1990 Toyota Celica

Awesome since day one.

by from VA. on January 19, 2007

I've enjoyed my GT since purchased at 3 yo. 14 years and 192k (60k when I purchased) miles have made me even more determined to keep it up and in great shape. Repairs have really been minimal. Now its time to go through and replace the worn parts that lasted the last 17 years. Only repairs so far are 2 (plus 1 before I bought) timing belts, water pump the second time. 2 sets of front breaks, rotors and bearings the second time. Both axles at that time too. 1 piece of exaust just after header. Tune up almost 100k miles ago. 4th set of tires were added several months ago. Still on second battery just waiting for that to fail at more than 10yo. How could anyone complain. This year my goals are paint, suspension rest of front end, radiator and hoses (heater hoses original). Looking to add options that are factory but not original to my car already have 2 '92 15" Toyota alloy wheels 2 to go. Still getting 30+ MPG after all these miles. OH what a feeling TOYOTA.

love my celica

by from cottage grove, OR on February 20, 2010

best money i ever spent this car just goes and goes i have done minor work to it fluids and hoes replacments nothing serious it the best money i ever spent

Great value for the price

by from Williamsburg, VA on August 5, 2010

Low miles for a 20 year old car, good reliability, more of a 2 seater even though has 4 belts. Got at an independent dealer. Clean. Tired of sinking buckets of cash on transportation? Live simply!

My first and hopfully only car i ever own

by from Curryville, MO on June 15, 2011

I bought this car back when I was in college when it just came out, and 20 years later it's still going strong! It's no Ferrari but it defiantly suits my needs. It just glides down the road and around turns like its nothing. I'm going to hate to have to get rid of it when it finally quits.

best car ever

by from normal, il on September 27, 2007

this is the best car ever made. i own the gt version. for being a 17 year old car and over 100k miles on it, it is still a reliable car with a lot of power.

Our Expert Review: 1990 Toyota Celica