2013 SX4

2013 Suzuki SX4

2013 Suzuki SX4

4.5

Have You Driven the 2013 Suzuki SX4?

Snow beast

by Dnich from Ontario,Canada on Sat May 24 2014

I bought this car because my area gets a lot of snow in winter. My other car is a honda fit and I can't get up my drive without trying a few times so I wanted the smallest awd for the lowest price available. On the road into town one plow at least a year crashes. This is amazing in the snow actually too good you can easily get over confident. I don't like the cvt but got it for a great price would have preferred a standard. The biggest peeve is the radio is on the GPS system and every time you shut the car off you have to hit an I agree button to see the clock and radio. When it takes awhile to respond you hit the screen again and your station changes or while adjusting the volume in the unit if you drag a digit on the screen the radio changes.

fun ride

by fun ms from Pittsburgh, Pa on Sun Jan 27 2013

I wanted a new car because I'm planning to travel more in next few years... this car handles well and is fun to drive- wonderful in the snow. I have a very steep driveway and it's the first time in many years that I zip right up even with 4-6" snow!!! The instrument panel is easy to navigate. The only thing I'm disappointed about is that I haven't been getting very good gas mileage,even tho it's a small car. I haven't taken a long trip on the highway yet either and I've only had the car a month... sometimes had it running while waiting so hope it improves ... love the heated seats and heated mirrors. Also, the roadside assistance program is great.

would buy again

by robbie from poulsbo, wa on Sun Sep 09 2012

Love the cars design and view from the drivers seat. I wish it had another 20 ho to it though. you can't beat the price for all wheel drive. we bought it for our daughter's 16 th birthday to drive to school. easyier for her to get around when snow arrives. I would buy again.

it was a good little car, very spacious

by cssevere from Las Vegas, NV on Wed Jan 31 2018

just needed more cup holders, but it held a full recliner minus the box in the back with the seats down

Suzuki SX4 Crossover..

by Wheels Are Us from Malta, NY on Tue Dec 11 2012

I've only owned this car for a month and it is starting to grow on me much more than I thought. I traded in a 2005 Volvo V50 wagon (not that the Volvo was bad, but it had an automatic transmission and I wanted a manual) and initially, the Suzuki seemed much less comfortable (most cars are compared to Volvos). The Suzuki however is a very comfortable riding car compared to comparable vehicles, i.e., Hyundais and Kias. It is a very light and easy to drive car, handles quite well, has enough power to get up to speed on the interstates, and so far, has delivered 30-32 mpg. Being an AWD, it should be very useful here in the Northeast and should manage without dedicated snow tires. For a hatchback, the rear window stays quite clean (it does have a rear wiper) and all the windows defrost in a reasonable amount of time. Complaints? Auto off headlights would be nice, but it does have DRLs. The dash illumination is too bright in the country (when it's really dark) and decreasing the intensity, makes it too dim.

Great liitle AWD but. oil changes are a pain

by Bullit from New Hampshire on Sat Jun 15 2013

5k on the car and overall I am pleased. Getting 28.5 mpg. Handles well and performance is goon even on the mountain roads I travel. Inside of the car is like a green house even when driving. I recommend window tint. If you are a DIY person, oil changes are incredibly difficult. It is best to have the dealer do it. The heat shield has to be removed and the a/c line moved to access the filter. The lower bolt of the shield is very difficult to access and near impossible to put back.

I LOVE my Suzuki SX4

by Spunky from Charlotte, NC on Wed May 29 2013

I love my Suzuki SX4! This car is a sub-compact with a 2.0 liter 4 cylinder engine with automatic transmission. Another sub-compact car that I own has a 4 cylinder 1.6 liter engine with manual transmission. That vehicle gets 40 mpg, but does not have the "get up & go" that my new Suzuki has. The bigger engine gets around 30 mpg combined city/highway, but it is really spunky, fun to drive & great in city traffic.

Bang for the buck

by Fussy from Northern Vermont on Sat Dec 29 2012

I like this car pretty well. Power enough for my needs and fair gas mileage. The 11.9 gallon fuel tank bites wind. Cold weather adversely affects the mileage and I think the transmission is very fuel inefficient. I do like the tranny a lot though and the drive system is excellent if somewhat noisy. The car handles very well, goes anywhere and is easy to get in and out of. It needs better interior lighting, bigger fuel tank and a better ride. If you really want performance you need to drive it in the auto/manual mode and it does that pretty well. If it were up to me I would give it a little more torque and gear it up a little more to keep the revs down while cruising. It starts only fair cold and at the touch of the key hot. I like the headroom and seats. I would like a key unlock feature for the liftgate. I love the hidden storage space with the cover over the spare (fake) tire. I really wish I could put a hitch on it to pull my fishing boat but Suzuki doesn't reccommend it. The front brakes sound awful cold but are silent warm. I like this car but would not buy another one without some improvements like the gas tank and interior lights I mentioned. A lockable glove box would be a welcome addition also. At 4500 miles I have not had a problem yet and I do not anticipate any, although the engine does not seem to have loosened up at all. Mileage has not changed a bit from the day I brought it home. At the 3000 mile oil change the engine oil level had not changed a bit. Excellent heater and decent air conditioner pretty good radio. Needs another display screen. Too many features for the one small one and you are constantly changing views to see things. Can be distracting.

Does not recommend this car!!

I've owned about 40 cars, this is one of my favs!

by maw0130 on Sat Jul 15 2017

Some professional reviews say this car is sluggish, I can't say the same. My son even commented that he was scared he'd get a ticket in this car. It accelerates good and no problems passing. It is VERY comfortable. The seats do not fatigue your back and they sit high which makes entry and exit easy. The interior is very user friendly, everything in reach. The only draw back is it lacking a telescopic steering wheel. That I do agree with the pro reviewers. However, it has never contributed to arm fatigue or steering issues, even on long trips. One of the most notable things for such a small car, is the quiet cabin. You can have a conversation with passengers without screaming. It's an inexpensive compact car and it comes with good standard options. It doesn't have all of the bells and whistles of my previous Lincoln, but I've found it to be quite comfortable...and fun! I'm saddened that Suzuki is no longer in the US because this is my second Suzuki. I was looking forward to another.

Own 2-SX4 Crossovers

by fonzi from North Tonawanda,NY on Sat Feb 22 2014

The SX4 has great performance and handling ,quick acceleration ,brake system is quick to respond. In the snow they're fantastic, while Suv's are crawling I'm flying by them with excellent traction. Fuel economy is good considering it's an AWD, Averaging 25 MPG City. Would definitely recommend this vehicle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 2