2006 Forenza

$854 - $5,674  MSRP Range
2006 Suzuki Forenza

3.7

4 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have You Driven the 2006 Suzuki Forenza?

A Very Reliable car

by My Suzuki from Mississippi,Ms on Tue Jul 22 2008

This car is great i love the inside and the horsepower also.The 127 horsepower is great for a 4cylinder the usaully have 100 horsepower.My gas mileage is great I went from A grand cherokee.

Like it so much we're getting 2!

by Wish they made 2008 3000GT from Vicksburg, Mississippi on Sun Apr 13 2008

Bought 06 for my son. I was pleasantly surprised. It is comfortable, rides well, handles well, many standard features. Cranks everytime we've gotten in. I sold my 3000GT and have been looking for a replacement for some time. Nothing has caught my eye (3000Gt was my baby). In the meantime, I've been driving my sons Forenza. It's not a sports car by no means but it has exceeded my expectations on everything, so much so, that I will be buying one myself. Great value for the money. Good fuel mileage.

A lot of car for the money

by Sports enthusiast. from Miami, FL on Wed Jun 14 2006

We've had the car for several months now and it replaced our Toyota Corolla. Because we have the wagon, it has more utility for do-it-yourself projects, dogs, and bikes (on top). It actually drives almost as nimbly as my BMW 325i, which is saying something. Better gas mileage than an SUV and almost as much utility. We put a log of mileage on the car (about 500 miles per week) and it seems to hold up to work quite well.

forenza s

by 3rd new car from kansas city on Tue May 23 2006

i have had the car for 6 mouths and have just love the car i like all the standerd features especailly the heated merriors. i also like the long warrenty

very reliable car I have driven.Good commuter

by Kelas from Seattle WA on Sun Aug 26 2018

This car met all my needs, Has plenty of leg rooms forward & aft .Smoot, reliable driving . Very competitive car. We did several interstate trips and it was nice comfortable driving. Car is in very good condition.

Dependable, but with some issues

by Suzuki owner from Indiana on Wed Jul 03 2013

I bought this car new in 06. It now has just under 75000 mi on it. The price I paid was extremely cheap, it is great on gas, and dependable. Mechanically there have not been a lot of issues. However, mine is an automatic and the transmission shift sensor has gone out twice! Once 2 years ago and I just had it replaced again. At $300 bucks a pop and only 75000 mi on the car, I find this to be an unacceptable expense. As others have said, past about 55-60mph the car starts to shake and is noisy. It also doesn't have much power at all. I know it is only a 2L, but I shouldn't have to turn my AC off to have enough power to accelerate onto the freeway. As far as durability goes, it leaves a lot to be desired. The body is easily damaged and the paint job is AWFUL! Within the first year, the paint began chipping off of the door handles. At this point there is no paint left on the door handles. Even the back doors, which are rarely used. A couple of years ago when my area got hit by a hail storm, the car was left covered in dents. It received much more damage than the neighbors. I think this had more to do with vehicle construction/materials, rather than luck. Oh, the cup holders! I HATE the cup holders in this car. I don't know if it is their placement, size, depth, etc, but whatever it is, they are poorly designed. Any shape/size of cup I try to put in it will tip over when I take off or brake. I've resorted to using leak proof bottles and thermoses. If I had to do it over again, given my circumstances when I bought the car, I would buy this car again. It has been a reliable form of transportation for the most part. Even with the transmission problem, it can be put into 3rd and driven with no problems. It gets me from point a to point b with great gas mileage and was cheap enough I can't really complain too much about the few minor problems. Just don't expect anything but basic amenities (even cruise control is not standard) or high performance.

Great car at an even better price!

by Fo' Renza from South Carolina on Sun Jun 07 2009

My '06 Forenza Sedan may have been cheap, but so far it is equal to my wife's '06 Honda Civic. I highly recommend this car to anyone who wants a reliable, good-looking, gas-saver for a low price.

Loved It

by ParkerP from Pensacola, FL on Wed Dec 17 2008

Ibought an 06 back in May and absolutely loved this car. 'very reliable. I did total it though when this jerk pulled out in front of me. It really did it's job. My car was ruined but all I walked away with is a broken hand and some bumps and bruises. This car saved my life.

I love my Forenza 2006 Prem

by college grad from Denver, Colorado on Sun Mar 23 2008

I never considered buying a Suzuki before I bought my premium package 2006 Forenza. I needed a car to replace my 1998 Chevy Malibu. I wanted something smaller, safe, comfortable, and with the same features as my Malibu(ABS, cruse control, auto windows, auto locks, and key less entry) and this car had it all. I looked at many used cars but for my price range nothing was even remotely comparable to my Malibu's features. After going to most dealerships in town I figured I might as well stop at the Suzuki dealership when driving by before heading out of town with a parents borrowed car, thank God I did cause I found just what I was looking for! I have had my car for almost two years now and I still love it. I don't have any complaints. I love the design inside and out, all the features especially the stereo controls and cruse control on the steering wheel. I don't know what the previous reviewers were comparing the Forenza's performance and quality to because for the price and all the options/ features it is awesome. I have never had a problem with the car not starting even in weather at 20 below. The wind noise is not bad at all even driving down the HWY at 80mpg with 50-60mph winds. Its a great little car, I love my Suzuki Forenza!

06 Forenza Experience

by Forenza owner from Mississippi on Tue Sep 10 2013

1. My mom owned a car like this and it lasted up until 188K and stopped running because of a broken timing belt, so I decided to purchase one. 2. My Forenza has 108K and the transmission range sensor has started to fail but overall the car is great. Its not as reliable as a Civic or Coralla, but it gets the job done.The acceleration is poor, but that is my only complaint. This car was not made for heavy use in my opinion but I plan to get at least 200K out of mine.

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2006 Suzuki Forenza

Good fuel economy, enough room for five people, a nice-size cargo area, and an affordable price?

It's not an SUV, though -- it's perhaps the next-best thing: the 2006 Suzuki Forenza wagon.

It's one of a whole new crop of small wagons on the market that are giving consumers an alternative even to the compact SUVs such as the Ford Escape and Chevy Equinox, both of whose fuel economy with their V-6 engines isn't much better than that of midsize sport utilities.

With fuel prices climbing, small wagons are making a big comeback in the United States, so much so that most automakers now have at least one in their fleets.

The Forenza is more than just an economical family hauler to purchase, with a starting price... Read More