2001 Grand Vitara

2001 Suzuki Grand Vitara

4.4

5 out of 5 stars Value for the Money
4 out of 5 stars Interior Design

Have You Driven the 2001 Suzuki Grand Vitara?

Best SUV I've owned

by Grand Vitara Lady from Santa Rosa, CA on Tue Apr 22 2008

I love my Grand Vitara. I bought it used 5 years ago and have only had to replace the starter. It stood up great to a big pick-up truck that rearended and sideswiped me. The tires never left the highway, I never lost control. The auto body guy was very impressed and said it's built like a little tank. It's easy to get in and out and I could go on. They are great vehicles.

Good all around bad road performance

by Jungle Guy from Rivas, Nicaragua on Wed Oct 05 2011

I bought a used 2001 Gran Vatara in 2005 and had it shipped to Nicaragua where I have driven it for the past 45,000 miles. I live at the ocean and to get here one has to take bad roads frequently crossing rivers filled with mud and water. I wanted a car that was a sticky on slippery surfaces, a good performer on the horrible scrabble roads yet was a smooth highway ride. I wanted a mini-SUV that did not draw attention, was easy to manuveur in crazy city traffic, and dart in and out of truck traffic on the Pan American. It does all this well.

Uses car for Off-roading

My First Little Suv

by Suv Fanatic from Montreal, Ca on Mon Jan 08 2007

For my first suv, I have bought a suzuki grand vitara which looked interessting to me. This suv may look small from the outside, but inside is pretty roomy for the legs, except for the back seats which are comfortable but tight. The "real" 4 wheel drive system is excellent even in the toughest situations, which I have driven in with my suzuki with no problem. The reliability is fair since I had many problems with mine. The confort isnt the best in its category since the vehicule is intended for offroad use. The value for the money is the best I have seen in this category with almost no options at all. This suv also handles very well and could turn on a penny. Apart from all these negative comments I have had with my Suzuki, this vehicule has alot of potential, and for offroad fans who also spend time in urban cities, yes this is the car for you.

Excellent SUV

by Demaestro from Hyattsville on Sat Jun 11 2011

This nice compact SUV drives pretty excellent. It has all great features that I had always wanted in a car and moreover it is reliable and looks like brand new. I want to thank the dealership for their advice and excellent customer service rendered to me when choosing this car. I would definitely refer you all to this dealer.

I PREDICT an awsome ride!

by A happy camper burning the midnight hour IN MY SUV from Delano, CA on Sat May 11 2013

Just got my hands on one. Glad I did! This unbelievable little known model of a vehicle in my biased opinion (as I barely recently purcha$ed it) is to a lover of all forms of driving a car that can and will get you and your passengers there. The rest isnt your vehicles problem let alone SUZUKI's. I'm sure my driving experience will be something and I cannot express how AWSOME it will be! Its like past midnight so gotta get some sleep so like goodnight everybody!

Our Take on the 2001 Suzuki Grand Vitara

It seems there is no finite point in America's automotive tastes. The next great thing has to be bigger, faster and packed with more goodies than a 10-ton box of Cracker Jack.

That's particularly true when it comes to sport-utility vehicles, a segment in which automakers appear determined to build the Titanic on wheels.

Two imports offer an alternative to the bigger-is-better school of SUV thought.

Recent outings in the 2001 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 with four-wheel drive and the 2001 Suzuki Grand Vitara JLX Limited (also with four-wheel drive) demonstrated that the capable, smaller-than-North Dakota SUV has a future.

But if you have become spoiled by a giant, high-riding sport-ute, the... Read More