2006 Suzuki Forenza Consumer Reviews

3.6
Average based on 17 reviews

I love my Forenza 2006 Prem

by from Denver, Colorado on March 23, 2008

I never considered buying a Suzuki before I bought my premium package 2006 Forenza. I needed a car to replace my 1998 Chevy Malibu. I wanted something smaller, safe, comfortable, and with the same features as my Malibu(ABS, cruse control, auto windows, auto locks, and key less entry) and this car had it all. I looked at many used cars but for my price range nothing was even remotely comparable to my Malibu's features. After going to most dealerships in town I figured I might as well stop at the Suzuki dealership when driving by before heading out of town with a parents borrowed car, thank God I did cause I found just what I was looking for! I have had my car for almost two years now and I still love it. I don't have any complaints. I love the design inside and out, all the features especially the stereo controls and cruse control on the steering wheel. I don't know what the previous reviewers were comparing the Forenza's performance and quality to because for the price and all the options/ features it is awesome. I have never had a problem with the car not starting even in weather at 20 below. The wind noise is not bad at all even driving down the HWY at 80mpg with 50-60mph winds. Its a great little car, I love my Suzuki Forenza!

Like it so much we're getting 2!

by from Vicksburg, Mississippi on April 13, 2008

Bought 06 for my son. I was pleasantly surprised. It is comfortable, rides well, handles well, many standard features. Cranks everytime we've gotten in. I sold my 3000GT and have been looking for a replacement for some time. Nothing has caught my eye (3000Gt was my baby). In the meantime, I've been driving my sons Forenza. It's not a sports car by no means but it has exceeded my expectations on everything, so much so, that I will be buying one myself. Great value for the money. Good fuel mileage.

A Very Reliable car

by from Mississippi,Ms on July 22, 2008

This car is great i love the inside and the horsepower also.The 127 horsepower is great for a 4cylinder the usaully have 100 horsepower.My gas mileage is great I went from A grand cherokee.

Not an early morning car

by from Pensacola, FL on July 13, 2007

This car is more irritable than I am in the mornings! It is a 2007 with 2k miles and every morning it doesn't want to start. Actually, it doesn't want to start at all if it has sat for more than 3-4 hours. Naturally, the dealership can't find anything wrong. Usually, it just sputters after first starting it, but today there was nothing! The dash lights came on, but there was no ignition. The motor would not spin over. It was as if the battery had been completely disconnected. It is going back to the dealership again for third time in two months. It is amazing that my 1996 Accord (160K miles) starts every time, but the brand new Forenza won't. To make things worse, the trade value dropped to just over $8K. So, we have to keep it for awhile. It is a good thing it has an awesome warranty, because I have a feeling it is going to get used quite frequently. Our Toyota is greatly missed. We are glad that we have the very reliable Honda as a back up car, since the very unreliable Forenza is going to be in and out of the shop.

A lot of car for the money

by from Miami, FL on June 14, 2006

We've had the car for several months now and it replaced our Toyota Corolla. Because we have the wagon, it has more utility for do-it-yourself projects, dogs, and bikes (on top). It actually drives almost as nimbly as my BMW 325i, which is saying something. Better gas mileage than an SUV and almost as much utility. We put a log of mileage on the car (about 500 miles per week) and it seems to hold up to work quite well.

Dependable, but with some issues

by from Indiana on July 3, 2013

I bought this car new in 06. It now has just under 75000 mi on it. The price I paid was extremely cheap, it is great on gas, and dependable. Mechanically there have not been a lot of issues. However, mine is an automatic and the transmission shift sensor has gone out twice! Once 2 years ago and I just had it replaced again. At $300 bucks a pop and only 75000 mi on the car, I find this to be an unacceptable expense. As others have said, past about 55-60mph the car starts to shake and is noisy. It also doesn't have much power at all. I know it is only a 2L, but I shouldn't have to turn my AC off to have enough power to accelerate onto the freeway. As far as durability goes, it leaves a lot to be desired. The body is easily damaged and the paint job is AWFUL! Within the first year, the paint began chipping off of the door handles. At this point there is no paint left on the door handles. Even the back doors, which are rarely used. A couple of years ago when my area got hit by a hail storm, the car was left covered in dents. It received much more damage than the neighbors. I think this had more to do with vehicle construction/materials, rather than luck. Oh, the cup holders! I HATE the cup holders in this car. I don't know if it is their placement, size, depth, etc, but whatever it is, they are poorly designed. Any shape/size of cup I try to put in it will tip over when I take off or brake. I've resorted to using leak proof bottles and thermoses. If I had to do it over again, given my circumstances when I bought the car, I would buy this car again. It has been a reliable form of transportation for the most part. Even with the transmission problem, it can be put into 3rd and driven with no problems. It gets me from point a to point b with great gas mileage and was cheap enough I can't really complain too much about the few minor problems. Just don't expect anything but basic amenities (even cruise control is not standard) or high performance.

forenza s

by from kansas city on May 23, 2006

i have had the car for 6 mouths and have just love the car i like all the standerd features especailly the heated merriors. i also like the long warrenty

06 Forenza Experience

by from Mississippi on September 10, 2013

1. My mom owned a car like this and it lasted up until 188K and stopped running because of a broken timing belt, so I decided to purchase one. 2. My Forenza has 108K and the transmission range sensor has started to fail but overall the car is great. Its not as reliable as a Civic or Coralla, but it gets the job done.The acceleration is poor, but that is my only complaint. This car was not made for heavy use in my opinion but I plan to get at least 200K out of mine.

Great Value & Extremely reliable

by from Dallas, TX on April 11, 2011

Bought this car new back in 2006 have 65,000 miles on it so far and not a lick of problems with it whatsoever. Starts first time everytime. The radio/cd sound /quality is really good. You can turn it up and it stays crisp and clear. We have gotten lots of comments on the car from passengers who have ridden in it. Most can't get over the comfortable seats and the pretty smooth ride. The interior is very quiet for a small car. Passes with ease without hesitating. The transmission shifts flawlessly. The paint and finish still looks as good as the day we bought it. Very impressed overall and would definitely buy it again. The gas mileage is impressive we have gotten 35 + mpgs cruising on the highway. Get around 30 + mpg in mixed driving. The trunk space is really great. The only thing I would change is that I wish the front cup holders were a little larger. Other then that this is defintely worth the money spent on it.

Great car at an even better price!

by from South Carolina on June 7, 2009

My '06 Forenza Sedan may have been cheap, but so far it is equal to my wife's '06 Honda Civic. I highly recommend this car to anyone who wants a reliable, good-looking, gas-saver for a low price.