2004 ECHO

3.6 out of 5 starsComfort
3.8 out of 5 starsPerformance
3.8 out of 5 starsInterior Design

All Reviews

UNBELIEVABLE MILES PER GALLON.

by BEIZE BABY from WASHINGTON, PA on January 29, 2010

I HAV HAD PURCHASED A USED ECHO BEFORE AND TRADED IN ON A NEW VEHICLE AND FOR A YEAR AND HALF WANTED TO KICK MYSELF IN THE BEHIND FOR TRADING THE ECHO IN. THE MPG WAS UNBELIEVABLE FOR A NON HYBRID.IF TOYOTA HAD EVER MADE ANY BAD DECISIONS BEFORE THIS WAS ONE OF THEM TO STOP MAKING THE ECHO LINE.THE INSIDE IS SPARTEN AND THE RIDE AND COMFORT IS A LITTLE MEDIORCE AT BEST, BUT THE DEPENDABILITY AND MPG IS AT THE TOP OF IT'S CLASS ON THIS LEVEL OF VEHICLES BEING SOLD FROM ALL MANUFACTER'S.I LOOKED FOR MONTHS FOR ANOTHER ECHO AND FINALLY FOUND ONE 300 MILES AWAY AND WENT AND PURCHASED IT. THIS ONE WILL STAY IN THE HOUSE HOLD UNTIL IT DIES. AT 80,000 MILES THIS ECHO ISN'T HALF THRU IT'S LIFE.AT THE GAS STATION PEOPLE COME UP TO ME AND ASK ME MANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE ECHO.MPG IS THE FIRST ASKED AND DEPENDABILITY IS THE NEXT, AND THE THIRD IS WOULD YOU BE WILLING TO SELL IT. ANSWER NO!!!! I NEED NOT SAY MORE. HAVE A GREAT DAY.

Love this car!

by conserve fossil fuel from Kelowna BC on October 6, 2007

as a middle aged student on a budget with two kids in Oregon, I need economy...the Echo provides that...since hybrids are so expensive, I chose to purchase an Echo because of the excellent gas mileage. The deceptively small size is perfect as well...oodles of head room even for my 6'4" son! The 5 speed manual transmission shifts well and the car is responsive to shifting, acceleration, and decelerates beautifully. I love this little car!

18 years of total reliability

by The Black Fox from Silsbee, Tx on October 20, 2017

My wife brought our 2000 Toyota with her when I married her. The car is a bit older than our marriage, and has been a stalwart for us throughout. Only thing I've ever done to it was $1800 to get the AC fully replaced when it died after 13 years. I haven't even taken the best of care of it, to be honest, and 239,000 miles and still going, still getting >30 mpg; as much as 35 if I baby it (which doesn't happen often). No timing belt to replace every 60k miles, no tranny fluid to replace (the dipstick says it is supposed to last the life of the car, and when I told my dad that and a few mechanics they all said well, i'dve changed it at 100k, but since you have that many miles on it I'd leave it alone now". Very low maintenance, high reward car. If you can find an Echo with low miles on it that has had reasonable care taken of it, highly recommend. I will be looking that direction once I have to start putting our 4 kids into cars - and our old Echo will be going to the first kid!

Very Reliable Car

by College Driver from Chicago,IL on February 26, 2007

The Toyota ECHO has been a very reliable car for me. For being a subcompact car it has a lot of space. The centered gauge did bother me at the beginning but now I find it extremely convenient. It is an overall great car which gives you the value for your money. The car is so small I hardly ever have trouble finding parking, but I still have enough room to constantly move back home from school. It is also very fuel efficient and saves you a lot of gas money. As a college student it is a convenience and satisfaction to own this car.

basic car, but great car

by thebarber from grand rapids, MI on November 28, 2017

i love my little RS. light weight and 5 speed manual makes 106hp seem snappy. versatile hatchback design. super reliable AND parts are cheap.