2000 Swift

4.3 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Excellent Economy

by Steve from Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada on August 18, 2007

I have the 1.3L four cylinder engine, I Purchused this car used with 40,000km on it. At about 48,000km I had issuses with the transmisson and Extended warranty wouldnt cover because the transmisson fluid wasnt changed in the specified time 50,000Km/36 Months so I would never reccomened extended warranty, But since that issue I have had no problem with this car. It is a commutor car but I use it alot on the hiway, I get on average 46 miles per gallon (Imperal). It does get a little Uncomfortable on long trips but It was the best first car I could ever have got, Like I said earlier it now has 140,000km on it and I have not had any problems since the transmision (knock on wood). I would recomend this car as an excellect first car or a car for a college student, It is cheap for tires and other parts, as well it has excellent fuel economy.

Great first car

by Obese Teen from Kansas on August 3, 2008

This was my first car i got for highschool and it was great! It handles perfect and can fit into the tiniest parking spot. FUEL MILEAGE IS FANTASTIC!! Air conditioning works great too. We bought this car with 130k miles on it and i have it to 150k now. Yes i am obese i am a 332pound 5"10' male teenager but this car is ok for me. I can suprisingly fit in it and find a comfortable position enough to drive in. I CANNOT fit into the back seat or get to it but my friends can and they say its good for a small car back there. By the way i bought the 2dr hatchback GL version and enjoy the few extra features(but not many) but for the price of the car its great. Its still going strong. It accelerates enough on the highway the few times i go on it and for town its perfect with a peppy engine. I would recommend it to anyone!

The Best Car I Have Ever Owned!

by Blatz to the Future from Fresno, California on June 13, 2008

I drove this car for 2 years and the only problem I EVER had was the fuse for the fan kept going out. I was the WORST driver and didn't keep up on the maintenance or anything. I got into a lot of accidents in this car and I didn't get hurt at all. Great car, I wish I still had it. (This car met an untimely death two years after I bought it...I got into an accident and couldn't afford to fix it. The untimely death had nothing to do with the actual car itself.) I loved the fact that this car got such good miles per gallon and it was very roomy. I took 4 of my friends on a road trip and there was enough room to sleep in it!