2017 Model S

2017 Tesla Model S

2017 Tesla Model S

5 out of 5 stars Performance

Have You Driven the 2017 Tesla Model S?

300+ miles on single charge

by N2dzone from Portland, Oregon on Fri May 19 2017

This is my third Tesla, a 100D. Drove 308 miles up hill (3200' elevation gain) on one charge, drove 65-70. What a great car

Like driving the future

by Htwn97 from Houston, TX on Thu Jun 01 2017

This car is a head turner everywhere you go. People will come up asking questions about how the electric car functions and all the cool features it has. The autopilot has been getting better so self driving is coming soon. This car is mainly used for in city so charging at home over night will fully charge it. The car has absolute quick acceleration and many safety features. The interior could have been designed better there are no large side storage pockets in each door nor is there simple things like coat hangers and lights for the sun visor mirrors. 9/10 I would buy this car again.

Americas greatest Car

by S.Car.Go Tesla Bob from MI on Sun Jul 23 2017

We have owned our Tesla S for about 6 months and have loved the performance and value. With dual motors the all wheel drive makes driving in bad conditions better than any previous car we've owned. Including ourJeep Wrangler (car #2). I'm 6'5" tall and the Tesla is incredibly comfortable. On long trips using the high speed charging system means no fuel cost and quick charges at SuperChargers conveniently located at stops with restaurants and shopping available. Great styling. Amazing acceleration and autopilot to reduce stress on long rides. Seriously, just go test drive one. You will see what all the hype is about.

Great care but range is overestimated

by rjz from Phoenix, AZ on Wed Jan 24 2018

I have a 2017 Model S 90D that now has about 5,000 miles on it. Overall, it's a great car. The technology is very advanced and it looks stylish. It's also very fast off the line. For me, the actual range is about 80% of the posted EPA range. That's because pursuant to Tesla's recommendation, I charge it to 90% of capacity. Then, I actually only get about 85%-90% of that estimated range, even though I don't drive aggressively. So, although the EPA range is 294 miles, I usually can count on about about 225 miles of range. Also, since this is a battery-powered car, the battery loses range while it sits. Overnight, I have lost as much as 6 miles of range, but the average is about 4 miles of range per day. The battery also loses capacity over time. In 5,000 miles and 4 months, the car has lost about 3 miles of range. I'm not sure how this plays out long term, but at this rate the car will lose about 30 miles of range by the time I put 50,000 miles on it. That still will be enough for my daily commute, but it would limit any plans for long-range driving. Aside from the cool computer monitor, the interior of the car needs improvement. It shows that Tesla has not been making cars for very long or that they focus most of their resources on technology. The center console is odd and not that useful. Since the car is very quiet, you can hear rattles and creaks coming from the dashboard. Finally, 2 days after i picked up the car I was stuck in my office garage because there was a computer glitch. The customer service was great. They sent 3 technicians, after-hours, to get the car running again, but it was a little disheartening, especially since the cost of the car is pretty high.

Repairs and getting parts

by Monica from Denver on Mon Jun 11 2018

I love my Tesla with exception to two things. First, we were rear-ended and it has been months and Tesla doesn't get parts shipped out to have car fixed. Months!!!! Second, you will need to plan on getting new tires every year because the car is heavy and it wears them out.

Does not recommend this car!!

Tesla Model S

by mbcaffe from west hills, ca on Sun Dec 10 2017

One of the best cars on the road regardless of engine type. Handles great, quiet,and the best user interface.

Nice car

by SCmom from Columbia on Thu Feb 01 2018

I test drove this car and liked it, but I don't love it. Because I live in a rural state, I decided that I would not buy this car and instead am planning to purchase a plug-in hybrid. By doing this I will not be completely reliant on charging stations, and will have gasoline as a back-up.

Does not recommend this car!!

I smile every time I drive it

by Mutantbee from Pembroke Pines on Sun Jun 17 2018

My dream car. High tech, comfortable, and insanely fast. Yet easy to control and very very safe. I get compliments almost every day. And I'm hella green.

Amazing car!!!

by LaLa from Atlanta, GA on Fri Nov 24 2017

Best car I have owned in 30 years. Comfort, speed, “fuel” efficient. Fast, nimble and amazing auto-drive features Pricey upfront but then very low cost to drive. I had 2013 tesla s85 and Just traded in for 2017 Tesla 100D

No guilt acceleration without the McClaren price

by TeslaZen from Asheville, NC on Sat Nov 18 2017

OK, where else can you buy a car that goes 0-60 in about 4 seconds (2.4 if you get the P100D @ around $140k), has 4 doors, ZERO emissions and hugs the ground like a $200,000+ sportscar all for around half the price of the other supercars at $100k? Audi R8 V10 , McLaren 570S, Porsche 911 Turbo S are all excellent ICE automobiles and very fun to drive. But...IF you are interested in our environment and lowering (read, not eliminating) your carbon footprint, but still LOVE some acceleration in a beautiful sportscar, this is your car. Oh yea, you can bring your family too because it has 4 doors! I took it on a road trip from Asheville, NC to College Park, MD using 2 Superchargers along the way and return trip (I didn't have to stop twice to charge as the 100D gets about 300+ per charge), but I'm a 52yo male...if you are post 50, you'll understand :). Yes, you have to plan your stops but the Superchargers are located in very convenient locations with restaurants etc along the way. The biggest joy is driving by the gas stations and smiling because I'm using renewable energy. If you are looking at a Porsche 911 Turbo S, McClaren 570, Audi R8 but would love it if those cars had 4 doors (I know Panamera does, but it doesn't have the best repair record), then you need to SERIOUSLY go and test drive a Tesla. I know that at this price, the Tesla S model isn't for everyone, but I feel that everyone should consider an electric vehicle (Model 3?) to be less dependent on foreign oil and fossil fuels in general. I realize that making the battery takes some, but it stops there. Once you are on the road= ZERO emissions. Check out Like Tesla on youtube for some more in depth information about the Tesla.

1 2 3