2006 Suzuki Forenza

Great Little Car!

by from Grapevine, TX on May 1, 2017

Economical good gas mileage; great price and low mileage for 2006 in Texas! Car looks good and clean!

Very reliable car for the being a 2006

by from Arlington, Texas on April 28, 2017

Just glad to have a safe and reliable website to review affordable cars. I am searching for vehicles under 2000.

Average

by from Buffalo, NY on April 24, 2017

The car was average in almost all the aspects compared with price. The interior was not clean enough. Didn't find it to be very reliable car.

06 Forenza Experience

by from Mississippi on September 10, 2013

1. My mom owned a car like this and it lasted up until 188K and stopped running because of a broken timing belt, so I decided to purchase one. 2. My Forenza has 108K and the transmission range sensor has started to fail but overall the car is great. Its not as reliable as a Civic or Coralla, but it gets the job done.The acceleration is poor, but that is my only complaint. This car was not made for heavy use in my opinion but I plan to get at least 200K out of mine.

Dependable, but with some issues

by from Indiana on July 3, 2013

I bought this car new in 06. It now has just under 75000 mi on it. The price I paid was extremely cheap, it is great on gas, and dependable. Mechanically there have not been a lot of issues. However, mine is an automatic and the transmission shift sensor has gone out twice! Once 2 years ago and I just had it replaced again. At $300 bucks a pop and only 75000 mi on the car, I find this to be an unacceptable expense. As others have said, past about 55-60mph the car starts to shake and is noisy. It also doesn't have much power at all. I know it is only a 2L, but I shouldn't have to turn my AC off to have enough power to accelerate onto the freeway. As far as durability goes, it leaves a lot to be desired. The body is easily damaged and the paint job is AWFUL! Within the first year, the paint began chipping off of the door handles. At this point there is no paint left on the door handles. Even the back doors, which are rarely used. A couple of years ago when my area got hit by a hail storm, the car was left covered in dents. It received much more damage than the neighbors. I think this had more to do with vehicle construction/materials, rather than luck. Oh, the cup holders! I HATE the cup holders in this car. I don't know if it is their placement, size, depth, etc, but whatever it is, they are poorly designed. Any shape/size of cup I try to put in it will tip over when I take off or brake. I've resorted to using leak proof bottles and thermoses. If I had to do it over again, given my circumstances when I bought the car, I would buy this car again. It has been a reliable form of transportation for the most part. Even with the transmission problem, it can be put into 3rd and driven with no problems. It gets me from point a to point b with great gas mileage and was cheap enough I can't really complain too much about the few minor problems. Just don't expect anything but basic amenities (even cruise control is not standard) or high performance.

Great Value & Extremely reliable

by from Dallas, TX on April 11, 2011

Bought this car new back in 2006 have 65,000 miles on it so far and not a lick of problems with it whatsoever. Starts first time everytime. The radio/cd sound /quality is really good. You can turn it up and it stays crisp and clear. We have gotten lots of comments on the car from passengers who have ridden in it. Most can't get over the comfortable seats and the pretty smooth ride. The interior is very quiet for a small car. Passes with ease without hesitating. The transmission shifts flawlessly. The paint and finish still looks as good as the day we bought it. Very impressed overall and would definitely buy it again. The gas mileage is impressive we have gotten 35 + mpgs cruising on the highway. Get around 30 + mpg in mixed driving. The trunk space is really great. The only thing I would change is that I wish the front cup holders were a little larger. Other then that this is defintely worth the money spent on it.

suzuki forenza

by from on January 18, 2011

Since I have purchase this car I have been having problem and still are. I really do not recommend this car to anybody.

Pay cheap money & get a cheap CAR!!

by from New York, NY on July 8, 2009

This is one noisey car! It shakes, vibrates, & hums. The car doesn't start if you don't drive it for a few days as well. Imagine coming back from vacation, jumping in your car to head home, & it's dead. I changed the battery which helped.So now it will start after a few hours but, it still won't start after days. The brakes sometimes go on this car. I have come to a stop on several occassions and the brakes went out on me completely. This car is a magnet for abuse! The bumper is easily damaged & if you look around at other Forenza's in NYC you will notice that the bumpers all look bad. This car has depreciated so much that it's not even worth half of what I paid for it. Buyer beware!

Great car at an even better price!

by from South Carolina on June 7, 2009

My '06 Forenza Sedan may have been cheap, but so far it is equal to my wife's '06 Honda Civic. I highly recommend this car to anyone who wants a reliable, good-looking, gas-saver for a low price.

Loved It

by from Pensacola, FL on December 17, 2008

Ibought an 06 back in May and absolutely loved this car. 'very reliable. I did total it though when this jerk pulled out in front of me. It really did it's job. My car was ruined but all I walked away with is a broken hand and some bumps and bruises. This car saved my life.

Our Expert Review: 2006 Suzuki Forenza