2003 Toyota Mr 2

Looks more exotic than it is

by from Charleston, SC on December 14, 2007

The MR2 is an outstanding value. Blending exceptional weight/hp ratio with eye catching exterior styling. The mid-engine makes for near perfect weight distribution. While it corners like it's on rails, watch out on wet roads. Girls and women always want rides even from a balding middle aged guy with a beer belly and wedding ring. Even my teenaged son's friends want me to drive them around earning me a 'cool dad' title. The limited number produced means you seldom see more than 1 in a parking lot. The roof goes up and down quickly. On the down side, as the front and rear tires are different sizes, typical tire rotation doesn't work. You can also find yourself having to order the tires. If you've picked up a nail, you could have a problem. I've had roadsters since my '77 MG. The MR2 has styling, handling and reliability that makes it a great deal.

My favorite car!

by from Columbia, SC on July 19, 2008

This car is a wonderful blend of power, economy and style. Total strangers wave & tell how much they like it. It has a very 'Top shelf' appeal and attitude about it... people assume you have money. I can pull into the no parking lane at any store, park with the top down, and never have any trouble. I just smile and wave to people on the way out.

Fantastic

by from FL on August 31, 2010

This car will turn a corner and heads very quickly. MR2 was thought to be Midship Runabout, at least that is what is says on my car. If you can find one buy it and enjoy. Reliabilty can't be beat and it is great on gas. Whoever said money can't buy you love.... well they haven't owed an MR2.

hot

by from montreal,canada on April 17, 2012

this is my second mr2 i wanted a semi auto but needed the six speed cause i do a lot of highway these cars handle like theay are go carts each curve is pure adrenalyn rush toyota reliability and esae of maintenance have convinced me too bad for my porsche but i do not have the patience to deal with such a picky and expensive third vehicle

This car turns heads

by from Alpharetta, GA on June 4, 2011

If you're considering buying this car, do it! You will not be disappointed. I get complements on her all the time, and cause there's not a million of them on the road you'll probably be the only one in your city driving one. Only down side, super expensive insurance.

Top shelf performance at a budget price

by from Vail, AZ on September 25, 2009

Inside the cabin the fit is not unlike a T shirt that is slightly snug. The handling and performance on anything from a twisting mountain road to freeway blasting or city cruising in this head turner must be experienced. The top drops easily if you are inclined to catch some rays while cruising. The mid engine design and low center of gravity makes the car corner as if on rails. I have not yet been able to make the rear end loose grip on dry pavement when turning hard and fast. Could use about 20 more horse power, but I find if I rev mine up over 4000 rpms when shifting, it is still pretty fast because it is so light. I call it my poor mans Porsche.

Mr2 Spyder 2003

by from Joliette, Qu├ębec, CANADA on March 5, 2011

Best exotic sport car for low money. Driven since one year without any problem. Cheap on gaz. Show over 120 000 miles and run like new. Remember, it's a Toyota.

Slip into a dream

by from Reston, VA on May 28, 2007

Okay, so I wanted an Spyder since I first saw an early announcement for the vehicle. I drug my wife to multiple dealerships over the years, trying to convince her that this was the practical convertible that we both wanted. Finallly, we found a used 2003 MR2 Spyder with less than 5,000 miles and in a weak moment she agreed to buy it. This car is amazing, turn the key and the engine kicks into action. The manual transmission is smooth, but the overall handling is what makes the car so driveable. Each time we take the car for a spin it is like slipping into a dream. There is nothing like taking this car for drive under the stars on a hot summer night. This car is a head turner, most of the comments we get are from women, but the solar yellow color catches everyones attention. I just wish I had money and garage space for a black one too!

Totally reliable best ever car

by from United Kingdom on June 30, 2007

Handles the road great the car is co comftable and never had any trouble the engineering of it. This car would last me for a good 10years. Would definetly buy another. 10/10

Really Cool Car

by from Atlanta on August 6, 2010

I've now owned my Spyder for a little over four months now. It has been a great car. Excellent on gas, unique, very low to maintain & handles like a dream. I truly love my poor man's Porsche!!

Similar Models

Select up to three models to compare with the 2003 toyota mr2

You have selected maximum of 3 cars

Remove one of these cars to add others or compare the below cars now.