2002 Toyota Rav 4

2002 Rav 4 , still going strong!

by from Farmington Hills, Mi. on August 30, 2017

My husband keeps asking me if I want to get a newer version of the Rav 4 ,but I will drive this one as long as possible. I love it! Great in all types of weather , really grips the road . I have never had any major problem with this car . Body doesn't have an ounce of rust !! I recommend any Rav 4 ! Great lil SUV!

The best gas saver I owned

by from Hagerstown MD on August 22, 2017

The vehicle drives nice and comfortable easy to park nice small city drivable car good on gas clean exterior in good shape no tears or marks on the interior

Uses car for Transportingfamily

Very reliable and packs quite a lot.

by from Ahwatukee az on June 20, 2017

I like the fact that it has a manual transmission and cruise control. It also packs a lot of stuff.

Best. Car. Ever.

by from Greenville on June 18, 2017

2002 Rav4-L. Owned since 98,000 miles. 300,000 miles, ten years, soon. New rotors & pads at purchase. Rebuilt transmission at 200,000 +/-. Squirt electronic cleaner into cruise control stalk when it acts up. Love the size, economy, utility, and reliability of this car. Plan on keeping it up, and keeping it mine.

Dependable & versatile

by from Greenville on May 13, 2017

Love this car/SUV. Light, maneuverable, good visibility, stone-cold reliable. Wish its interior was quieter. Approaching three hundred thousand miles.

long-time Toy/Honda owner and Rav-ing "maniac"

by from auburn, al. on July 24, 2015

This lil' Rav o' mine just keeps on rollin'... bought it new in 2002, has manual tranny, and w/good servicing have had next to no problems. hit 220,000 miles this month - did replace clutch about 6 months ago, but this little unit refuses to quit! We plan to buy a new hybrid Avalon soon, but I'm keeping my "little mule" !!!

rav-4 good car

by from california on May 25, 2013

everyone is nice and helpful I really love the car, Romeo was great and this has been a nice experience.

MOST RELIABLE CAR I HAVE EVER OWNED

by from SHELBY TWP, MI on October 5, 2011

RELIABLE, SMOOTH RIDE, TROUBLE FREE,GOOD ON GAS AND I ENJOY DRIVING THIS SUV. I INTEND TO PASS ON TO MY SON THIS GREAT CAR IN NEAR FUTURE INSTEAD SELLING OR TRADING.AND THIS WILL BE MY SON'S FIRST CAR WHICH HE HAS DRIVEN RECENTLY AND HE LIKED IT VERY MUCH.

Long Time Toyota Owner

by from Snoqualmie Valley, WA on January 9, 2011

We purchased this car with 60,000 miles on it, and the only issue we had was the tranny computer, which was, later on, recalled by the company. Toyota issued a good faith recall for up to 8 years or 150,000 miles, whichever was first. The car suited our needs so well that we just fixed it and kept on driving. And driving. And..... driving. Very minor repairs, if any. It now has close to 200,000 miles and never fails to start or get from point A to point B. This car sees an average of 25-30,000 miles a year, all kinds of weather, and not a great schedule of upkeep. This engine can have a gelling problem, if you don't use synthetic oil or change regular oil every 2-3000 miles. Great for people with disabilities such as bad hips, or for those who have difficulty getting in and out of a regular car. Also the back door and roof line are so tall that you can remove the seats and it becomes almost like a small van in back. There is so much space, four bikes can fit easily! Road noise is definitely there, but for what the car is, that is a minor annoyance. Have had several Toyotas, and our only disappointment was the 06 V6 4x4 Rav we bought new. It was terrible in the snow, had a lag/surge problem with the tranny, and was dangerously overpowered. We still have our '02 and plan to buy another '04-'05 with 4WD. Hope this information helps someone out there who is considering one. They are a bit pricier, but if you don't like trips to the mechanic, then this car is for you... you will LOVE the resale value!

Reliable SUV

by from Spruce Pine, NC on October 14, 2010

The 2002 RAV 4 was a great vehicle. My wife owned it for six years and traded it in on a newer model (2007). The RAV 4 was a 4WD and did exceptionally well on slick roads, in snow or ice. The 4 cylinder engine was a little loud, but it was economical to own (26 mpg) and was well maintained by our family.