2002 Suzuki XL7 consumer reviews

$19,599–$21,799 MSRP range
side view of 2002 XL7 Suzuki
Explore the 2002 Suzuki XL7

Everything you could ask for

I had a 2001 Chevy Tracker that wouldn't quit. This 2002 XL7 is all that plus a better ride, more room and even a few more amenities. Reliability is of upmost importance to me. I prefer a vehicle that only requires maintenance and not breakdown repairs. Suzuki had been doing it right, right up until they stopped selling in North America. Built here in Canada, for Canadian roads, and Bush. Built to last.

4.4

the best reliable car i ever owned.

grate car plenty of seating up to 7 passenger great for a family o 7 good height level for tall guys. got over 300.000 miles on it and still running only problem need to add motor oil every 1000 miles justified for the miles that it has. would buy another like this one. only had basic maintenance and repairs nice and strong vehicle very happy with it

4.0

16 years and going strong

I bought this car new in 2002, I needed four wheel drive in the mountains of VT AND room for 4 kids. While the SUV does nothing wonderfully is does everything well. I can drive it for 8 hours and mostly be able to walk afterwards. Can carry and/or tow just about anything I need. Camping gear, canoe on the roof, trailer with tents coolers etc. It just keeps going. Soon to be passed down to my 16 year old son and probably good for another 180,000 miles.

Very reliable and comfortable vehicle...

This SUV has plenty of space, great gas mileage and a very smooth ride. Also very reliable and stable on the road, especially when on long trips....

4.3

Most reliable vehicle I have ever owned.

Bought this new in 2002, still driving 16 years later. Over 135,000. Never broke down on me, only repairs besides maintenance have been the A/C compressor & computer. I always feel safe & secure in any weather driving, I plan on driving it until it finally dies. May not be pretty, but if you want a reliable inexpensive used SUV, you can't go wrong.

4.4

100k miles still going strong

this is an exceptionally reliable car. my wife and I have put over 100k miles on it and it is still going strong. our maintenance has been minimal. I am hoping for another 100k miles!

3.7

Thoroughly Impressed

I have abused my 2002 XL7 in the 10 years I have owed it so far. I was/am the second owner and we just hit 215k miles. I drive this rig daily, adding an average 100 miles a day during the week days. Including weekends, I would say I put an average of 2300 miles every month on this vehicle as of right now. That hasn't always been the case, but the vast majority of those miles are freeway miles. To my knowledge it is been in a handful (5 to 7) of minor fender-benders and 1 side impact (more of a side scrape) accident. And it still runs like a champ. The only issues I've had since purchased at 91k miles, have been brakes, tires, and battery. But those are to be expected as each has a life expectancy. To be fair, I do not have a good maintenance records either for this rig. At this point, my XL7 sucks up oil quickly (so I have to routinely keep an eye on the oil level) and I'd say the fuel economy has dropped to an average of 13-15 mpg. My biggest complaint about his vehicle is that a rear-facing child seat is a pain to have in this rig as they simply do not fit well. I have to have my rear-facing infant carrier on the passenger side and only a very small adult is able to sit in the front seat because I have to pull the front passenger seat up so far. Once kids have graduated to forward facing seats, you'll be fine.... Just be prepared for not being able to have a front passenger for a while... I have pulled drift boats and trailers with my XL7 and it handles great, even on sand and pebbly river bends. You might need sandbags if ice/snow is a common occurrence though.

4.3

Can't beat the price / performance.

This is actually the 2nd Suzuki XL7 I've bought. My first one was bought brand new from the then Suzuki dealer in Ft Lauderdale. 3 days after I bought it, I drove from Orlando, FL to Anchorage, Alaska. Not a hiccup on the way. That vehicle lasted for 550,000 miles; and I have to say I'm not always the best when it comes to standard preventative maintenance, either. That includes one accident (which did far more damage to the Dodge Stratus than it did to the XL7... ...and the XL7 went strong for about 200,000 miles afterwards... This latest one I bought is also a 2002; with 129,000 miles on it, so I'm expecting to have many years before it reaches the same point as the original.

AMAZING CAR

it the best car that anyone can ever have. Its my firsty car but its so good have been driving it for acouple of years and still drives great and no mechine problems and great for going a long ways. Amazing car get it

1.9

Bad listing

I saw this vehicle in person. The dealer did not state all that is wrong with this vehicle, including what they did not even know, a bad head gasket on this vehicle. This vehicle is a mechanic's special, especially if you have the time to invest in rebuilding the engine from scratch to replace the head gasket. So, if you want to do the work, don't pay what the dealer is asking and offer a firm amount around $2,700. Otherwise, walk away from this vehicle.