2006 Suzuki XL7 consumer reviews

side view of 2006 XL7 Suzuki
Explore the 2006 Suzuki XL7
4.4

Great commuter car

This car meets my need, it is very economical and great for commuting. I think it will be great for seniors as a tow car for RV, and for students first time car. It is 4 wheel drive and great for the seasonal weather.

Rock Solid

Have owned since 2003, changed spark plugs once, change the oil and have done brakes, shocks, struts and tires as needed. It keeps going down the road. Currently have an air conditioner problem that isn't fixed yet (know what the problem is) and recently had to replace an oxygen sensor on the engine. That's been it. Have 176,000 miles on it. It is tough on tires but if that's all I have to replace and everything else keeps purring along, I'm a happy camper. A great vehicle -- sad day when Suzuki pulled its cars out of the U.S.

3.9

good suv for the size

i have owned this gem for 8 years and bought it 2 years old 21000 miles . it now has 101000 miles and gets me all over jn good weather or bad. portland, or. to utah and all the way to san diego, ca. never gave me any problems. maybe because i keep it up on oil changes and all required maintenance from owners manuel. i get 21 miles average . long trips 26 mpg. and this is a honey. paint is still like new, because i wash it by hand and polish it twice a year.

4.1

Car now has 210,000 kms and still going strong

Own the car since April 2016. Minimal maintenance. Only one recall in May 2010.(Power Steering Tension Pulley). This car has been driven coast to coast in Canada without a single problem. You take care of the car and the car will take care of you. Couldn't be happier with this workhorse.

3.6

2nd XL7 purchased

My wife bought her 1st XL7 in 2002 and she loved it. Now that she has bought her 06 model i must say their are some differances. The biggest one is the fan noise from the A/C. I also noticed it doesn't get the gas milage like the advertisement. Other than that a great little SUV.

TOUGH

This my second xl-7 and both have proven to be extremely reliable. I tow the family fiberglass trailer with no problems. My gas mileage has been between 23 mpg and 25 mpg on the highway. The build quality is excellent. I would strongly recommend to anyone looking for a reliable SUV!

3.7

Enjoying so far...

I have owned a 06 XL7 for 6 months now. It has been a great vehicle so far. The only complaints I would have would be the fuel mileage (of course), was told when I bought it that I would get 22-24 hwy, but only get about 18. Other complaint is that it doesnt really have the "get up and go" when taking off, like I thought it would. Otherwise, its a pretty good SUV. We have the 3rd row seat, but dont use it. The interior is pretty nice. The console between the seats is very small, but there's 5 cup holders. As with any vehicle, there are pros and cons, but my experience is that theres more pros to the XL7.

4.4

Quality

The Suzuki xl-7 is an honest hard working truck. I live in the northern region of Canada where winter hangs around 8 months of the year and the xl-7 has yet to let me down. The build quality is up there with the best. It's one tough truck that combines looks ride and durability.

Great vehicle, reliable and safe

This is the 2nd XL-7 that I have owned. They are great cars loaded with features and are very reliable.

2.7

This vehicle is out of the competition.

I drove a 2006 Suzuki XL-7 for two months as a company car. The best I can tell about this vehicle is it's just about average. The ride is uncomfortable, transmission unresponsive uphill, seats are uncomfortable, air conditioner fan noise is above average, and there is no climate control or trip computer. Stereo system is mediocre, interior and exterior styling not very attractive, and handling in turns is slightly above average. Worst of all: gas mileage is way below advertised rates. On the upside: It's relatively cheap and affordable, roomy and reliable with not much maintenace or repair needed. Road noise (a side from the fan noise) is better than average. In short, this is an entry level, no-frills SUV. I hope they have made some dramatic changes in the 2007 model, otherwise this vehicle is not a very attractive buy.