2013 Prius

4.8 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Smart Car

by Yogini from Boston on July 19, 2013

My Prius 3 is a dream come true. My initial motivation was ecomonic, fantastic gas mileage 48/50 and with the price of gas continuing to rise I could not have made a better choice. I have only owned my Prius for 2 weeks and am a novice at all of its features. Bluetooth, Satelite radio, GPS Navigation and more. It is also bigger than my Corolla LE which was a surprise to me. The pick up is a bit slow, but you have the option to switch to Power mode which helps this. I have used just over 1/4 tank of gas with a fair amount of driving. The electric engine can be set to ECO in traffic and stop and go driving which prevents you from using gas. I could not have been more presently surprised with my new Prius

Traded in the Cmax for this

by Phillyburbs from Phila, PA on September 18, 2013

We had purchased a Ford Cmax based on the 47/47/47 mpg claims at the time. Because of problems and never getting above 37 mpg, and a safety recall we decided on the Prius level 3. We could not be happier with our purchase. Our goal was high mpg and safety. Our first tank was 47mpg, our highest tank was 58mpg. And our average is around 48mpg. We achieved in the first fill up what was unable to be had with the Cmax. The IIHS rates this as a top safety pick. If this had not been rated as a top safety pick or not rated, we would not have purchased this car. No matter how many MPG, safety is stil the deciding factor. This car is very comfortable to drive once inside - getting in and out for a bigger guy (6'0", 275lbs) is slightly a chore but not too bad. There is plenty of room for all 4 of us (2 teens, 2 adults) and for the groceries in the back. The car has had zero problems with it - a somewhat unusual thing on new cars I have purchased. Normally something is wrong, but in this case there has been nothing wrong in 3000 miles. The extended warranty is reasonably priced and the 0% financing being offered were the icing on the cake. CONS: rear window is split with a spoiler and takes some getting used to. There is a slightly annoying feeling when going from electric to gas in particular at about 45mpg when it transitions. The multi purpose display screen (GPS, radio, etc) is obscured by the sun though an aftermarket sun shield is availbe though I haven't purchased it yet. The usual bluetooth trade off when changing drivers (after shutting car off and going out later) problem can be frustrating, have to select the new driver from a menu instead of being automatic. The only other small peeve is the fact that not all models have a lifetime MPG tracking tool - need to do through the tripodometers. Visibility can be frustrating for some, in particular taller drivers. PROS: High MPG. IIHS Top Safety Pick. Reliable, not a single problem, build quality is sound, seats are very comfortable, decent ride. Price comparable with other hybrids but 0% financing and a reasonable priced extended warranty make it a good value. Overall, I'd say a good choice for those who want high mpg and a top safety pick. I read reviews about cheap interior but to be honest our Cmax had similar materials - neither felt cheap. The car achieves the mpg it promised on the first fill up and well beyond its rated mpg on certain kinds of trips. If I had to do it again, I'd have just bought the Prius to begin with and forget the others.

Pragmatic car

by Priuspkg4 from Jacksonville, Fl on January 8, 2013

There is only and I mean only one issue I have with this 2013 Prius package 4. The navigation system it really lame. My Garmin is way better. Other than that whether, it's room, power, comfort, sound system, handling, AC, features, everything is very good or excellent. I just don't know a word that can discribes 53 mpg better than 510 miles on a full tank. Man, talk about putting a ole on your face!

Really love it

by tennis bum from Boise, Idaho on September 24, 2013

I have wanted a Prius for a long time. I know several people that have them and love them. Went to a dealership to test drive the 3 different models. Chose the mid size. Mostly interested in improved gas mileage. It has not disappointed. Driving on a 1400 mi. trip the gas mileage varied between 47-51 mpg. The interior is comfortable for two fairly good sized people. We leveled the backseat and took luggage, a good sized cooler and bags of curtains to be delivered to a friend. The seats are easy to put down and pick up. We did have to read the manuel to figure out all the buttons on the dashboard and the information the digital readout was telling us. Learning curve is like getting a new smart phone..........:>)

toyota Prius

by Don from Ohio on November 8, 2012

As of right now I,m extremely pleased with my toyota prius. Our first trip was over 580 miles and we got 52 miles per gallon. That is really good. I went to our local dealer and drove it about every car out there, once I picked the one I wanted, got my price. I got online and contacted eight dealerships told them I would find a new car did not want to be a round on price, and wanted the lowest price right now that I could get. Two places came up a round thousand dollars last than everybody else. I went back to my dealership told them I would rather do business locally if they could beat the practice I've received. I would deal locally and they did beat the competitors price so I bought locally. Used the Internet to get your best deal DON

gas sipper

by Harry from the south from Ruffin SC on March 19, 2013

I bought this car for the gas mileage, I have only had it a little over a week so it is too early for a true accessment of the car but on my first tank of gas I got 56+ mpg on over 500 miles. So far on the 2nd tank it looks better, to early to gas up yet!

Fun to own

by Just regular from Cincinnati on July 12, 2013

Quiet car to drive. Very good handling, tight turning radius. Comfortable to ride in. Great gas mileage

2013 Prius two

by Reebee from Minneapolis mn on September 27, 2013

The Navigation system is worthless. It dies mid trip frequently and routes oddly. I have taken it in to Toyota twice since I purchased new four months ago and they can't figure out what is wrong. Luckily I take photos of the gibberish that appears when it dies so the dealer knows the problem is real. Otherwise the car is fine but for this much money I expect a navigation system that works. Otherwise the ride is fine and it is very roomy. Mileage averages 59 miles per gallon combo city and freeway.

Overall Good Car- Don't get the MPG Promised

by thelm from on March 21, 2014

I've had this car for 4 months. I do mostly highway driving. I have never gotten over 41MPG. My controls on my car say I get 50MPG, but calculating it myself shows something different. I don't see how Toyota can promise 48-50MPG. Also, the beeping when in Reverse is very very very annoying. Does anyone know how to stop this?? Overall this car is great, just disappointed in the actual MPG. Awesome that blue-tooth comes standard.

Does not recommend this car!!

great car

by Love the mileage from ohio on May 13, 2013

Love the 50 mpg lus I get. Preevious Toyota ownwe, first time Prius. Love the no interest payments. What more can I say?

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11