2003 Avalon

2003 Toyota Avalon

2003 Toyota Avalon

Have you driven the 2003 Toyota Avalon?

EXCELLENT CAR!!

by Experience Avalon Pilot from Roanoke, VA on Fri Mar 22 2013

I have owned two of these Avalons - one was a 2002 which had almost 190,000 miles on it when someone plowed into me, and a 2004 with 130,000 miles on it and not a groan in it's workings! This car is extremely quiet and doesn't even make a whisper going 70 or higher on the interstate. I have never had any major work electronically or mechanically to either of my Avalons aside from regular maintenance. The features are plush and the car is perfect for short trips around the city or 20 hour trip to visit the parents. Don't hesitate on this one! It is an incredible car for what you will pay!

Drives like melted butter ... favorite car EVER.

by Midwest Slacker Mom from Woodbury, MN on Fri Apr 16 2010

We're the second owners of a 2003 Avalon XLS. The heated leather seats. The quiet ride. Reasonable gas mileage and huge trunk. There's something very soothing about driving this car. Loving an Avalon goes along with having gray hair, but my beautiful 22-year-old daughter loves driving it, too. And my teen son. The first owner put Michelin tires on it, and the car just floats over the road. It has a nice push of power when you accelerate. This car has 47K, and no mechanical problems so far. (Our 2000 Avalon has over 100K and no problems, either.) My only criticisms are that the dark blue paint shows touch-ups easily and I don't like flipping the center console open to get to the cup holders. Best car ever. Will only buy Avalons from now on.

Oh what a feeling !!!

by Neil from Mel on Fri Feb 19 2010

Big boot space and comfy leg room, million times better than the first AU2 falcon that I had. Handling is good around corners and economy is outstanding for a car in its league.It feels like my very own Limo. The original battery is nearly 7 years old and is still running fine. The only small issues that I have with the desgin is the instrument panel, the steering wheel gets in the way and the steering wheel has a vertical tilt and no fwd backwd adjustment. Feels like you are on cloud nine when on really really long drives(my experience 1500 Kms in one day!!) :).

best car i've ever seen

by elrabioso from MA on Tue Feb 21 2012

this car was passed down to me by my grandparents, and being like every other old person, they got everything that toyota had to offer for this model. automatic windshield wipers (which i've NEVER seen before in any other car) heated and memory seats and mirrors, leather, wood grain everywhere and soo much more. the power in my V6 is ideal but it could have better cornering ability but is this honestly something i should expect from a full-sized sedan? the performance may be the downfall but the ride comfort and driving ease is ideal, i could literally steer the car with my pinkie finger if i wanted to. I've driven competitor vehicles, like the Maxima and the Accord and i just dont see the level of luxury in those vehicles that i see in my Avalon. The handling and cornering was much better in the Maxima, i must say. but if i was tied between buying a Maxima or an Avalon, the Avalon would win EVERY time.

221K miles and still rolling along...

by vtjohn from Virginia on Fri Oct 21 2011

I bought this car almost 5 years ago with 80K miles (an XLS just off lease) and didn't think twice about the lack of warranty. I'm 6'5" and loved that the front seat was available as a bench seat w/ folding armrest so I have plenty of legroom. in 140,000 miles I've only had to do two timing belt changes and a new alternator. Of course oil changes and a new set of cheap tires every year. Never have done the brakes!! Passes inspection every year here in Virginia and the leather seats still look great. definitely Lexus quality with a lower price. The body style is uninspiring, but ages well.

Comfort and Performance, plus over 300,000 miles

by CC Bee from Coralville, IA on Thu Jun 02 2016

I bought this car when it had 100,000 miles on it. It just crossed 300,000 miles this week and the only work done on it was a new air compressor and brakes. The car is heavy and brakes and tires needed fixing/replacing a bit more than I would have expected but otherwise this has been a remarkable purchase. It was my 3rd Avalon, but the first car I ever bought with 100,000 miles already on it. At about 265,000 miles little things started to go wrong (radio, motor for windshield wipers and seat adjustment; lights on the dash display) but who can complain about that? I will say replacing the seat adjusting controls was an unpleasant expense, but at over 250,000 miles not unexpected. The power is amazing, the drive is smooth, the seats are COMFORTABLE. (After my back surgery my car was the most comfortable chair I owned for awhile.) There is an unexpected blind spot for approaching traffic at a cross street from the right. The trunk is HUGE (I think you might be able to fit a cow in there). I've taken at least half a dozen 3000+ mile trips in it and enjoyed every moment in comfort. Mileage was pretty consistent at 22mpg.

The best car I`ve owned

by Heziel from Upland,Ca on Sat Oct 30 2010

I allready have A Nissan Maxima,Infiniti J30,Toyota Camry also a Cadillac and this Avalon is quiet,silk transmission,very smooth ride and also does 29 miles per gallon on freeway,very reliable just gas and I use Marvel Oil in gas tank My next one it will be another Avalon love it. IS A LEXUS CAR WITH THE BIG PRICE TAG

best car i'ed owned

by macca from canberra on Tue Jan 01 2008

great car - luxury to drive on trips interstate down to the coast. feels and is a very safe car to drive.

Most Comfortable Car I've Ever Owned!

by Carguy 808 from Southern California on Wed Sep 11 2013

Just recently bought a 2003 Avalon XLS and so far it's been awesome and a comfortable ride. It has 88k miles and it runs like a champ! Only thing is it came with a cheap tires so looking into upgrading it. Other than that, It's very roomy, quite and steering is so light. I tested this car from CA to Vegas and boy.... my body didn't even get tired. No problem! I bet this car will go for another 100k miles easily by doing regular maintenence. I owned so much cars over the years since I was and still am a carguy. But this car, I can drive all day!

I got my money's worth...

by Chez Maurice from Union City, GA on Fri Sep 11 2015

I am going out on a limb... Thank you Heavenly Father. I bought a used Toyota Avalon XLS, 2003. I questioned the price but it was lower than book value. I was told by the dealer that the title was rebuilt. I didn't know what that meant. I do now... I am blessed that the vehicle was in a few accidents, BUT there was never any "STRUCTURAL" damage. Thus the rebuilt title was for a vehicle damaged but cost of repairing exceeded the FMV of the vehicle. I got my car at a really good price, thank you Lord!! Toyota rides well, I had a 2000 Toyota Camry and that car was a beauty!!! Yet, I love my Avalon hands down best car since my 1992 Nissan Maxima... The car rides really good and the gas mileage is pretty decent for a V6. The interior was in really good condition. This model and year is a reliable 2nd car and the price was fantastic.

1 2 3