2006 Toyota Matrix consumer reviews

$15,260–$17,795 MSRP range
side view of 2006 Matrix Toyota
Explore the 2006 Toyota Matrix

We have loved this car.

This is really a great car and has served us so well. We were going to drive it until it died (a long way off) but got a deal on a family member's car that I could not pass up. The car has a huge cargo area with the seats folded flat. It has great visibility and is a pleasure to drive. Reliable and in excellent condition. I have service records from Day 1 of owning it.

Very Reliable Car

This car meets all of my needs. It is great for transporting large items and/or going on roadtrips. It is very reliable and has not failed me once. It is worth every penny

Most reliable car I have owned

This was last year of AWD in a Matrix. I was able to drive through 9-11” of snow to get to work. The transmission went out and repair shop quoted $4500 to repair . I donated the car and proceeds went to Iowa Public Radio. Have to admit I shed a few tears when she hauled away.

Most realobol car to own.

This car is safe and have safte airbages on oll sieds.more spase in front and back.interior is coll too .6sidi changer and interior is good looking with liets on.

Best car ever, never any problems! So reliable!

Love the Matrix, got sport package and she looks sharp. Sun roof and low bumpers makes a good appearance. Still looks new! This is my 6th Toyota. Can't beat them! When my friend's cars are in the shop, I m off to Vegas! 150,000 miles and still flying!

Take a beating and come back for more

Wicked reliable car. I have owned two and they are the most durable cars money can buy. She’s low on power, no frills on the interior, but she’s a functional rig, not a pretty one. She’ll take a beating on the rough off road trails and gets through fine with FWD. First matrix had near 1,000,000KM (600,000Mi) and still went like hell. If you’re looking for a car that could potentially last you a lifetime, look no further.

Best car i have ever owned

Needed a car for work and for bad weather and this car meets all my needs. Drives great handles well even in bad weather. Plenty of room. Get great gas mileage. Would definitely recommend to other people

3.7

Predictably good little Toyota

Bought it with 105k miles, downsizing to a small wagon from a midsize sedan. After 2+ months, no problems. A very good commuter car. Sits higher than the typical Corolla (which it's based on), and has good headroom. That's very comfy for a taller driver. Didn't realize it was an AWD model until emissions inspection. I'll see how I appreciate when we get more snow. I'm used to a 3.5L V6, so accelerationn is fair at best, but other than some on-ramps, it's adequate. Hatch /trunk is smaller than I like, but it's a small car and the ability to fold down rear and passenger seats is great for fitting 2x4s and the like. Not a fan of high shoulders at windows, and I like the look of its GM cousin (Pontiac Vibe) better. Pet peeve: The cupholder console area seems poorly designed. It sits too far back for easy reach from front seats.

One of the Most Reliable car on the market

Terrific car, fuel efficient, nice driving, roomy highly recommend this nicely styled car. Large enough to carry lots of stuff and seats up to five people, cruise control, CD player, power windows

lowest mileage

This car met my needs. It runs 15mph city to 33 mpg highway, repair and mileage history available. Clean, comfortable.