2003 Suzuki XL7 Consumer Reviews

Change Year
2003 Suzuki Xl 7
4.4
Average based on 7 reviews

I love mine! Great on & offroad.

by from Sierra Nevada Mts. of Nevada & California on February 21, 2007

Since October, I've put 10,000 miles on this and taken it offroad up over a mountain pass in necessary 4wd territory. It does what I need to get me to out of the way places. It's great in the snow. I'm tall but get in and out of my Suzi easily & I'm not tired or uncomfortable after driving in it for 2+ hours without a rest. I get to my destination with energy! I love the stereo controls on the steering wheel, the sound system, and the easy to view and use instrument and control panels. I love the easy to use 4wd shift setup. Putting into 4 wheel high on the go is a snap. It handles well on winding mountain highways but does get blown around in strong winds over 40mph. Just slow down a bit. Mine has the 2nd row seats and comfortably seats 3 adults, so there's lots of room to haul stuff. I sell at craft shows and I can put my tent/canopy, tables, inventory, chairs, display all inside and still have room for a passenger and luggage. There's always room on top to tie down extra on the roof rails and rack. This is my first suv and having looked at and driven Toyota and Nissan, which were way overpriced, I found the XL-7 to be a terrific vehicle for the money. It has all the comfort and bells & whistles of a much higher priced suv. It gets 20-21 mpg with an automatic transmission and that is pretty standard. It has plenty of power even when fully loaded and passing cars at high elevation. I was sorry to see the 2007 doesn't come in a 4wd but only the fwd or awd. I prefer 4wd. The overdrive option gives mine a wide range of gears to utilize and gives ME the control I need when necessary. This isn't going to be a serious off road vehicle, it's not a rock climber, but it will get you to most of the places you'll want to go that a sedan or 2wd truck can't. Plus, if it rains on your camping trip, you can always sleep inside if you needed to with all the space in the back. I haven't had one moment of buy's remorse since purchasing mine.

Very Reliable Vehicle

by from Iowa on February 13, 2011

I bought my XL7 with almost 100 k and have never had a problem with it other than changing the blinker light and putting a new battery in. This car drives great on snow and has plenty of room for hauling. Gets decent gas mileage too for a mid sized SUV. Would definitely buy one again!

Great Purchase

by from on October 29, 2008

Drove it off the lot brand new... it has 185,000 miles and still runs great. Never a mechanical issue.

2003 XL7

by from New Castle, PA on April 9, 2010

My wife and I just bought this XL7 and overall it is nice. There are some design flaws, but arent there always. You can never expect to have every thing right. The interior is comfortable and has a third row seat. However, the design lacks functionality when you are looking to put all of the seats down for hauling or moving. The surface is very uneven. But for the price, it will do. As for the performance it is a little big for a V6, and wish it had an 8. However, it does go as fast as we need it to. However, you aren't going to be towing anything with it. Just lacks the power. All around it is a nice car and worth the money. Good family SUV.

very very reliable car

by from hartford ct on January 20, 2014

I have had my xl7 since brand new and it has 228900 miles on it and it has never been to the shop for nothingmayor just regular maintance I will drive this baby to the ground and the body is in excellent shape no rust at all.

energizer car

by from oklahoma city ok on September 6, 2012

My wife and i bought the 7 in late 2003 with 10,000 miles on it. It is Sept 2012 and it has 185,000 miles now. The 7 has only been in the shop twice and that was for a idle control valve($285) and the windshield made a whistle going down the highway (Warranty). The four wheel drive has gotten my wife to work many times through snow and i use it to get my boat in some off the beaten path fishing spots. I have pulled out other vehicles with it that got stuck in mud and pulled my boat a couple thousand miles. couple of things i really like are the heated mirrors and the four wheel drive shift on the fly.

good for the price!

by from new york on November 10, 2006

good for the money! dealerships and service departments are below poor! not to many after market items available! Suzuki parts are expensive and not too many available either