1995 Avalon

4.6 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Very Reliable Car

by MRB from Jericho, NY on April 25, 2009

I own a 1995 Toyota Avalon XLS and I owned a 1997 Avalon XLS. Both cars have been very reliable and drive very comfortably. The only major repair that I experienced was the power steering rack and water pump. Nevertheless, I find this car to be a very good value.

Excellent family car

by Carman from GR MI on August 14, 2007

I wish I could find another one of these My Avalon XLS has all the features I love like automatic climate control and a power sunroof, I would recomend to anyone who needs a lot of space in there automobile.

Best car ever

by jt from VA on June 14, 2015

I bought a 1995 Avalon xls in 2001 with 104000 mi. I'ts 2015 with 235000 mi and it runs as good as the day I bought it. We have 6 cars and trucks in our family and this 3.0 engine and transmission has got to be one of the best comb's of All Time!!!! Great vehicle.

Fantastic

by Dannyboy from Omaha on February 18, 2013

My wife bought a car exactly like this one 2 years ago. She now has 295,000 miles on it and still running. Fixed regular things with suspension but the motor can't be beat. Fantastic value.

B-E-S-T Car Ever

by iLoveAva from South Carolina on March 28, 2014

I purchased my Avalon (nickname: Ava) in 2005 as a college student with 75k miles. I lived about 2hrs away from home and I would travel there maybe 2 times a month, but mostly used around the city. The funny thing is, I totaled it after hitting a deer on the interstate in 2007, but I re-purchased & repaired the body. Since then I have not had one single major issue. I've had to get a starter put in, the window motor replaced at the dealership (a little pricey), and recently got the spark plugs and high mileage maintenance completed. Ava now has 211k miles and is still giving me the quietest smoothest most enjoyable ride that I could ask for. One of the best purchases I've ever made.

Good car for the money

by doggy from everywhere, California on April 26, 2012

Bought mine used with 111K, and now I have 118K. I've had to replace the exhaust manifold at about 113K. I also had to replace the battery and have had issues with two underinflated tires, but I won't blame Toyota for that. I'm hoping to get new tires come winter. The engine on this car has plenty get up and go, but it doesn't FEEL as fast as my old Pontiac Bonneville. Overall I am relatively happy with this car and hope that it lasts to 200,000 miles and maybe more.

A Good Car

by djdoggydog from St. Louis MO on May 3, 2012

I bought it with 111,000 miles and now have 119,000 miles. The airbag light has been on since I bought it, and the horn doesn't work. I'm thinking it may be a faulty sensor. I had to replace the exhaust manifold at 113,000. Those are the only problems I've had except for some tire problems and a battery dying. Overall I would say it is a good car. Even though I've had a few problems I won't complain too much because this is a used car. Hoping the engine and transmission will last for 200K or more.

The Best Car I have owned

by Grammy24 on July 4, 2017

I bought my 1995 Avalon to pick up kids at school in 2010. 17 years later and it is still running great. I replaced the timing belt because I have owned Honda's and Toyota's and believe in changing the timing belt every 100,000 miles -then they keep going - I love this old car and it has never let me down. I am thinking about buying a newer car but afraid I cannot get this kind of quality

SO TRUSTWORTHY

by BUDDY RED from Passaic, NJ on April 15, 2014

I bought my 1995 Avalon XLS with 130,000 miles in 2013. It is now a year and one half later and has 12,000 more miles. This car is fantastic, especially considering it's age. It rides so nice and has never let me down even during this last terrible winter season. I have put the very basic money into it for normal wear and tear. I love this car.

Never dies

by Satisfied driver from Savannah, Georgia on March 1, 2013

I bought my 1995 Toyota Avalon in 2001. It only had 32,000 miles on it. It is now almost 18 years old and has 311,000 miles on it!! It has never once broken down or had any major issues. I have kept up with the maintenance on it. Yhe only thing I had to have done was the starter had to be rebuilt. And that was before it hit 40,000 miles but it was no big deal. The funny thing is that the timing belt has NEVER been changed! I just bought one though and will be changing it in a couple of days. The car runs like a dream! Its great on gas mileage and its so comfortable. This car has never even dripped oil onto the driveway. Im so pleased with my car!

1 2