2000 Toyota MR2 Consumer Reviews

2000 Toyota Mr 2
Average based on 5 reviews

Half price boxster

by from Hernando Fl. on March 22, 2011

My wife said no motorcycle, so i got the next best thing, a go cart. The handling and brakes are superb. I never get bored with it's looks. The interior is a bit dated and shows some cost cutting. I've had the car since 11/04 and ALWAYS enjoy starting it up and hitting the road. Other then the check engine light being on for about 5 yrs. for an O2 sensor, nothing has gone wrong. I've never been under 30mpg for a tankful and thats running regular fuel. I plan on keeping it as long as possible for my weekend guilty pleasure.

Great bang for the buck

by from Southeast Michigan on November 24, 2010

I purchased my spyder for the sole purpose of reworking the engine to make it a true performer. All reviews that I read about it were extremely favorable as a roadster. The only negative was that Toyota designed it to just barely surpass the Miata in perfomance. Its weight, braking, comfort is excellent for any price range. I had mine professionally tuned to 400 bhp and all I can say is WOW! Its breaking, handling, and now exceleration is excellent. For bigger individuals, getting in and out of the vehicle could be difficult, especially if one is not very flexible, but the car is very comfortable once in place. It is not a utility vehicle. If you are looking for a nice looking, excellent handling roadster, at least test drive this car. I'm sure you will like it. You might even love it.

Wonder weekender..

by from Glen Ellyn, Il on August 9, 2013

Finally found a fun car. This was a find that is very rare, but it can happen to find a older car with low miles and in excellent condition.

2000 MR2 Spyder

by from Vancouver, BC on January 9, 2012

Parts VERY difficult to get in Canada. Dealers don't carry and auto shops don't carry a lot of the parts either. Poor reliability on parts - replacing Fuel pump and passneger side window motor. OEM parts are $500 and $800. Great little car bu expensive to keep up

Most Reliable Car I've Owned

by from New York, NY on October 8, 2007

SOOOOO Reliable. I Love it. I want to keep it sooooooooooo bad. It accerlerates sooooooo fast. The price should be soooooooooo much higher.