting which averages about 25 mpg which I can live with. Overall I am so very happy with this car as it has so many features that you wouldn't expect to find in a lower priced vehicle. I would certainly recommend this car to anyone looking for quality and comfort at an affordable price.

Two Breakdowns too many

by W T Johnson from Mississippi on Mon Feb 19 2007

I purchased a new 2005 Suzuki Forenza Wagon . It broke down at 3000 miles. Something in the transmission. 12,000 miles later I was broken down again! This time I had to have a whole new transmission. If you own this car you are going to NEED the 7 yr 100,000 power train warranty! Our kids say they cannot see out the windows when sitting in the backseat. They are 7 and 10. Dissatisfied customer

Does not recommend this car!!

Good Car... Good Price

by poohmom from Redmond, OR on Sun Feb 15 2009

I have owned my Forenza for almost 2 years now. When looking for a used car I was sure that I was going to get a Toyota or a Honda and I told the sales guy that. Well he showed me the Toyota's and the Honda's on his lot and then he insisted that I just drive the Suzuki. He said this was the car with the options I wanted, the price I wanted and it still was under factor warranty and it is a great car. Well I drove it and I really liked it. I was still skeptical but I figured I couldn't go wrong with a factor waranty. I did have to have some minor warranty work done but the auto dealer even gave me a loaner car for the day so it was no big deal... didn't cost me a thing. However, I do have issues with it not registering that the gear shifter is in park... resulting in the car not wanting to start. But I just giggle it around and it works. Oh and I only get about 25 mpg which is mostly highway. Hmmmm. The dealer said I would get at least 30.

Good balance of design and cost

by Car Driver from MD on Sun Mar 30 2008

We bought this car new and other than one trip to the shop within the first 3 months to correct some minor items, the car has always been on the road. It's very confortable and has a bunch of little storage bins hidden all over to hold all the normal trunk stuff yet still keep it out of site. My wife likes the steering wheel mounted radio controls and almost always has the sunroof at least partially opened. Very good and reliable car.

This is our 4th Suzuki car

by T-force from Iowa on Fri Aug 22 2008

Our two Esteem wagons, an Aerio SX, and a Forenza Wagon have all been low cost reliable cars. If you buy a new Suzuki the depreciation is high so you will want to keep it longer. If you buy a used Suzuki you get the transferable power train warranty plus you benefit from the depreciation hit the first owner already took. Suzuki's have to be one of the best used car buys out there today.

suzuki forenza 2005

by paul from Atlanta ga on Fri Dec 02 2011

Good car,very few problems,much cheaper than comparable,gets good mileage and styling is decent,would buy another without hesitation

Nice Package 2005 Forenza Wagon

by Highway Traveler from Daytona Bch, FL on Thu Jun 04 2009

Was looking for Toyota when i bought this car.Once i drove it i was hooked.Great solid handling,comfortable,good performance (manual) and great on gas.I drive 1 hour 15 minutes to work daily,2 and a half hours round trip,this car has just been outstanding.Great quality for such a low price.

Reliable & Stylish But Could Use Better Quality!!!

by Money Maker from North Carolina on Thu Dec 20 2007

The Suzuki Forenza is a nice dependable car to have with an roomy interior and stylish interior and exterior but with a somewhat slow performance but its decent. Sometime there's a question to the quality when taken to the dealer there's something needing alignment under warranty but nothing major. If you ever bought one I wouldn't get a 2004 they had some issues but 2005's and up are pretty dependable and decent. Although I know GM Daewoo made this vehicle it's not that bad but if you're on a budget and want something dependable and full of features I recommend this car it's pretty a pretty good car for a bargain.

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2005 Suzuki Forenza

When it comes to name brands, whether it's fashion, food or cars, somehow the less popular get lost in translation. I admit I didn't even consider Suzuki when I purchased a new vehicle a few years ago - the name just didn't come to mind. I certainly considered foreign cars but I have to admit when it comes to name-brand foreign cars, I think Honda first.

Perhaps the 2005 Suzuki Forenza Wagon isn't as trendy or hip as other more recognizable vehicles, but there's a lot this economical wagon has to offer. When I say economical, I mean this one won't break the bank! It has a "kind of cute" look and a sleek design. The interior is comfortable and simplistic (but not in a boring sense). With a few homey... Read More