1992 Toyota Previa

Would give reliability more stars if available

by from Columbus, Ohio on July 12, 2017

I purchased this van used in 2007 with 225K miles on her for 1,400 bucks.. At the time the AC didn't work, there was an issue with the clutch slipping and it needed tires and brakes. It was purchased to use as a service vehicle in NYC, where typically you don't buy cars that you like.. It was a funky design, easy to see out of, and comfortable to sit in traffic with.. (More so once i fixed the AC) What i replaced was the SADs for the AC.. Bought 4 new tires (Bought more tires than i can count) bought a new clutch (actually did a new clutch 4 times) did an oil change (every 3K miles) and did the brakes.. (every 80k miles) Once i did that stuff i expected it to last about year.. maybe less due to the harsh traffic and road conditions in NYC.. I had owned multiple GM, Dodge, and Fords.. Nothing lasted nearly as long as the Toyota.. Well nearly 5 years later and a total of 965K miles it was still running fine.. when it was rear-ended and dubbed by the insurance company a total Loss.. I ended up driving it to the salvage yard.. it was the best vehicle i have ever owned.. and i wish i could find another base model manual transmission Previa.. (totaled the insurance write off was 900.00)

Best thing I've ever had!

by from Oklahoma on January 13, 2013

I can't imagine why they stopped bringing them to the states, but still sell them new in Europe? I've found 4 over the years, and was never dissapointed with one of them. Looking for another right now! They had 1 recall in the beginning! A spring in the drink tray. That's why you see so many with a drink tray that sticks out about a half an inch. So many people didn't take it back in to have it replaced.

Love it!!

by from Mesa AZ on March 7, 2010

This is my 3rd Previa van I've had a 91' 95' and now I own a 92'. I sold the other two because we we're moving out of state. I really love this van. It drives like no other. I love the way you sit up higher than newer vans. I will drive this one until it falls apart. I totally recommend this van. If you put a little work into fixing them up (older ones with higher miles) them you will have a reliable car forever!!

Previa's beat all minivans

by from Washington DC on November 28, 2009

I've owned my '92 for 15 years. The reliability of this vehicle is second to none. Drives great, out-handles my Highlander, comfortable on long trips. All you need to do is follow the maintenance schedule and it will last forever.

Very reliable and practical car

by from Canton on December 7, 2008

Rides like a car, tight steering radius, easy to see out of, and to park. Has a tremendous amount of interior storage. Extremely versatile, seats flip up quickly to store large items. Very reliable, will run forever as long as you change the oil. Good gas mileage. Whats not to love?

this car is a bad one

by from Ohoi on May 25, 2008

wI have a mini van like this a the asteering just stoped working good. Also there has been a lot of problems with it thruogh the years.

Toyota van-the best made...very little maintenance

by from Milwaukee WI on September 25, 2006

I love the Toyota Previa for its comfort, low maintenance, great gas mileage, dependability and luxury