2003 MR2

2003 Toyota MR2

2003 Toyota MR2

5 out of 5 stars Reliability

Have You Driven the 2003 Toyota MR2?

Looks more exotic than it is

by Grumpy from Charleston, SC on Fri Dec 14 2007

The MR2 is an outstanding value. Blending exceptional weight/hp ratio with eye catching exterior styling. The mid-engine makes for near perfect weight distribution. While it corners like it's on rails, watch out on wet roads. Girls and women always want rides even from a balding middle aged guy with a beer belly and wedding ring. Even my teenaged son's friends want me to drive them around earning me a 'cool dad' title. The limited number produced means you seldom see more than 1 in a parking lot. The roof goes up and down quickly. On the down side, as the front and rear tires are different sizes, typical tire rotation doesn't work. You can also find yourself having to order the tires. If you've picked up a nail, you could have a problem. I've had roadsters since my '77 MG. The MR2 has styling, handling and reliability that makes it a great deal.

hot

by sosclaude from montreal,canada on Tue Apr 17 2012

this is my second mr2 i wanted a semi auto but needed the six speed cause i do a lot of highway these cars handle like theay are go carts each curve is pure adrenalyn rush toyota reliability and esae of maintenance have convinced me too bad for my porsche but i do not have the patience to deal with such a picky and expensive third vehicle

Fantastic

by Ms2 from FL on Tue Aug 31 2010

This car will turn a corner and heads very quickly. MR2 was thought to be Midship Runabout, at least that is what is says on my car. If you can find one buy it and enjoy. Reliabilty can't be beat and it is great on gas. Whoever said money can't buy you love.... well they haven't owed an MR2.

My favorite car!

by Airmail from Columbia, SC on Sat Jul 19 2008

This car is a wonderful blend of power, economy and style. Total strangers wave & tell how much they like it. It has a very 'Top shelf' appeal and attitude about it... people assume you have money. I can pull into the no parking lane at any store, park with the top down, and never have any trouble. I just smile and wave to people on the way out.

Mr2 Spyder 2003

by Pierrerialta from Joliette, Quebec, CANADA on Sat Mar 05 2011

Best exotic sport car for low money. Driven since one year without any problem. Cheap on gaz. Show over 120 000 miles and run like new. Remember, it's a Toyota.

Top shelf performance at a budget price

by Spyderman from Vail, AZ on Fri Sep 25 2009

Inside the cabin the fit is not unlike a T shirt that is slightly snug. The handling and performance on anything from a twisting mountain road to freeway blasting or city cruising in this head turner must be experienced. The top drops easily if you are inclined to catch some rays while cruising. The mid engine design and low center of gravity makes the car corner as if on rails. I have not yet been able to make the rear end loose grip on dry pavement when turning hard and fast. Could use about 20 more horse power, but I find if I rev mine up over 4000 rpms when shifting, it is still pretty fast because it is so light. I call it my poor mans Porsche.

Totally reliable best ever car

by Weeksy from United Kingdom on Sat Jun 30 2007

Handles the road great the car is co comftable and never had any trouble the engineering of it. This car would last me for a good 10years. Would definetly buy another. 10/10

Exotic car? Or not?

by Harold 270hp from Woodbine ks on Wed Jan 21 2015

I got an 03 MR2 in the middle of my senior year. My dad had the first gen when I was a kid and i fell in love then, then he got the 03 and being a in my teens seeing this car I wished I could just drive it. I drove it my whole senior year and I don't see why people think that it won't beat other cars because I raced so many kids and I just spanked them. Yes my car had some performance put into it but they're light weight and fast. I have never drove a car that has compared to the joy that this car has. I am young and I don't really need storage so I just put subs in the compartment behind the seats and I have people looking my way everywhere I go. Instead of the stock hp I have upgraded it to around 270 hp after a few parts but as it is right now I put mustangs to shame. I'm in the military and I left my car at home and I miss it everyday. But when I get back I hope to get it around 650 hp and it will blow away pretty much anything I race. This car isn't hard to do work to at all some things are pricy like tires but I run two types of tires so I can get more traction for hammering around corners. If you're looking for a car that you just want to have fun in and have a daily driver this car will do anything you want. You have the ability to have a fun cruiser to a car that can go really fast if you put the time and effort into it. I have no complaints about this car because it's my over sized go cart and who doesn't want that and I'm 6'2 and I fit just fine in it

Best car I've ever owned.

by Trader from Cincinnati, OH on Sat Jan 24 2009

By far the favorite of any car I've ever owned. Superb handling. The low-slung body makes the car feel faster than it is. The 138 hp engine is plenty of go-go for a car that weighs less than a ton. I've been able to squeeze 39 mpg out of it driving conservatively. It's also a much better fit for a big-guy like me than a narrower car like a Miata or S2000. The only down-sides are that the rear engine makes it tricky on wet roads and limits the useful cargo space. If you're looking for a fun summer weekend driver this gets an A+.

Really Cool Car

by Cybastyen from Atlanta on Fri Aug 06 2010

I've now owned my Spyder for a little over four months now. It has been a great car. Excellent on gas, unique, very low to maintain & handles like a dream. I truly love my poor man's Porsche!!

1 2 3