2003 Camry

2003 Toyota Camry

2003 Toyota Camry

4.4

Have you driven the 2003 Toyota Camry?

This is my 3rd Camry

by Niky from on Wed Feb 17 2010

All of my Camry's including my 2003 which I bought brand new have been reliable and trouble free. I have been so spoiled. Toyota builds a great product. I put over 90,000 miles on my first Camry before reluctantly trading it for a new 2nd Camry (1995 model).

Y'all aren't gonna believe it! Over 330,000 miles

by Ebeth on Lilly Pad Point on Wed Aug 23 2017

4th owner. Don't know what happened to those other 3 dummies. Replaced 1 of the 2 fans up at the front, think it was about the AC. Had 129,000 miles when I got it. Replaced oil seal, big whoo! The battery x1, ha! No timing belt, tk. God, truly. Mpg 33. Real, "Heavy Metal", felt safe, come on semi..."you talking to me?" Oil changes were horrible, every 3,000 to 5,000 miles, which that totally depended on $. Man, hands down, unbelievable vehicle. Never named it either, had a name, 2003 Toyota Camry LS, 330,000+all you need to say!

one great car

by Froggo from St.Louis on Fri Jul 28 2006

The 2003 Toyota Camery 4-cyl. has plenty of power to spare for highway passing and merging.Went on three 1,000 mile trips and not one problem.We think it handles very good and very relaxing for a passenger front and back.

WOW

by Camry Girl from Noblesville, IN on Sun Mar 13 2011

I have owned 2 now working on number 3 of these cars!!! Nothing but oil changes for all of them my first one was a 1994 Camry bought it w 131.000 miles at 4500.00 best money I ever spent on a reliable car. She ran and ran until I totaled it she made it to 198.000 and still ran like a champ>>I'd still have it if the lady wouldn't have pulled out in front of me, my daughter was in the car at the time and she didn't get hurt at all thank goodness, me either besides the airbag, thanks to that car!! Now I have a 2001 shes a good one two but I wanted the 02 and up model and now i have the money so I'm going for it and I have no doubt in my mind that it will do the job and never let me down!!! The only thing I have ever had to replace on the 94 was timing belt and water pump in 5 yrs and my 01 nothing at all so far!!! Cant wait to get into the newer one!!!! I have a little 7 yr old and I don't have the time or the money to keep dumping into a car and be broke down somewhere, so trust when I say trust in the Camry!!!!

Reliability and comfort

by Car and driver from Chicago, IL on Fri Dec 31 2010

The 2003 Camry XLE marries comfort and style with Toyota's reliability. Regular maintenance ensures that this vehicle will keep going in style for hundreds of thousands of miles. Interior features that are great for this model year include heated seats, 6 way adjustable seats, CD and cassette, cruise control, daytime running lights, large trunk with split/fold rear seating and the best feature: pleanty of storage options. The exterior has updated body styling with an available spoiler. Creature features that came with later models: lumbar support, heated seats that are adjustable (high heat or low heat, back and/or seat), dual climate control and day time running lights with automatic dashboard illumination at night. This is a great model year that with proper care will bring years of driving pleasure :)

best used car

by toyota enthusiast from on Sat Jan 17 2009

best used car value on the road! I've owned Camry's for over 20 years, they never let you down. If you want safe and reliable transportation this is the car for you.

RELIABLE and we love it.

by Just Us 2 from Jacksonville, Fl. on Sat Jan 31 2015

Second Camry we have owned . Should have kept the first one , the lady I sold it to : still driving.it. Bought the 2003 on impulse and it now has 112, 000 plus we just love it. I just don't want to turn it lose. Only front brakes replaced and regular maintenance ,Going for 200.000 .

Rock Solid, Will Never Let You Down

by rainier63 from on Mon Apr 10 2017

I have almost 200k miles on my car and it has the most comfortable ride of any cars I have owned. You barely feel road imperfections, unlike my 2005 Accord where I felt everything. Great reliable car for highway cruising, it eats up miles like nothing. Much less expensive to maintain than the Accord as well. Driving in snow much better on the Camry as well. I'm really shocked at how much better this car is than it's closest competitor, at least for this generation. I wish I would've traded up a long time ago. It will never be as much fun to drive as the Accord, but with how much I'm saving now I can buy a second weekend/fun car for that.

Excellent reliability

by DBL from Philadelphia, PA on Mon Jun 26 2017

Fantastic car for the price. Extremely reliable, can last over 250k miles if properly maintained. Comfortable, simple, and overall a great car for a new or experienced driver. Great speaker system.

Trouble free car

by smtdrver from MS on Wed Jul 26 2017

Bought Camry LE used in 2005 spur of the moment. Did not plan on keeping more than 4 years, but the car has run so well and trouble free that I've can't bring myself to trade it. The car is a perfect mid-size and has great visibility (unlike many newer mid-size cars). Very safe with side airbags. If you can find one this old without crazy high miles, I recommend as a perfect starter car for a child or for someone on a tight budget.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Our Take on the 2003 Toyota Camry

LOS ANGELES

The fancy restaurants on La Brea Boulevard have a parking pecking order. High-end European metal goes up front. That means Aston Martin, Ferrari, Porsche, Mercedes-Benz, Jaguar and BMW.

Luxury Japanese cars wind up in the middle. That usually means a Lexus, or perhaps a Nissan 350Z or an Infiniti Q45.

The Americans are represented, and they are easy to find, because they are really big SUVs. They are often gloss-black Cadillac Escalade or Hummer H2 models -- and, hey, they go up front with the Europeans.

So, what is someone supposed to do with a 2003 Toyota Camry SE V-6 family sedan?

The Camry was the best-selling car in America last year. But people who eat at... Read More