1992 Celica

1992 Toyota Celica

5 out of 5 stars Value for the Money

Have you driven the 1992 Toyota Celica?

Good Gas Milage Most Reliable Car Ever

by Johnny Boy from Philadelphia, PA on Fri Jul 20 2007

My 1992 Celica Has almost 200,000 Miles and still running strong with no rust or problems. Car has great AC and I will never give it up. I plan to put almost 300,000 on this puppy. She has never left me hangin and loves to go on long trips. I once had the speedometer stop working but was a easy fix I just had to replace the speedometer cable.

The best surprise I ever chose.

by Good MPG lover. from Venice, FL on Sat Jul 16 2011

I used to drive by a car lot and kept looking at that low cute car, wondering what is that car? well, I stopped in to see, took her for a test drive and been loving her ever since. I laugh at new car commercials boasting of their good mileage because i've been getting better on this old gem all along. Recently checked MPG on a road trip and it was in the mid 40's HWY miles. i bought with 183k miles and now at 308k and runs fine. I did have to replace the main seal last yr but cheaper than buying another car!! and all the $ i save on gas will pay me back. Bet it's the best Toyota model ever.

Celica GT-S

by Car Enthusiast from United States on Tue Apr 06 2010

I have owned a 1992 Celica GT-S for the last 5 years and still love it to this day. I haven't had any major problems with mine, and it's now an eighteen year old car! I live in Michigan, one of the worst road states in the country, and have still avoided major problems. With nothing but minor maintenance done, this car has survived in excellent condition. Mine has around 120,000 miles on it, and it runs like new. I have seen other '92 Celica's with upwards of 390,000 miles who run like new. All you should need to do is change the oil every once in a while and it will run like new. This is a great first car, with a lot of (for it's time) revolutionary items. Power windows, locks, mirrors, sunroof, and temperature sensitive climate control to name a few. I rated the performance a 4 because though it is quicker than your average 30MPG vehicle, it is still slower than I would like. Very stylish and comfortable for driver and one passenger, however if you plan on utilizing the back seats, you better be transporting small children or your passengers will be uncomfortable due to the crammed conditions... Overall, an excellent choice for those who want the sports car look and comfort, without spending the money on something a bit quicker.

Best Car I've owned.

by Airfell from Kansas City, MO on Sun Oct 02 2011

I got one of these used from a college student, it had about 225,000 miles on it when I got it. I would take bets the previous owner had driven it hard, but after replacing the clutch and valve seals (was leaking a bit) it has been the best car I ever owned after having several Honda and Mitsubishi's. Its just more fun to drive, its easy to work on and upgrade parts for, the interior fits me perfectly (I'm 5'7 though), and it looks where way ahead of its time. I ended up handing it down to a friend of the family who is also upgrading it farther from where I had it. These things last forever. Just watch out for the speeding tickets :P

Great Car!

by clearskline from Chicago,il on Fri Jul 29 2011

This is one of the best cars actually it is the best most fun exciting car I have owned. It is easy to drive and handels well. I get compliments all the time. Everyone seems to really like this car. It looks great and is so reliable.

Great condition for 1992!

by cescudder from Columbia, MD on Wed May 30 2018

I am only the 2nd owner of this car, garage-kept for the last 7 yrs. Top, tires and clutch in great shape. AC, Stereo/CD. power top - everything works!

I ALMOST PASSED THIS CAR BY.

by ANG from OHIO on Wed Mar 14 2012

I PURCHASED THIS VEHICLE 5 YEARS AGO.. I CALLED IT MY KICK-IT CAR. IT'S SPORTY & EXCELLENT ON GAS. I'M STILL AMAZED ON TRUNK SPACE. I'VE MADE A FEW REPAIRS, BUT WHAT DO EXPECT FOR A CAR TWENTY YRS OLD.. STILL RUN GOOD!