2000 ECHO

2000 Toyota ECHO

$470 - $6,610  MSRP Range
2000 Toyota ECHO

4.5

Have You Driven the 2000 Toyota ECHO?

My second Echo

by Swagger from Carthage, MO on Tue May 08 2012

These cars are the best designed "econo-boxes" of the past 15 years. Lots of interior storage, killer gas mileage, and great pick-up. No irritations or dissatisfaction for me. I would still have my 1st one if not for a sleepy trucker.

Great first car

by 4L3C from on Fri Dec 20 2013

I bought my ECHO for $2,000 with 126,000 miles on it, and it hasn't stopped getting its high MPG. While mine gets 40 city/45 highway I fill up about every 10-11 days driving about 24-30 miles a day. When it comes to the winter it 's decent. It being a light car makes it difficult to make it up a poorly plowed road. Overall it's a nice little car.

Excellent Car!

by Twigsoffury from Oklahoma City OK on Sun Dec 28 2008

After getting past its Small size. It's really to me a nice car. I happened to purchase one almost " Fully loaded" So alot of Features. Alot of Storage for the size. Dual Glove boxes, Center cubby holes and trays under the front seats. at 159,000K the car still runs fine. 92 octane @100% pure gasoline sees me 43-44mpg on average. 87 octane 10% ethanol sees me 37-40mpg on average. Has a handy overdrive switch on the gear selector. Helps alot with Highway on-ramps or fighting other toy yodas. Has a ridiculous Turning Radius. the manual says 26 feet. I think it's less. It's a Stiff chassis and responds quickly to input. It performs well under stress with a good set of tires. Braking Distance 65mph - 0mph is something you should witness. If I had to complain I'd say Steering becomes Feathery at high speeds and understeer can be quite severe depending on your speed. But It's not a Sports car. and it does Extremely well at everyday Driving. With a good driver the car will surely bail you out of tight spots and dangerous situations on the highway or street with it great Handling characteristics. There are "kits" to convert these cars into Hybrids. They

Amazing Car!!!!!!!

by Alarm Guy from on Mon Nov 07 2011

I bought mine with 50,000 miles on it and have since put on another 250,000 on it. I own a small alarm company and I bought this car to save gas on service calls. I drive about 200 miles a day and this car has never broken down and saved me thousands on gas. I have only had to replace the fuel pump once and the struts a few times as I carry a lot of weight in tools and ladders. This is the most reliable car I have ever seen. Toyota was crazy when they decided to stop making the ECHO.

Best investment ever

by Derfman from Central Florida on Tue Apr 21 2009

I bought this car used in 2005 with 115,000 miles on it. Since then I've put on another 120,000 of my own delivering Pizzas. ONLY repairs have been clutch at 210,000 miles and the fan for the A/C has died, probably my fault for not knowing the filter for the cabin was behind the glove box and not changing it till it was completely decayed. I get 34-40 MPG depending on running the A/C, which still works, just no fan, and the outside temp, cold is better. Huge trunk suprises everyone that sees it. Has been a life saver in my buisness with the high fuel prices. Best part is I could actually sell it for a profit because of the great deal I got on it. But I just don't want to be without it.

1st Toyota I've Owned

by echoist from boston, ma on Wed Sep 02 2009

Ok , it's good, cheap and very very economic.A lso it has a nice look and I just like it and my son does too

This car keeps going and going

by Bear from Pa on Sun Jan 30 2011

This car has impressed me to say the least. The way I drive and amount of miles I do a year kill most cars in a very short time. This car has been in two accidents and has 250k miles on it with no signs of stopping. The check engine light has been on for ever too. The only thing I had to change on this car is oil, tires and breaks. It's so light and simple there just isnt much to break. When ever it decides to die I will run right out and get the same one or it's replacement Yaris.

Dependability and Economy!

by SJ from LA, CA on Mon Mar 16 2009

We bought our 2000 Toyota ECHO as a pre-owned vehicle (with under 100 miles) in 2002 for $12,000 out-the-door. It now (2009) has almost 160,000 miles, and we have had virtually no problems. It's a manual transmission and gets nearly 37-40mpg (even around town and with A/C running)! We have traveled all over the western U.S., even with a family of four and all our luggage. (We're a close family!) We just bought an 07 Yaris, hoping that it will follow in the ECHO's tiny carbon footsteps!

I love it.

by berto from Amston,CT on Tue Feb 22 2011

Parts are cheap, reliable, economy, I can find a parking easier, not crazy technology that i have to deal with it, $30 weekly to fill the tank, regular gasoline and more money in my pocket.I can not complain about it, i going to keep it until the body fall apart.

What I Think

by Examiner from on Thu Nov 06 2008

This is a very dry and barebone car. It comes with very little, even lacking a clock. Due to its small size, it handles great and on the manuel version it can actually burn rubber. With its total size and engine size, it feels like driving a go-kart. But it is very efficient and in the 8 years of owning it, it has only needed the AC to be recharged and a new battery. So if you want a cheap car for 'point a to point b', then I'd recommend this car.

1 2 3