1997 Toyota Paseo

More than THE "bucket list-mobile"!

by from Evansville, Indiana on February 22, 2013

At 63, I'm looking ahead (gulp!), for economy, safety, comfort and especially good safe FUN. I got a red "97 convertible, 105,000 miles "old" and a hoot! It's a real sports car, with well-matched power and it "runs on a rail. The convertibles have enhanced rear stability (less lean) and I am tempted to add a front tower strut so it will drive like a go-kart. So far, for a total of $550 I have put in racing seats with 4 point harnesses (seat belts) and you don't waste any energy keeping your posture as you zoom around. A roll bar is next, to make it super safe (and even more cool looking). Forget about the "babe-magnet" stuff. I'm having enough fun already!

incredible value for a 15 y-o car

by from Saskatchewan, Canada on November 27, 2012

Great body styling for a compact, it is remarkably up-to-date, nobody knows it is 15 years old. Pro's: Lovely body design with spoiler, 5 speed with plenty of pep in lower gears in & around the city, terrific gas mileage, no rust, at 155k's clutch and transmission are smooth. Starts reliably in very cold weather. I am very satisfied. Cons:Rear seating is cramped, front seats are low slung, not for older adults but support is good. Slight rattle from somewhere, seat belt light blinks on. No cruise, no s'roof, no biggie!

What a great toy!

by from on May 22, 2010

Just got a 97 Paseo convertible - in 2010. Has been a great little car, fun to drive, gas saver. Reminds me of my MGB - except it actually starts when I want it to!