Model Details

1996 Toyota Avalon Consumer Reviews

Average based on 5 reviews

Excellent Car

by from on September 9, 2010

This car is great for the money. I have had my car for 5 years and have added about 100k miles to it. It runs awesome still. I have had some work done, but it is just regular type of maintenance. No major issues. Would highly recommend this car to anyone looking for a good solid family car, but not a huge budget. Lots of room on the inside, lots of trunk space. Great gas mileage for this size car.

No major repairs for 200K+ miles

by from on February 11, 2010

comfortable, sturdy, easy to maintain. Only problems are standard wear and tear. Parts are more expensive, but they don't need many repairs.

Good Car

by from on May 4, 2009

Bought used form another owner at 116k miles in 09 still runs incredibly well except for a leaky oil pan all is well

I really like this vehicle

by from Wilmington, Delaware on August 2, 2006

I have owned quit a few vehicles and driven a lot more, after renting some of the more quality vehicles in their class, I've come to the conclusion that the Avalon is by far the best in its class by a long shot and for the money I'd say if you like comfort and handling ,this is where you want to be.

Nice Car

by from Midwest, USA on December 21, 2007

We have owned an XLS for almost 8 years. Nice ride, a little noisy now because I think the seals are deteriorating. The driver's side seat is coming apart, but that isn't something that affects the reliability. It has been extremely reliable. We like the power seats, the sun roof and the Avalon has a ton of "get up and go," especially when the "power" button is pushed. Great gas mileage for the size. Our deal breaker that has caused us to trade is the rust, particularly above the windshield (? weird, I know) and it started to leak when it rained.