2016 RAV4

4.8 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

3600 miles and loving it

by Rav 4 enthusiast from Dallas, TX on April 12, 2016

I bought a 2016 Toyota RAV 4 SE back in January and so far so good! The interior is plush and sophisticated and I love my standard sun roof on sunny days. The performance of the car could be a little better in terms of power but it gets me from point A to point B. I can see myself owning this RAV4 for years to come.

Excellant

by Ranger from Ohio on January 8, 2016

We recently bought the limited edition, and couldn't be happier. The mileage is 27/31 MPH. It is beautifully designed, very comfortable, the options in the limited is worth the extra money. If you are looking for a new crossover and you don't try the RAV4 you will be cheating yourself. I did not mention reliability because Toyota's reputation speaks for it's self. If the limited is in your budget, you should drive it. We traded the 2013 RAV4 XLE which was very similar but the interior options are better in the limited.

Best value for car and comfort

by Shiv2742 from Irving, Texas on February 3, 2017

I bought Rav4 Limited in 2016 May. I have clocked around 7000 miles. It is one a very comfortable and easy to handle SUV. I was waiting to see interior quality behavior after 7-8 months. I am amazed with interior quality - it feels like new still. I have read many reviews that it does not have enough power. I have not had this experience. If you drive the first 1000 miles without ramming accelerator - vehicle performance is so different after first oil change service. Some reviews claimed it little Noisy but, I am surprised with those reviews. It is absolutely not noisy. CRV and Nissan Rogue were my other choices. CRV had a little stiffer and heavier steering than Rav4 and CVT did not make me feel good. Rogue was good in everything but, somehow reliability pushed me to buy Toyota Rav4. I am not regretting the choice because 7-8 months old Rogue looks and drives different than a Toyota. Fuel efficiency is little less when compared to CRV. I do not drive a lot so (on an average 800-900 miles a month), this was not a big factor for me. What I loved about was steering handling and driver seat comfort. I think this has the best driver seat comfort in this segment. I have not driven the 2017 CRV yet. But, until end of 2016 - this is the best Small cross over SUV one can get and never regret about it.

Outstanding AWD Duel Economy

by Russ in Utah from Kaysville on April 3, 2017

We purchased the 2016 Rav 4 LE in AWD about 6 months ago and just went on our first long distant highway drive (250 no stop miles) and my wife and I were pleasantly surprised that we averaged 31.1 miles per gallon and I verified it by filling up with about 8.4 gallons of gas after completing the 250 mile drive. We were in Eco Mode and occasionally used cruse control and about 20% of the drive included a two lane canyon road with lots of climbing and descending. We mostly drive our Rav 4 to the grocery store and other in town short drives and in normal mode we can expect just under 24 mpg city driving which is the EPA estimate but 31.1 Hwy is 2 mpg better than the EPA of 29 Hwy. We owned a 2008 Honda Accord and on the highway we would average 29 mpg. My wife and I would have never imagined eight years later a SUV AWD would be more economical. I recently read in Cars.com in real world driving the Honda CRV 2017 Turbo was delivering just under 32 mpg Hwy but city driving was barely over 20 mpg Average out city and hwy driving and our base model Rav 4 2016 model is out performing in real world fuel consumption the top-of-the-line touring Honda 2017 CRV Turbo and we paid $12,000 less. Thanks Toyota

Class Act!

by Carnut59 from Holbrook ,NY on November 30, 2016

We have a 2014 RAV4 XLE and just purchased a 2016.Excellent performance and gas mileage as promised with Lexus fit and finish at a Toyota price tag!

Rav 4 is my favorite car, this is my third one.

by Fr. Joseph Kalapurayil from Palm Coast, Florida on March 31, 2017

Excellent sports utility and most comfortable vehicle to drive anywhere in the world. I was fully satisfied with my previous two Rav 4 s.

I love driving my new Toyota RAV 4 !

by LonnieD from Slaughters, Ky. on April 25, 2017

My new Toyota RAV 4, Drives great! It Gets good Gas mileage. It is Very stylish and Practical... I am looking forward to many years of service with this Vehicle!!!

Best SUV in snow

by Patricia lane from S. Setauket on April 3, 2017

I had to drive to work when there's 6-7 inches of snow on the ground! RAV4 gives me the confidence!!

Good small suv

by Nle4tampabay from Land o lakes Fl on April 15, 2017

I like 2016 Rav4 i bought, but it needs more light interior even in LE model, because you can not see inside at all while driving at night

A great car

by Carol J from Pigeon, MI on May 31, 2018

This car meets all of my expectations with regard to comfort and performance. Easy to handle. Since I am directionally challenged, a compass would be a nice addition.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11