2012 RAV4

2012 Toyota RAV4

2012 Toyota RAV4

Have You Driven the 2012 Toyota RAV4?

The most valuable small SUV

by Fisherman from Southern California on Tue Mar 11 2014

I purchased 2012 Sport V4 model to replace 2005 Sienna Van. I rented a Hyundi Santa Fe for roadtrip before my purchsing. I also tested Nissan Rouge and Honda CRV. Rav4 and Honda CRV were on the final run. I choice Toyota because the package met my need for the price that I expected. Less than one year later, my wife purchased the 2013 CRV base model. Now, I can tell you the true experience of these two competitors as the user. They both have same performance. Rav4 2012 is the last year of the old model. Its interior was designed for V6 w/7 seat optiopn. The 2nd row seat can be slided back and forth. My 5 seat get extra leg room when I push back. Because mine is 5 seat model. It has X-extra huge cargo space. Put down the 2nd row seat, I can still get a flat space like a bed when I going out for camping like driving Sienna van. The 6 speakers audio has excellent sound quality. The only Con's for this car from my experience are 2: 1. The doors are very light, so most of times I have push a little when closing the door. 2. The gas tank is only 12 gal. I believe this is a compromise for the other X-extra features for 7 seat option. I believe this has been changed to 16 gal. in 2013 new model. Of cause, you will not get those X-extra space from 2013 model. My Sport model come with roof window, rack, buletooth and MP3, USB and back-up camera. I used to buy long lumbers from HomeDepot when I drove Sienna van. Although Rav4 is not as long as Sienna van , I can still buy plenty of 2x6x(8+ size). My Rav4 Sport model has #3 gear which help picking up speed on highway when I need. Honda has better interior (roomy). The windshield was pushed forward with wider glass to get more space. The interior width is also a little wider than Rav4. The driver's seat has arm rest which is good for long trip. The back-up camera(rear monitor) has become standard feature which is very thoughtful for high position vehicle. The cargo space is huge too. CRV has smaller turning radious for you make U-turn. They both make you feel very steady while driving on the curving road. They both very reliable, comfort, good driver's view to all around the traffic. The price is difficult to compare each other. I will think they are pretty much the same if same features, but unfortuantely their different trims equipted with different features. Toyota Rav4 (even though 2013 model) is a little sporty looking while CRV is more like city car. You shall pick what you need. You will like either one. Both Toyota and Honda make good value products. So far, I have 10500 miles on my Rav4 and over 5000 miles on CRV. My Rav4 perform 19 mpg in the city and 24 mpg on the roadtrip with premium gas. My wife has never counted the mpg for her CRV. I think it is about the same in city. I guess the roadtrip mpg shall be a little better if we try Eco-mode. She mentioned one time about Eco-mode and said "You don't want use this feature in the town even though on highway because the system will run with less power." I guess that Eco-mode will be very helpful if we go for roadtrip in Wild West. Hope these true experience are helpful for you.

Love it so far

by HUBBAR00 from Central New York on Wed Apr 11 2012

I just got my 2012 Rav4 a few weeks ago and took it on a 14 hours round trip to Virginia with no problems. I averaged 25mpg- not awesome but I'll take it. It was very car-like and easy to handle and also very comfortable. Visibility was fine. You do have to watch for wind - common with taller cars but I was driving a tiny sedan previously so it was not something I was used to right away. I love the bluetooth capability and the controls on the dash - something I did not really think I would care about. Since I went from CNY (40 degrees) to Va (65 degrees) I got to use both heat and a/c: both were fine. Lots of storage space throughout. My friend just traded in her 12 year old Rav 4 with over 140,000mi on it. I hope mine lasts that long!

Safe and Reliable Small SUV

by RAV4 Fan from on Sat Sep 22 2012

This is the second RAV4 we have owned. It is a nice little SUV for our needs, we purchased for reliability and the value we got for the money. Very easy to drive and has all the safety features you need in a modern vehicle including the backup camera. Plenty of room in the back for all our stuff and a Kayak on top of the racks. Plus my wife likes how the higher stance of the vehicle gives her a better view of the road. The RAV4 fits our lifestyle and needs.

now a two rav4 family

by magnusfl from Tampa on Fri Jun 29 2012

the 97 rav 4 is sweet with no problems other than normal service which is expected so we added a new one to the family which is the 2012 rav4 limited and passed on the 4 wheel drive and 6 cylinder as we live in Florida and wanted the best millage and did not have the need for a 6 or 4x4 as our new 2012 rav has more power than the 97 which is fine everywhere fully loaded with camp equipment except for going up mountains where I could not even meet the 55 mph speed limit so expect the new rav to hanndle that even better

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Great Solid Driver

by Jake33 from NE Pa. on Mon Jan 21 2013

Drove them all found the Rav 4 to be the most solid feeling Cross over in it's class. Nice feel on the hi-way, great brakes, comfortable firm but not harsh ride.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Very good on gas milage, reliable and beautiful.

by Mrbof A Toyota fan by choice from Yeadon, PA on Sun Sep 08 2013

Very good on gas milage. Nice,cozy interior and beautifully crafted exterior. Spacious trunk for shopping and for reasonable haulage. Easily accessible driving features and equiped with some modern car technology. Loving It.

We love our used RAV4!

by Cara from Toronto, ON on Wed Mar 08 2017

It's beautiful, comfortable, well-designed, efficient, a dream to drive, and it was such a great deal from Toyota On The Park in Toronto. Great dealership and repair place. We are 100% happy. Love it!

Raving over the Rav 4

by Rav'er from Salem, OR. on Thu Aug 23 2012

It took me a long time to settle on and buy exactly what I wanted. The Toyota Rav 4 Sport V6. It's fun to drive, surprisingly quick and responsive, looks amazing (sport w/appearance package) and toyota's reliability is bar none. I wish that they offered navigation systems in the other models besides the limited, but I'll just have to use the maps on my smart phone. Great all round, 4 seasons car.

Excellent!

by Garvoon from Laurel, MD on Mon Dec 10 2012

Best car I've ever owned ... I traded a 2009 RAV4 for my 2012! Great mileage, comfort, style, perfect for toting my amps and guitars to gigs. Love it!

RAV

by ToyotaGal from Woodbridge VA on Tue Oct 30 2012

This is the fourth Toyota in our household and my second RAV4. My first RAV4 was 12yrs old, and I loved it. The only reason I sold it was to get the down payment to buy a newer one. I got a great price when I sold my 2001 RAV4 - had I been able to keep the old one and still buy the new one, I would have b/c I LOVE my RAVs!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Our Take on the 2012 Toyota RAV4

It's not often that convenience and practicality can evoke tremendous emotion, but by the end of my weeklong test drive, I fell hard for the 2012 Toyota RAV4.

Sure, the RAV4 is nothing new; this current generation has been out since 2006. A redesigned RAV4 will debut later this summer for the 2013 model year, but this current compact crossover worked so well for my family that I can't help gushing about it.

More convenient than I'd ever imagined, the 2012 Toyota RAV4's spacious cabin, open visibility and easy maneuverability made it an absolute pleasure to drive.

I certainly wasn't turning heads in the RAV4 and I wasn't expecting to become so fond of it, but the more time I spent in the car, the... Read More