2011 Toyota Matrix Consumer Reviews

4.5
Average based on 4 reviews

S time

by from New York on March 23, 2013

Reliable but no power. Refined over the last generation Matrix that being more solid, softer ride and more standard features. 1.8liter is surprisingly not a gas miser and lacks power. The 2.4 is much worst on fuel savings and the additional horsepower has little substance. Looks good, insurance saver, great resale value and trips to the garage will be for regular maintenance purposes only. Vast amount of cargo room (go with after market roof racks as factory roof racks obstruct opening of hatch if anything is placed on them. Leafs and such accumulate in the under hood catch basin and leads to annoying rattles. In addition to annoying rattles, passenger seat warning alert goes off for several seconds when passenger seat is vacated. Passenger belt will also twist and rattles against A pillar which is also a nuisance. Driver seat creeps down mysteriously and needs to be re adjusted regularly. I'd still put up with all these little vices knowing that the Toyota Matrix will not let me down due to a mechanical or electrical failure.

Love this car

by from Westerlo, NY on May 17, 2011

The most comfortable and reliable car I havr ever owned. Very good gas mielage for an all wheel drive vehical. Go anywhare in the winter with confidence.

Dependable

by from New Hampshire on July 7, 2011

I got my matrix new in the spring of 04. I now have 200,000 miles on it and it's still going strong! I've had minimal repairs on it, just the wear and tear problems like breakes, belts, spark plugs and tires. I still have the original fuel pump and starter, that's how reliable it is. Not as peppy as it used to be, but i've never been stranded on the side of the road. Plenty of room in the back for the kids to sit comfortably, and a good amount of cargo space. All in all this is a great family car! Very reliable!

First AWD car I have owned

by from Selinsgrove, NY on December 26, 2011

First AWD car I have owned--had 2 Toyota Corolla's before. They got better gas. This reides better. Am anxious to test in Winter driving which is why i bought the car. Have only had it four months.