2001 Toyota Rav 4

Very reliable

by from Palm Harbor,Fl on November 14, 2010

Bought my 2001 used in 2007 for a cheap, reliable transport and to carry around my big dog. Its been a great car giving me no problems and is even fun and easy to drive. Though, it is a very small vehicle, it is perfect for shorter drivers. The rear door is a bit heavy and can be inconvenient if another car is parked behind you when you want to put anything in the rear. But does provide decent cargo space. It's a great little suv.

This car ROCKS!!!

by from Southeast US on February 21, 2013

Just bought an '01 Rav4 and LOVE IT!!! Sturdy and built to last, but stylish and eye-catching. Great features like over-drive for gas-saving and passenger room plus cargo area for just about anything. I have not found a prettier, small SUV.

A Fan

by from Knoxville, TN on February 9, 2014

Bought my Rav4 new in 2001 and now have 185,000 miles on it. It's been my best car ever, reliable, roomy, and has gotten 30 mpg the whole time -- unusual in a 4WD. Downside is that it's a 2L engine so doesn't have as much pickup in fast traffic, and is noisier at high speeds than I'd like. Overall, a great, reliable car, though, and I'm at a loss to decide what car I'd want to get next. IF this car ever gives out, I'll probably get another Toyota.

Great SUV

by from Branford, CT on October 15, 2013

I bought a RAV 4 new and owned it for over 13 years with no problems - very reliable and stylish-looking SUV. Easier to park and maneuver than many larger SUV's and a more comfortable ride. Great on snow and ice. I'll never go back to driving a car now that I've owned an SUV - just bought a brand new one!

good buy

by from from Aurora, CO on January 29, 2013

The cars I looked at were clean and test drives were good. They were okay with me getting an inspection before buying, which is important with a used car. Everyone was polite and easy to work with.

Great small SUV

by on July 8, 2017

This car has loads of little features that make it convenient and practical. It proved to be a very reliable car for 12 years, with only basic maintenance. Probably one of the best Toyota has made and got an average of 26 MPG.

Uses car for Transportingfamily

TOYOTA RAV 4 GREAT CAR.

by from GRANDFORKS. ND on July 17, 2017

IT IS A GREAT VEHICLE.IT IS GOOD IN SUMMER AND WINTER.IT WILL PASS THROUGH THE SNOW WITH EASE.I CAN'T WAIT TO RENEW IT NEXT YEAR.

Good vehicle

by from Minnesota on March 16, 2014

Standard transmission went out at around 80,000 miles, cost 1500 to get a new one. other than that, runs great and fun to drive. Great parking. Its so short I use it as my city car.

A very good small suv

by from virginia beach, va. on March 18, 2017

In producing the second generation RAV4, Toyota really produced a clean vehicle, just as this market in small utility vehicle's began to explode. The purchase price was inside of as $18,000 new and after 16 years of ownership and over 100,000 plus miles.......I would most certainly buy another one today

Very Reliable, Well Functioning, Fun to Drive

by from Eugene, OR on September 5, 2017

This car is great. I have taken it on many roadtrips, it's a smooth ride, never has any problems, and is great on gas. The interior is roomy, with an impressive amount of space for the size.

Our Expert Review: 2001 Toyota Rav 4