2000 RAV4

2000 Toyota RAV4

2000 Toyota RAV4

4 out of 5 stars Comfort
4 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have you driven the 2000 Toyota RAV4?

My 2000 Rav4

by HammerHal from Hamilton, ON on Thu Mar 30 2017

What can I say about my burgundy/grey Rav4 that hasn't already been said before? Yes, they are extremely reliable and practical but it's not all puppy dogs, lollipops and rainbows for me. You see I am 6'4 and even though I technically fit in this vehicle it is not the most comfortable especially for long trips. I also have to slouch to not look out through the sun visor. When you have a couple of suitcases along with some extra gear in the back the 120 HP 4 cyl motor really struggles. I wish she had at least 30 more HP which would also help when passing traffic or going up BIG hills. Surprisingly the gas mileage isn't that great either. It costs me $50 to fill the tank and I only get about 400 km on that tank. As for styling I like it especially during the summer months since I pretend it's a dune buggy when I drive her to the beach. And...in winter she is a beast and has yet to get stuck. I love the full time 4WD. But..that fulltime 4WD is why I am filling up more often. (heavy transfer case) So there you have it. Like most vehicles you take the good with the bad but overall I would recommend an older Rav4 like mine which was built in Japan and just seems to go on.....forever!

Best Car I Ever Owned

by RAV4 Enthusiast from Lynn, MA on Sun Feb 07 2010

Love Toyotas - in 22 years I've had only 2 vehicles - a Tercel for 11 years and a RAV4 for 11 years. Low owner maintenance costs, never had a breakdown.

Love this car!

by Rav 4 Owner from Scottsdale, AZ on Sat Aug 13 2016

I really love this little SUV...it's just perfect for my lifestyle. My 6 foot tall husband fits into it just fine, although I wouldn't recommend this vehicle for a large person. I'm 5'2" and it seems like it was made just for me. It's got plenty of space for whatever garage sale finds I might gather up on the weekends, and for going back and forth to work during the week, it does great. The interior design isn't spectacular -cup holders are too small, and the console is just so-so. But mine has a sunroof, which makes up for a lot! I drove a diesel 2015 Rav 4 all around Iceland for an entire month, and I would recommend Rav 4's in general for handling and reliability.

reasonable car

by zub from ny on Tue Jun 26 2007

space is less Toyota launched a pint-sized sport-utility vehicle early in 1996. Based loosely on the sporty Celica coupe platform, the RAV4 departed from truck-based SUVs by featuring a fully independent suspension, unitized construction, and no separate low-range 4WD gearing.The RAV4 wagons came in 2- and 4-door form, with front-wheel drive or permanently engaged 4-wheel drive. Sole engine was a 2.0-liter 4-cylinder, initially rated at 120 horsepower. A 5-speed manual transmission was standard, with 4-speed automatic optional (except for the 2-door 4x4). Manual-shift 4x4s came with a center differential lock, however, which could be useful for off-road operation. Antilock brakes were optional on all models. Designed especially for the U.S. market, the 4-door RAV4 rode a wheelbase 8.3 inches longer than the 2-door's, and measured 16.1 inches longer overall. The 2-door was a hardtop wagon, with a swing-out tailgate and an optional twin tilt/removable aluminum sunroof. Dual airbags were standard

my first car

by Car maintenance clueless from San Antonio, TX on Wed Jun 04 2008

I have had my car for 4 years now and it has been very reliable, unfortunately I am still learning how to take care of it without having to go broke.