2000 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews

2000 Toyota Rav 4
Average based on 4 reviews

Best Car I Ever Owned

by from Lynn, MA on February 7, 2010

Love Toyotas - in 22 years I've had only 2 vehicles - a Tercel for 11 years and a RAV4 for 11 years. Low owner maintenance costs, never had a breakdown.

reasonable car

by from ny on June 26, 2007

space is less Toyota launched a pint-sized sport-utility vehicle early in 1996. Based loosely on the sporty Celica coupe platform, the RAV4 departed from truck-based SUVs by featuring a fully independent suspension, unitized construction, and no separate low-range 4WD gearing.The RAV4 wagons came in 2- and 4-door form, with front-wheel drive or permanently engaged 4-wheel drive. Sole engine was a 2.0-liter 4-cylinder, initially rated at 120 horsepower. A 5-speed manual transmission was standard, with 4-speed automatic optional (except for the 2-door 4x4). Manual-shift 4x4s came with a center differential lock, however, which could be useful for off-road operation. Antilock brakes were optional on all models. Designed especially for the U.S. market, the 4-door RAV4 rode a wheelbase 8.3 inches longer than the 2-door's, and measured 16.1 inches longer overall. The 2-door was a hardtop wagon, with a swing-out tailgate and an optional twin tilt/removable aluminum sunroof. Dual airbags were standard

Love this car!

by from Scottsdale, AZ on August 13, 2016

I really love this little SUV...it's just perfect for my lifestyle. My 6 foot tall husband fits into it just fine, although I wouldn't recommend this vehicle for a large person. I'm 5'2" and it seems like it was made just for me. It's got plenty of space for whatever garage sale finds I might gather up on the weekends, and for going back and forth to work during the week, it does great. The interior design isn't spectacular -cup holders are too small, and the console is just so-so. But mine has a sunroof, which makes up for a lot! I drove a diesel 2015 Rav 4 all around Iceland for an entire month, and I would recommend Rav 4's in general for handling and reliability.

my first car

by from San Antonio, TX on June 4, 2008

I have had my car for 4 years now and it has been very reliable, unfortunately I am still learning how to take care of it without having to go broke.