2013 RAV4

2013 Toyota RAV4

2013 Toyota RAV4

4.5

Have You Driven the 2013 Toyota RAV4?

Crashed

by New Toyota RAV 4 Owner from BC Canada on Sun Sep 08 2013

Just got the RAV4 and had a horrific crash into a semi , whole front , and rt. door torn off . Most people would be dead in this type of crash . All 8 airbags saved them from injury. The RAV 4 saved my family , they walked away from a certain death .

RAV4 - Much improvement!

by Anne in Virginia from Gloucester, VA on Sat Jan 19 2013

I disagree with the reviewer that removing the 3rd Row option from the RAV4 was a mistake. It was silly to offer such an option in a small SUV - not even a child could fit. I'm sure demand was very low so Toyota made a wise business decission. I just purchased a 2013 yesterday and I love the new design. I had a 2010 4 Cylinder RAV4 before and have always been happy with the 4 Cylinder. I have driven a V6 in the past and did not see the need for a V6 in this car. I have plenty of power and in the new RAV4, I have Eco and Sport mode. Hurry out and test drive one. I love my Display Audio and the Bluetooth setup in about 60 seconds.

Thankfully I don't do a lot of driving...

by Amanda from Fair Lawn, NJ on Tue Apr 01 2014

I drove a 2009 Rav4 LE for almost 5 years and absolutely loved it. Now that I have the new 2013 Rav4 LE, I find myself wishing at times that I still had my old one... I was given a brand new, 15 miles on the odometer, 2013 Rav4 from the dealership just over 2 months ago. I definitely like the interior more than the 2009 version with the back up camera, touch screen display, bluetooth, etc., but I also miss a couple of the old features too. I feel like there's less storageup front and the extrerior tends to scratch very easily. A lot of plastic additions and kind of silly to see fake plastic parts where lights would go on a higher edition. I don't have a far commute to work, so my gas mileage has been pretty decent, but I've never felt 100% comfortable in the car. I didn't even get off the lot yet, before turning the car around to ask why the brakes were making noise -- I was told they had to be "broken in" because it was sitting on the lot for so long. Brought the car back 4 days later because the bluetooth wasn't working correctly. I was told by 2 different people (including a specialist) that they didn't know how to fix it and I needed to bring it in for service. Fast forward 2 months and the car has less than 2,000 miles on it. Not only does the transmission and acceleration make me nervous -- down shifts very quickly and has "jumped" forward on a couple occassions when putting the car into reverse. The engine has also been making a "squealing/whining" noise since I first got it when driving below 45mph and has a difficult time driving up hill. I've had to put my foot almost to the floor for it to accelerate. I plan on bringing the car in for service in the next couple of weeks and make note of these problems. My 2009 Rav NEVER had a problem in the 4+ years that I had it. No engine noise, comfortable, no leaks, etc. I loved that car...this new one, is not so impressive. I think Toyota is a great car, but I'll think twice about getting another Rav4 once my lease is up in 3 years.

Does not recommend this car!!

Nice Ride

by RAV4 Randy from MPLS, MN on Mon May 06 2013

Bought a 2013 RAV4 XLE. Just returned from a 600 mile round trip and averaged over 35 MPG traveling 65-70 MPH. It was a quiet, smooth ride. Very Happy with it. The only thing I would like is a more versatile center console that fits a cup with a handle, and maybe a more solid hood. Over rough roads the hood flexes some. It is a minor issue, just an aesthetics type thing. No regrets buying it so far.

Happy so far

by Al from Bloomington MN from Bloomington MN on Thu Mar 07 2013

Have owned only 3 weeks but am happy with my choice. Was also seriously considering a Honda CRV and looked at several other crossovers (every make has one and they all look about the same). Preferred the RAV4 XLE (FWD, cloth seats) exterior and interior design and the timing chain (vs. CRV's belt which requires major $ to replace at 80,000 miles). Also dealer provided lifetime powertrain warranty at no additional cost. Toyota made some nice improvements on the 2013 model vs. prior ones. Hopefull still one of the most reliable cars made.

RAV 4 Limited

by BJ from Las Vegas on Mon Mar 04 2013

This car drives and handles much better then Honda CR-V EX-L. Can't go wrong for the price and reliability rating. if your are in compact SUV market consider this car.

Enjoying the RAV4 Limited

by Sportfit from Stone Ridge, VA on Wed Feb 11 2015

I've been very impressed with the vehicle so far. I came from an Acura RDX, which cost considerably more, but didn't offer any more features than the RAV4 Limited - and guzzled premium gas at 20 mpg. Although the Acura was more powerful, the RAV has plenty of pickup for all daily and highway driving. Pop it into Sport mode, and you get even quicker acceleration; or maximize your mileage in Eco mode - I average 25 mpg (about 60% city). I tested this SUV against the Mazda CX-5: although the Mazda may have been slightly sportier to drive (but not much), it fell way short of the RAV4 inside. The RAV is much more comfortable, roomy, and has all the luxury features (Nav, Bluetooth, etc.) that the RDX had. I love the two-tone Terra Cotta interior. On the road, the ride is a nice balance between firm and shock-absorbing; it's not a Lexus, but it's quiet enough to make hands-free calls or listen to music (without blasting), and it handles all bumps smoothly. The sound system is quite good, and the navigation is adequate, though it has trouble finding points of interest. At 23,000 miles, I've had only two very minor issues: the rear hatch auto-opening mechanism (which I LOVE) had to be replaced (under warranty) when it failed, and the dashboard has started to rattle/squeak just a little, but only when the weather is below freezing. Unless the car falls apart, I expect to be happy with the RAV for years to come.

2013 Toyota Rav4! Fun to drive!

by Golfware from San Francisco, CA on Mon Oct 07 2013

Hello, having driven a 2005 Nissan Maxima for nearly 9 years and 215K+ miles, it was time to move to a something different. I knew that I was tired of driving a sedan and wanted something with solid gas mileage, stylish, fun to drive yet sat higher up than I was use to. Enter the 2013 Rav4. What a great little SUV. It's a head turner, believe it or not. Gets great gas mileage, has a smooth ride, is very fun to drive and has lots of room for all types of things. Sorry for the short review, but i highly recommend it.

Bigger engine - better gas mileage than other SUVs

by New RAV Owner from West Palm Beach, FL on Thu Sep 12 2013

I looked for 6 months for my first SUV; looked at Honda CRV....wanted style, gas mileage, bigger engine and a reasonable price for the model. I test drove the CRV but didn't like the handling or road noise. I had a Toyota Solara for over ten years so I knew about the Toyota quality. I looked at the New RAV 4 and what caught my eye was 1) size of interior ; 2) bigger engine than the CRV (2.5L vs 2.4) but it got better gas mileage! Rides like a car. With the Limited model you get 18-inch, vs 17 -inch tires on the base or XLE model. The engine is a 6 speed electronic that whines a bit. Eco option is a gas saver. Gets approx 24 mpg city. No road noise with the 18 inch tires. A little more with 17 inch. Great back seat space and good storage space in the back...LOVE IT!!

2013 Toyota RAV4 XLE

by Kat from Maryland on Sun Jul 20 2014

Might be a little soon for this, but since the car is a 2013 model and it's July 2014 it's probably a good time since I'm now the second owner of this car. I purchased the TRav over the 4th of July just before my vacation to the ocean. After a 3 hour drive there, local Ocean City driving, and 3 hours back, I'm puzzled as to why the previous owner didn't keep the vehicle. Fun to drive; carried hubby and three teens around for a week or so and no complaints. Hubby has mostly all positive things to say also. Plenty of rear seat leg room and storage in the rear, and boy did we have it loaded down. Tks Toyota for the large side mirrors. Whoever thought of their size considered people like us that have the rear stuffed to the roof and no rear view mirror visibility. I was able to compensate just fine, and plan to purchase a roof rack. Believe me this isn't a knock to the TRav, but just an idea of what we packed. ENGINE: Performance for a 4-banger is excellent. There's enough engine and transmission options (ECO boost, Sport, and the neat Standard/Auto shifting) to make me feel that I've got enough options for all driving situations, and believe me I've used them so far. It's got some serious pep and delivers quickly. Gas mileage appears to be as advertised, but I'll probably be able to extend that carpooling back and forth from work since it's mostly highway. Soooo much better than my previous vehicle. TECHNOLOGY: Ok, this will be short from me since that wasn't much of a concern during purchase (Yeah, I'm in my early 50s - it shows). Love the back up camera, awesome bluetooth, excellent audio system, and hookups for iPODs, teenager gizmos, etc. Did I mention I love the bluetooth. Never thought I'd hear myself say that. ISSUES: Lack of lumbar support for cloth seats - Hubby has back issues so he's sensitive about this. See light color under scratches in red paint, but I plan to touch up and I'm very good at that sort of thing, so don't expect it to be a big problem. 4 stars for value for the money and reliability since that would depend on how trouble free the Rav will be in the future. Given the history of the Rav I'm hoping it will warrant 5 stars in a couple of years :) Additional PLUSES: Love how Toyota has the bottom of the body covered with the plastic and integrated into the bumpers. Figure I'll need that additional protection if we have another winter full of Polar Vortexes. Thought the dash design (bump out area to the glove box) was a bit odd at first, but after traveling around I've warmed up to it because it makes fiddling with the buttons easier. Lot's of additional hidden storage for tools and space around the spare tire for additional things. I'm a chick that likes her tools. All in all, I'm very happy with this vehicle and would recommend to a friend. Almost seems as though it was made just for me :)

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 19

Our Take on the 2013 Toyota RAV4

Small families looking for efficient, versatile vehicles are flocking to the compact crossover SUV class, where automakers are keeping it fresh and competitive with frequent redesigns and new models.

After six years with minimal changes, the 2013 Toyota RAV4’s redesign is an awkward dance of two steps forward, one step back.

The updates are big: The RAV4 loses its available V-6 and third row of seats, upgrades to a six-speed automatic transmission and swaps its swing-gate cargo door for a more conventional roof-hinged liftgate. The Toyota RAV4 is an improvement over the previous version, but only by a baby step. The smoother ride and greater fuel efficiency are leaps ahead, but cuts to... Read More