Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2004 Camry Solara

2004 Toyota Camry Solara

2004 Toyota Camry Solara

5 out of 5 stars Reliability

Have You Driven the 2004 Toyota Camry Solara?

LOVE IT.

by GERBASI from PALO CEDRO, CA on Thu Jul 28 2011

BESIDES THE SEMI GIRLY APPEARANCE, IT IS A GREAT CAR! I HAVE HAD IT SINCE 2004 AND IT IS STILL RUNNING STRONG, THE MOST I HAVE HAD SPENT ON IT ON MAINTNANCE WAS REPLACING THE TIRES. THIS CAR IS A MACHINE!

A great Car, sort of a sport car

by REL from Kentucky on Mon Jan 09 2012

The Solara convertable is a quality car, like all Toyota cars. There are those who say the car is difficult to see out rear window, they are correct, but not a big deal, the rear seat head rest do not come out because that as a roll bar when top is down. The car performs wondewrfully, get good gas milage, and is fun to drive. the 2004 has a caset as well as a cd, don't thinmk the 2005 has the casett tape, had to travel 500 miles to get it would do it again

Value

by Slim from Georgia on Thu Dec 23 2010

Great car for the money! Very reliable with low operational cost. I have owned numerous Toyota's throughout the years and this has been my favorite one to drive.

A Great Purchase!

by Love my Solara! from Westport, WA on Mon Mar 05 2012

I've been looking for a car for a couple of years and I had quite a list of things that I was looking for... reliability, sporty, comfortable, good gas mileage, etc. and I was SOLD as soon as I found the Toyota Solara. I bought the car used from someone who took really good care of it, and I've throughly enjoyed it so far. It came with all the bells and whistles (except for Navigation). Everything is working great, and I plan to drive it for several more years! I'd definitely recommend the Solara to anyone looking for a quality car with a real sporty look!

Best car in 46 years of driving

by Lee from ScottsdaleNorth C on Mon Apr 25 2011

I am 62, bought my SLE new in 2004, have 103000 miles and it runs and feels brand new. I have to look for things to spend money on. Have not had to replace anything except the battery and the tires. Get 31-32 on highway, 28.4 around town. You remember that toyota commercial where they jump up and click their heals, well that's me now. I also have a 2004 Toyota 4 runner, same thing. You can't beat them. I am going to drive mine until they just won't go or they outlast me. Bet on the latter.

2004 Toyota Solara

by GoRoadTrip from Columbus, OH on Sun Aug 02 2009

Well I have owned a black 2006 Toyota SE Convertible and a 2004 Toyota 2 door SLE Coupe. Both vehicles have been a pleasurable experience. From road trips to joy riding, we enjoy the Solara models. Excellent gas mileage, especially when on cruise control. Easy maintenance, 5,000 mile oil changes really save you money! The look and feel is well worth the price tag. You can tell that this car shares the same manufacturing line as the Lexus models. We have not experienced any breakdowns or mechanical issues. Toyota dealerships are by far the most customer friendly service shops I have ever gone to. They really make you feel valuable to the Toyota family. I would recommend the Toyota Solara to anyone!

Great Car

by Texas Driver from New Braunfels, TX on Tue Jun 28 2011

I am here helping a friend look for a Solara. I bought my 2004 Solara SLE Convertible about six months ago and I love this car. Great comfort, handling, style, with a fabulous interior. I test drove a '05 Solara SE Sport Coupe and that was a dream, too - but what the heck, (and as they say) everyone should own a convertible once in their life!!!! The convertible top does limit visibility to the rear, and the blindspots are huge, so extra care is needed when driving (I've added some cool blind spot mirrors to help). I am looking forward to enjoying this amazing car for many more years!

Very good overall

by Somedude from Orlando, FL on Mon Jul 31 2006

My dad brought a 2004 Toyota Solara SE 4 cylinder with the Automatic and it rides great. Before I installed aftermarket strut bars and sway bars the vehicle has a considerable amount of body roll, but after installing the aftermarket suspension parts my car handled like a dream. Acceleration is okay, the interior is nice, looks somewhat like a lexus but without the leather seats and woodtrim. Reliability is excellent, the car hasn't broke down on me once and I go from point A to point B safetly everytime I drive the car.

One of the nicest vehicles on the road today.

by Know my cars from coarsegold, ca. on Thu Nov 11 2010

I have owned two of these autos. and they are basically a lexus in disquise but for a lot less money. Truely a work of art and performance.

Very Classy

by PrettyToez06 from Lexington, KY on Sun Sep 10 2006

I just purchased this vehicle yesterday (9-9-06) and I love it. I especially love the look of the controls deck..it is very hi-tech and silver toned. The backseats are very deep.......and the car is very roomy overall. My car is loaded too.....has a moonroof, rear spoiler, FM/AM/6 Disc CD Changer and its pearl white.

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2004 Toyota Camry Solara

Restyled coupe all show, no go

The Toyota Solara's body is stylish. Its interior is roomy and nicely finished, but the styling there is bland.

The Toyota Camry Solara sport coupe held such promise. Sharply restyled for 2004, from its cat's-eye headlights to its sculpted back end, the gleaming red Solara had the sleek look of a performance car as it glided up to the curb.

This was the top-drawer SE Sport version of Toyota's family sedan turned sports coupe, equipped with a 225-horsepower V-6 and sport-tuned suspension. So the credentials were there.

But from the first turn at the wheel, the anticipation turned to disappointment. Bland performance, dull steering, a harsh and noisy... Read More