2001 Toyota Avalon

it's old but still powerful and comfortable

by from san jose calif on August 19, 2017

everything on the car much much better than my Honda same mileage,engine quiet,fast 0 to 60mph it used less gas than my 4 cyl Accord unbelievable for the 16 years old car.

Great all around car

by from on May 22, 2017

Comfortable ride, very reliable. Roomy inside. Nice looking. Comfortable back seat. Quiet. Lots of room for three in the back.

Great Buy

by from on May 19, 2017

Reliable and can last long. highly recommend to anyone who would like to buy a family friend car. Toyota Avalon is a good choice

Most reliable car i've owned in 2017

by from Hollywood, FL on May 2, 2017

I am 55 years old and I just recently purchased my 2001 Toyota Avalon 2001 XL in excellent quality condition. I bought the car with 69,450 miles and since I am a young retired male who lives in Hollywood, Fl. it was the best decision I made my prior auto was a used 2003-04 Cadillac DHS with all the bells and whistles I own the Cadillac for about 2 3/4 years it had 125,500 miles and I new I had to change it out soon. I had bought for my own ego trip and it was well worth the buy. It was a true luxury car, but I couldn't afford the maintenance that was soon to come. Any way I was happy and glad that I was able to trade the Cadillac in for my present auto the 2001 Toyota Avalon XL this car lives up to its reputation the car is a true Luxury car for Toyota High End vehicle, It rides smooth and has awesome acceleration and a very quite cabin everything in my car is clean inside and out and everything is in working order. This car was previously owned buy Canadian snowbirds and they used it when they where in town. of course now I am the new proud owner of this 2001 Avalon. This car is well worth the higher sale price even for a 17 year old car in great condition I paid about $7400.00 for the car from a reliable and reputable used auto dealer ship. This car will be babied for the next 45 years after all I am young retired person so the car only goes with me for food shopping and doctors appt's with an occasional excursion from time to time. So if your in the market for anew or great used automobile I would suggest to purchase a Toyota Avalon who will be astonished how this car rides and feels and how good looking the car is and the main thing is that it is a very economical auto my car is 3.0 L 24V dohc, Its way better that the 2003/04 Cadillac with less electronic gizmos than I needed. so its less wear and tear for the Avalon of course less money out of pocket if you need to do any basic or major repairs on it. All I know is that I am happy with my decision and I love my 2001 Toyota Avalon XL. I hope this review will be helpful to Future Toyota Avalon buyers or any other models that Toyota makes and for resale as well. Take care Regards somewhere in Hollywood, FL.

Good car, will last a long long time

by from Exeter Ontario on June 17, 2015

My fiance has owned two Toyota Avalon's, a 1998 and a 2001. His 1998 had well over 300,000 kms on it. He sold it because the rear strut was broken and the power steering pump was broken. So he bought a 2001 Avalon XLS. It now has just over 300,000 kms on it and is running great. The engine is in good condition but the power steering pump is on its way out, it was never replaced the entire life of the car so I say that's pretty good. Also he has to replace two wheel bearings, still not a very big deal. The parts are decently priced for the Toyota's, front wheel bearing is $65.00 and the rear is $95.00 compared to my 07 ford fusion with was $120 for the front bearing. It is also a very comfortable car with a very modern design for its year. I love the 12v outlet in the back, great for camping and pumping up air mattresses haha. There is also no rust on the car which is amazing for being 14 years old! Over all I would say this is a very good car.

amazed

by from McMinnville, OR on May 25, 2014

So I would like everyone to know that I got rear ended today at about 45 mph when I was at a dead stop in my 01 avalon and I am happy to say that everyone is OK and so is the avalon the other car not so much. I am very impressed with how well the avalon hel up

good car all around

by from belmar nj on May 22, 2014

Picked up this car with 116,000 miles in Great shape. Love the car but (LOL) check engine light came on 200 miles after I bought it. Costing $700. to fix and I hope that's it. Nice solid car. Pick one up that was well taken care of and your disapointments will be little. One important thing! I found out later is the oil sludge problem for that engine. good luck

2001Avalon

by from Rochester, NY on March 30, 2013

This is a great car! It is comfortable, reliable and stylish. I would highly recommend it! The only problem I've found is it sits low to the ground so the bottom scrapes going in nd out of some driveways. Otherwise, we love this car!

Very Solid Car!

by from delaware on January 14, 2013

The ride and comfort are the best I have ever had!! and it also gets great fuel mileage! has a large truck and parts are easy to get and afordable!

2001 Toyota Avalon - No Surprises...

by from Atlanta, GA on April 10, 2012

After shopping around several weeks, I bought a 2001 Avalon XLS with 125K miles from a private party. It has a few very minor aesthetic blemishes (a couple of scrubs on front/rear bumpers, a few really small "dings"/scratches on driver door/passenger rear quarter panel) - nothing you would not expect from a car that is 11 years old with 125K miles. Already own and have thoroughly enjoyed our 2006 Avalon Limited, which has been essentially problem-free for the first 90K miles we have driven it. Wanted a nice, dependable car to rack up 600-700 miles/week, mainly interstate, and this car fit(s) the bill to a "T". The Toyota 6-cylinder engine is plenty strong enough to put you back in your seat, but has gotten 25-29 mpg for me thus far, depending on driving conditions, load, etc. Like our 2006 model, the leather interior is very roomy (as is the huge trunk), the fully electronic, 6-way adj. driver / passenger seats very comfortable (and heated), the separate electronic, thermostat-controlled driver / passenger heating-A/C works flawlessly, the JBL stereo system loud and clear, the in-dash "information" system (time, date, compass, miles to Empty, mpg, trip computer, odometer) very useful, and the wood grain trim gives it a nice, "luxurious" look-feel. Just packed the car full and took an 800-mile round-trip vacation (myself and 3 passengers), and every ammenity that I just mentioned made the trip that much more of an "easy" drive (oh, I forgot to mention how well the steering wheel mounted Cruise Control system works)...The car ran very quiet and very smooth, and unless you looked at the odometer, one would never guess there were now nearly 130K miles on the car. If you couldn't tell, I love this car, and for the $ (I payed just below KBB "private party" price), I don't think there is a better choice one could make on a "used" car purchase.

Our Expert Review: 2001 Toyota Avalon