1992 Camry

1992 Toyota Camry

$206 - $3,266  MSRP Range
1992 Toyota Camry

4.2

Have You Driven the 1992 Toyota Camry?

Toyota Owner for life!

by One satisfied Toyota Owner from Monterey, California on Fri Jul 02 2010

Right now, our driveway looks like a Toyota lot. We have a '02 Sequoia, '90 Previa, and a '92 Camry. We love all of them, two of whom have been in our family for more than a decade. NONE have less than 150K miles. Sequoia has 175K mi., Previa has 305K mi., and the Camry, a record for our household at 340K mi. We are so happy with it and it has only so far been through maintenance replacement parts (brake pads, rotors, timing belt, etc.) nothing major for a car that seems to never die! We plan to drive it another 100,000 miles. We are truly happy with our Camry!

Excellent value for long-term ownership

by Owner of TWO Toyota Camry's from Indiana on Mon Feb 18 2008

I purchased a 1992 Camry V6-LE station wagon new. I have driven it daily since then (16-years) and the car now has over 121,000 miles on its odometer. I've driven this car both locally, and on long road trips to both the east and west coasts of the U.S., as well as trips to Canada. I even pulled a U-Haul trailer to California with this car. The car has been nothing short of spectacular throughout my years of ownership. I do not baby this car, nor do I do anything special to it. I treat it just like a normal car. However, that said, it has rarely needed to go into the garage for service other than the routine stuff. It has never died on me in a parking lot or the side of the road. It starts every morning and takes me to work, and brings me home again at night without a fuss. It truly has been a pleasurable car to own and drive. After 16-years, the only problems I have is that the stock radio/CD-player have quit working, and I have a tiny patch of rust that is just starting over one of the rear wheel arches. Other than that, everything still works and looks good. I also have a 1999 Toyota Camry XLE-V6 sedan. Like my older Camry wagon, it too has been flawless since I bought it new in late 1998. As the owner of two Toyota Camry's, I can honestly say that if it is a comfortable, carefree, and reliable ownership experience you are looking for the most, I would recommend you put a Toyota Camry on the list of vehicles that you'll want to consider. Camry's are great cars!!

1992 Camry wagon 4 cyl. - hard to die

by Molibius from Toronto, ON on Mon Jul 09 2012

I did almost 600 000 km and the car still keeps running. Unfortunately the under body got serious corrosion so I have to say good bye to it. Bullet proof engine and transmission. The rest of components need replacement after reasonable time. Wish Toyota keep up the production of this model.

lucked out with this bargain

by mediastone from Fall River Massachusetts on Wed Sep 10 2008

this little toyota has had it's share of repairs...of late...new front axles...today a broken bolt on the exhaust manifold was fixed...it is now running quietly and smoothly...except for one little clunk that remains unexplained as they tell us the suspension is tight.....love the leather love the moon roof and love the roominess inside the car. thanks to the mechanic through car talk who advised us to fix the axles....thanks...

Brilliant car

by Sally from New Zealand on Wed Nov 11 2009

Fantastic car, a huge number of features (both useful - headlights automatically turn off when the door is opened, and completely ridiculous - wing mirror demisters...). Comfortable to drive, the only problem is its high fuel consumption in the city, however, open road driving is a breeze and it will drive 600km+ on a 50L tank. Powering up some hills can be a bit of a struggle, especially when the huge boot is filled with stuff, though overall a great car.

Most reliable car I owned

by Loveme112 from Piscataway on Fri Jul 14 2017

I bought this car in 2012 and it was it pretty good shape for its age. The car literally as had no issue besides its exterior look. Its an old car BUT its very reliable. Gets me to point A and B.

not reliable

by joeblow from on Sun Mar 24 2013

This was the second car i ever owned. I bought an old honda civic 91, then the clutch and transmission went out on it so i bought this car since everyone told me camrys are so reliable. Not so. maybe when it was new it would be good but parts are hard to come by... certain parts that are known to break, and the car seems to have a new issue every month. In less than 9 months of owning the vehicle, I had spent $2600 on fixing it and when i took it into a shop my estimate to fix everything else was $3000. now this car has low miles... 112,000 when i bought it now its at 123,000 but I have to sell it because its not worth it. If you do buy one, ask if the drivers exterior handle has been replaced... if it hasnt its a $700 job.... if you can get the part. I waited a month to get mine replaced.

Does not recommend this car!!

TOUGH OLD BIRD

by Beauty, reliability and affordability from CHICAGO, IL on Sun Sep 17 2017

It's a very sturdy, reliable car, easy to navigate and maintain, drives really smoothly - 25 years later it feels like you fly when you drive.

Extremely Reliable

by MarthaC from Ohio on Thu Sep 21 2017

This car is 25 years old and works better than most newer cars. My sister had it before me and gave it to me 5 years ago when she got a new car. Haven't heard many problems, just typical car issues that were easy to fix. Highly recommended. Some features are not the best such as the crank windows and manual locks, but that's to be expected in such an old car.

Longest Lasting Car I've Owned

by AlexWA from Olympia, WA on Mon Mar 20 2017

Very reliable car. Lost cost of matainence. Handles well but doesn't have very much power. (4 cylinder)

1 2

Our Take on the 1992 Toyota Camry

What has Toyota done to the Camry?

Made it bigger.

Made it better.

Made it quieter.

And made it more expensive.

For 1992, Toyota has introduced a new generation of its popular Camry. It is available in four models, and the top-of-the-line XLE could be the vehicle for those of us who can't afford a luxury car.

For the price of the test Camry, you probably won't find a midsize import that can beat the Camry in handling, equipment, fuel efficiency, quietness or comfort.

Yes, the new car is about $2,000 more expensive than the Camry it replaces, and some may look at the price and turn away. But you get a lot more for your money. The new Camry has more equipment and a better drivetrain. It... Read More