2006 Reno

4.2

5 out of 5 stars Value for the Money
4 out of 5 stars Interior Design
4 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have You Driven the 2006 Suzuki Reno?

Peppy and Comfortable

by Heizman from Kansas City, MO on Wed Jul 19 2006

I just baught my Reno recently and I love it. It is a comfortable ride and has plenty of power for highway driving. The foot petals are a little close together and every now and then my clutch foot catches on the foot rest to the left of the pedal. At 6'2" I have more than enough room for comfort and could move the seat back a notch if needed. My only complaint so far is the visibility to the rear. Back window is just OK for visiblility but to the left and right rear I have to really look before lane changes. With all of the standard features on the Reno and the pricetag of 10K on sale I couldn't go wrong. And the 100k warranty over the standard 36k warranty of the competitors sold me on the car even though it gets less MPG then the rest. I test drove the Aveo, Cobalt, Accent and Civic before deciding on the Reno. Others had better gas mileage and a little better ride but they all cost 4-6k more. Highly Recommended

With a few modifications this car is great

by Andymakuch from Bloomfield ny on Sun May 21 2017

I love how it handles the rd at higher speeds and has a lot of torque when shifting which adds up to a fun and sporty ride

Bigger on the Inside

by Char26 from Tampa, Fl on Wed Aug 16 2017

Roomy for a hatchback. I loved this car. I did have 1 problem with a sensor going out in the transmission, but it was a cheap and easy fix. My favorite part was listening to people get in and say "wow, this is bigger than I thought it would be "

Definitley my kind of thing

by The Girl Next Door from New Jersey on Thu Nov 02 2006

I'm a college student. I'm a 4h leader. I have to drive a lot of places. I love my Reno!!! It fits me perfectly. Her orange color makes me so happy (and its so easy to find in the multitude of silver and blacks in the lot) and it handles nicely. Brakes are quick to react, and its a smooth ride. It is SOOOO roomie once you get inside. I fit 2 dogs back there---a golden retriever and a german shepherd... and a baby shepherd in the front :) The only thing i really have a problem with is the acceleration... its slow, little pick up. But i love it just the same! Definitley a great, reliable car!

Our Take on the 2006 Suzuki Reno

Tracing the Suzuki Reno's family tree is an intercontinental effort. It begins with Korean car builder Daewoo, which briefly did business in the United States with its own dealerships. Daewoo went bankrupt, and those dealerships closed, then General Motors bought the Korean facilities but not the U.S. dealers.

Daewoo continued to crank out cars, and GM needed a place to sell them.

So GM tapped Chevrolet to sell the Daewoo-built Aveo as Chevy's entry-level model. And it tapped Suzuki, the Japanese company that is a GM partner, to sell two larger Daewoo models as the Suzuki Forenza and Verona. After a year under that arrangement, Suzuki began selling the Reno, which is essentially a hatchback version of... Read More