Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2001 Camry

2001 Toyota Camry

2001 Toyota Camry

4.5

4 out of 5 stars Interior Design

Have You Driven the 2001 Toyota Camry?

Unbelievably reliable

by JKatajhina from Minneapolis, MN on Sat May 01 2010

I bought this car used (6 cyl) with about 40,000 miles on it and now have 162,000 miles. In all that time, the only repairs I ever had to do was a leaking valve cover gasket and a leaking main rear seal. Only other costs were routine maintenance. This car is incredibly well-made and if you take good care of it with regular maintenance, it will go practically forever. I can't imagine why this car won't go over 200K easily. Also, I live in Minnesota and this car is great in the snow--have never been stuck. Good ground clearance and the front wheel drive has gotten me out of trouble numerous times.

Camry LE V6

by ownfor11yrs from AZ on Mon Jun 18 2012

I bought this car new from dealership. I brought it to dealership for maintainance regularly. Right after the 3 yr warranty, the visor cover broke, one after the other. The air-recycle button would not response. I had to hit it several times to engage. CD player skipped after 5 yrs with occasional use. The engine mounts broke twice. Around the 10th year, right after 110K, the emission control between the trunk and the gas tank failed, cost me $800 to fix. I did mostly city driving and weekend high-way driving (average around 12K/yr). Right after that, the wiring in the trunk where it went to rear brake light and stuff broke, costing +100 to fix and rerun wiring from the steering wheel to the back. Now, at 115K, the mechanic said that the inner rod end cover broke, cost around 1K to replace the whole thing; the engine block cover is leaking, costing around 1K to replace the seal.

Does not recommend this car!!

2001 Toyota Camry LE

by Just a College Kid from Cumming, GA on Sun Apr 07 2013

My Camry, while not exciting in the least, is incredibly reliable. It's built like a tank - I bought mine at 142,000 miles and have since put on about 8,000 mostly highway miles. On the highway, where I spend most of my time, the car is relatively quiet, very comfortable, and gets decent gas mileage (the worst highway mpg I recorded was 28, the highest 35, but it usually averages between 29 and 30). Around town, the four-cylinder has plenty of pep from a stoplight, but the city gas mileage is quite disappointing. The ride is very isolated and the steering is light, but it is easy to place the four corners of the cars in parking lots and on highways. The Camry is basic transportation at its best - affordable, safe, and reliable for anyone of all ages. As a college student, I might want for something with more emotional appeal, but it satisfies every rationale for purchasing a vehicle.

One owner GEM.

by Car Guy from Hammond, LA on Sat Jan 05 2013

We just bought this car from the original owner. The car was obviously well taken care of and babied by the nice older lady who owned the car. Timing belt had already been changed out and a new radiator was installed. She even gave us all the receipts. Runs and drives like new. My daughter in law should get a lot of use out of this car as she enters graduate school. I've been looking for a car like this for at least 3 months. Once in awhile, if you remain patient, you can find a GEM.

2001 Toyota Camry CE

by RomeoTRD from Delaware on Tue Jun 20 2006

I am a 21 year old college student currently and I had purchased this car new when in High School. I have never had any problems with it. I have added a few features to the car like an alarm system and new 17inch wheels among other things. In doing so I love driving my car and I hate to give it up... but I need a SUV for school and moving around that is the only reason I am selling it. I would defiantly buy one again and I am now very loyal to the Toyota name.

Another Great Toyota Family Car

by BobC from Victoria British Columbia Canada on Sun Dec 30 2012

I am in the mist of purchasing a 2001 Toyota Camry CE. If this car performes as good as my 1989 Camry,which I still have and use it as a run around car. This car has never let me down, it is the Toyota way. I love the 4 cylinder engines which are good on gas, and easy to work on if you are a do it yourselfer. I will be happy with the simple but attractive dash and controls. The trunk is very roomy and well laid out. BobC

My Camry for 11 yearsI

by fShekar from Wynnewood, PA on Tue Apr 28 2015

I brought this Camry in 2004 with 30,000 miles on it. I have been driving the car for the last 11 years and no problem. Recently I was involved in the accident as a result the front bumper was destroyed. I got the new bumper and painted. The car runs great, except for small dents, it is a great value.

Basic High Quality

by Wild Turkey from Denver, Colorado on Sat Mar 26 2016

The 2001 Camry just oozes reliability. Some of then listed on the internet have more than 200,000 miles. It's fun to drive, gets good gas mileage, is comfortable, and performs flawlessly. The V6 engine has plenty of quiet power and can handle any condition needing power.

17 years of driving the car

by Yuf from Mclean, VA on Wed Jul 25 2018

Very reliable car. Bought the car new in 2001. Drive this car for 17 years with 173k mileage and still running ok no mechanical problem. Really worth the money.

Very reliable car for years!!

by BlueMoon on Mon May 14 2018

Very comfortable. Very reliable. For years and years. Owning it for about 11 years and put a lot of miles on it, yet it still has a 28-30 mpg on highway and about 25 mpg in town.

1 2 3 4 5 6