2005 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews

2005 Toyota Rav 4
Average based on 14 reviews

I love it.

by from Washington State on April 1, 2007

This car literally stops on a dime without swerving or skidding. It is so responsive that I have saved 10 min. in my 45 min. commute over Chevy Monte Carlo. Braking, steering and acceleration are quick but not overdone. Still in touch with the road. Big sun/moon roof in the limited edition and auto traction and 4 wheel drive a big plus. Slide-in slide-out seat height and cargo area are easy on the back. Worth every dollar.

Reliable and dependable

by from North Jersey on February 23, 2010

After 2 years of using the car, here's what I'd like to say about it. If you are looking for a reliable car, here's the car for you, hasn't really ever broken down in 2 years I have owned it... Purchased used at 20K milesafter its been for 2 yrs on the road. I just spent 1300 for maintenace after 24 months of fuel-oil change-drive type of use..replaced company tires...it had horrible Toyo Radial tires that got worn out fully in 20K miles of my use. The A/C has been pretty good, and the new tires feel like lots of grip even on wet road and snow roads. Road noise reduced significantly after new tires and fule economy is about 17 MPG mostly city driven...It could have had a bigger tank, but its not all too bad. Its a economic car for a small family and ok for long distace rides...i've driven it for 500 miles and was OK with it.

Can't Believe What it Will Go Through

by from Alberta, Canada on June 7, 2008

I am a rancher and bought this as a highway vehicle to also use checking the cows. I now use it all the time on the ranch. It can get into and out of tight spaces, doesn't get stuck in the mud and can plow through snow. On the highway it stops well and handles like a dream. I love this vehicle. My only complaint is the tires that come with the base model. They don't last and mud and ice get packed in them.

63 Vette Split

by from Pa. on August 20, 2010

This is my third Rav 4. Very happy with the car. Very nimble, good in snow and gets good gas milage. Very reliable.

2005 RAV4

by from Dallas, Tx on May 25, 2006

This is the last model before the style change. Only issue is leg room for a 6'1 driver is not adequate. We preferred this to the Honda CRV which was our 2nd choice.

Love my 2005 Rav 4S

by from Grove Hill, AL on September 8, 2008

I have had this "truck" for 3 years, and I love it. I have had no problems with it. I keep the oil changed and the tires rotated and balanced according to schedule. This is the best vehicle I have ever had (right along with my Honda Civic). It handles so good and can get you in tight spaces. It rides good considering it is a small SUV. I would pick it to drive and ride in over any other vehicle we own. I use conservative measures to conserve fuel and get 30 to 31 MPG. I now slow down to 60 except when driving long distances on the interstate. Love this vehicle.

Great Small SUV

by from OKlahoma on March 27, 2010

Before purchasing this vehicle I drove every small SUV on the market and preferred the Rav4 to them all! Since owning the Rav4 I have had absolutely no problems. Handles great in traffic! It rides more like a car than a truck. However, wet, ice or snow packed roads are no problem for this vehicle! Having had back surgery recently I found that the seats are more than supportive. The driver's position is higher than that of a car and makes it very easy to get in and out of. This has been a GREAT little truck!

Most reliable car i have owned

by from Scottsboro,Al on September 17, 2010

Toyota Rav 4 Sport, 2.4 Litres 4 cylinder, Average 28 MPG, Awsome SUV, low cost,ultra reliable,still looks as good as new,with scoop and spoiler,looks as good as when i bought it,metallic paint.

new jersey commuter

by from NJ on March 17, 2007

i got the sport version and it drives very well-i drove it to snowy roads and has performed very well.the engine response is quick too-even in highways-this car is underestimated by other drivers but it can zoom with other high octane vehicles,the gas mileage is good at 25mpg for mixed highway and street driving.i only wish they could have widen the car a little bit to give space for tall drivers and added more cargo space.

Fun to Drive

by from Northampton, MA on October 6, 2006

I love this car, so easy to handle, and nice smooth ride. We brought a used 2005 not an easy task, but you can't find a better vehicle. Can't wait to drive it in the snow.