2005 RAV4

2005 Toyota RAV4

2005 Toyota RAV4

Have You Driven the 2005 Toyota RAV4?

I love it.

by Looking for reliabilty and cold weather vehicle from Washington State on Sun Apr 01 2007

This car literally stops on a dime without swerving or skidding. It is so responsive that I have saved 10 min. in my 45 min. commute over Chevy Monte Carlo. Braking, steering and acceleration are quick but not overdone. Still in touch with the road. Big sun/moon roof in the limited edition and auto traction and 4 wheel drive a big plus. Slide-in slide-out seat height and cargo area are easy on the back. Worth every dollar.

Can't Believe What it Will Go Through

by Love my Toyota from Alberta, Canada on Sat Jun 07 2008

I am a rancher and bought this as a highway vehicle to also use checking the cows. I now use it all the time on the ranch. It can get into and out of tight spaces, doesn't get stuck in the mud and can plow through snow. On the highway it stops well and handles like a dream. I love this vehicle. My only complaint is the tires that come with the base model. They don't last and mud and ice get packed in them.

A Versatile Vehicle

by HugAMechanic from Cypress, Texas on Sat May 20 2017

Just the basics here. The 2005 RAV4 L is a utilitarian vehicle. The RAV4 is not made to be fast or sexy looking it's intention was to get you there routinely. Yes, the Rav4 is not exciting, its interior is mainly of molded plastics, but they are not fragile nor appear dull (with some care is applied) in over a decade of use. The seats are comfortable for long drives and your driving position is excellent; not too high or low just right from a 5'10 perspective. The fuel economy is respectable even if driven aggressively and even after over a decade of use. This vehicle is a great investment in terms of practicality because its inexpensive to maintain. Do it yourselfer's will find oil changes and routine maintenance such brakes, filter changing, tires shopping are relative inexpensive and easily available. We currently have almost 170K miles on this vehicle. In fact we drive the RAV4 more now as we feel as at ease leaving it at public parking areas compared to our other newer vehicle. Overall, this vehicle has served us very well and we could probably see a couple more years without major repairs. I am highly considering the 2018 RAV4 as its successor and this vehicle has address many of the issues that we have in the our 2005 RAV4 such as interior road noise, lack of feed back from the steering, weak A/C during high temperatures (85 degrees and above). However, I missed the swing door with the tire {Standard size) on the back, but the 2018, I know, will be reliable as this 2005 RAV4 when I bought it new 12 years ago.

Great Small SUV

by Rav4 Lover from OKlahoma on Sat Mar 27 2010

Before purchasing this vehicle I drove every small SUV on the market and preferred the Rav4 to them all! Since owning the Rav4 I have had absolutely no problems. Handles great in traffic! It rides more like a car than a truck. However, wet, ice or snow packed roads are no problem for this vehicle! Having had back surgery recently I found that the seats are more than supportive. The driver's position is higher than that of a car and makes it very easy to get in and out of. This has been a GREAT little truck!

Most reliable car i have owned

by Plazmon from Scottsboro,Al on Fri Sep 17 2010

Toyota Rav 4 Sport, 2.4 Litres 4 cylinder, Average 28 MPG, Awsome SUV, low cost,ultra reliable,still looks as good as new,with scoop and spoiler,looks as good as when i bought it,metallic paint.

Love my 2005 Rav 4S

by Female hunter from Grove Hill, AL on Mon Sep 08 2008

I have had this "truck" for 3 years, and I love it. I have had no problems with it. I keep the oil changed and the tires rotated and balanced according to schedule. This is the best vehicle I have ever had (right along with my Honda Civic). It handles so good and can get you in tight spaces. It rides good considering it is a small SUV. I would pick it to drive and ride in over any other vehicle we own. I use conservative measures to conserve fuel and get 30 to 31 MPG. I now slow down to 60 except when driving long distances on the interstate. Love this vehicle.

new jersey commuter

by diego from NJ on Sat Mar 17 2007

i got the sport version and it drives very well-i drove it to snowy roads and has performed very well.the engine response is quick too-even in highways-this car is underestimated by other drivers but it can zoom with other high octane vehicles,the gas mileage is good at 25mpg for mixed highway and street driving.i only wish they could have widen the car a little bit to give space for tall drivers and added more cargo space.

I finally own a RAV4-ioli!

by Kat from Sacramento, CA on Sat Jul 08 2017

After having lost my beloved 1996 Toyota Tacoma pickup to an accident in January, I was now faced with finding another vehicle. I thought about getting another little truck, but thought it was time to get something with a bit more room. I had always liked the RAV4 styling and just-right-size so I started my search. Well RAV4s are super popular so it took me 6 months to finally find the right one and not have it sold before I could get to it. It's a 2005 but looks and drives like new, a beautiful pale green, has plenty of giddy-up, great on fuel, super easy to drive, tremendous visibility and a dream to parallel park. Now seriously, how many SUVs can you say that about? Can't rave enough about this little RAV4 gem other than he's all mine now and I could not be happier about it!

2005 Toyota Rav4 EXCELLENT CAR

by ButterscotchTC from San Juan Capistrano on Mon Apr 10 2017

This is my second Rav4 and they have never done me wrong! Great traction with the 4 wheel drive, brakes last for FOREVER! Great Vehicle all around!

Finally!!!

by Parties Maid EZ from Sharon, MA on Wed Oct 22 2014

I have wanted a RAV4 for for several years. My sister used to have one and I loved the way it handled. Now I have my own in the color I wanted too! Got it for about $1000 below book value (thank you cars.com) and plan to drive it into the ground - even if I have to replace the engine and transmission in 10 years! This is the car of my dreams!!

1 2 3 4