2003 Toyota Highlander consumer reviews

$23,880–$26,960 MSRP range
side view of 2003 Highlander Toyota
Explore the 2003 Toyota Highlander
Shop the 2003 Toyota Highlander

Best car I’ve ever owned...and I’ve had a few!

This car will not die! Best engine/transmission Toyota ever made. So many still on the road today. I hate letting it go, but hope someone will be able to enjoy it for many years like I did.

Great car

This car lasted us a long enough time but it did have a minor/ majorish problem that we couldn’t really ever fix without it breaking again. That would be he head gasket. It blew multiple times around the 140,000 mile mark which is unfortunate because it’s a Toyota and it’s supposed to be the best brand in terms of reliability.

Most reliable car I have owned and extremely safe

This car has been a wonderful car to me and my family. Tons of room, great comfort and drives very smoothly. This car will go for another 100K miles. Highly recommend purchasing this car or a like it.

Reliable for a College Student

This car was given to me by my mom when I got my license, I’ve had it with me for about a year and a half now! We are a family of all Toyota’s and these prove to be very reliable. I have about 290,000 miles on it now since we bought it used. I haven’t had many issues other than having to replace the catalytic converters a few months back. Gas is pretty good considering it being a mid size SUV- I only have to fill up once a week or once every two weeks depending on usage. However, now that it’s over 250,000 I am getting slightly concerned of life expectancy on this vehicle. I’m not to keen on wanting to get rid of it yet, but I would like answers to that question if able. I want to know if anybody has ran it past this and still has it in good condition!

Very Reliable. Never left me stranded

This car has been in my family since new. My daughter took it to Flagstaff for 5 years. With the AWD it was easy getting around in the snow. All its ever needed was oil changes, brakes, tires and wiper blades. If you take care of these cars they will take care of you.

4.4

oh so nice.

we bought it with 130000 on it for 6000 dollars have put 1600 in it so far we just love driving every where i,m hopeing it will go another 100000 mi.such a good ride and handles great.

Its the best vehicle i have ever owned!

I really enjoy my Highlander its very reliable it has great control as i love the mountains and the drive up Ogden canyon has alot of winding roads so its awsome i love my highlander.

Best used car I've ever bought, hands down.

This car was my wife's daily driver for almost 10 years. It never let us down. I entrusted this car to take my wife and kids anywhere and everywhere.

one of the best ever..other car is 2004 toyota Ava

comfortable ride, decent gas mileage, great manuevrable agility, smooth shifting and smooth engine, great vehicle, easy controls, great visibility, simple dashboard, cleans up well, good paint job

All around winner

We purchased this Highlander in 2002 and have 267000 miles on it. It has always been one of our favorites. Even though we own several newer vehicles we often drive the Highlander and are only getting rid of it because we have too many vehicles. We just drove it to Southern California 1,000 miles round trip and love it.